Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 132,743 times)

Still Collating...

Yeah, that's probably exactly what he's aiming at.
I'm curious about this. I hope it's good and not just collage level drunk philosophy of "robots bad, humans good" or even the vice versa which is getting stale. A lot of grey on both sides makes a very interesting story. Can't wait.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Principle photography currently underway...

QuoteSA FILM ACADEMY WARRIORS ON RAISED BY WOLVES

We grabbed a quick pic of two SA FILM Academy trainees on set in the Lighting Department on Sir Ridley Scott's epic Raised By Wolves production, serviced by Film Afrika Worldwide.

SA FILM Academy has 17 trainees on Raised by Wolves.

Here, SA FILM Academy trainees Thembelani Ncamisi (on the left) and Thobela James (on the right), strike a pose between set-ups, with Best Boy Phillip Mhlabane.

Looks like they are doing location shooting out in the mountains behind Cape Town Film Studios.

Ingwar

I hope it's gonna be bad-ass :)

Nightmare Asylum

Film, TV, whatever, this is one of my most anticipated things in general right now.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Slightly blurry snapshot of Travis Fimmel on the Raised by Wolves location shoot:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtW6dPKnThk/

Looks like he'll be sporting his Vikings "look" for this series as well.

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 02, 2019, 06:00:12 PM
Looks like he'll be sporting his Vikings "look" for this series as well.

Yeah, it makes sense as:

QuoteThe previously cast Fimmel will play Marcus, a roguish, charismatic soldier, who was the ultimate survivor back on Earth. To escape the doomed planet, Marcus and his wife Sue made a dangerous decision that they must keep secret at all costs. But now that they've arrived in the new world, Marcus is struggling to reconcile the sins of his past, even as he continues to embrace the killer instincts that always kept him alive in the first place.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Mmm... wonder what his big secret is?

Another actor (Brett Williams) has joined the cast and will be playing "Payen" while Ivy Wong will begin filming her scenes next week.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ingwar

Ingwar

Looks like it is. When you look closely you can see white object (set light?) on the right, behind (or within) primitive shed which is definitely part of set. This shed doesn't look like natural part of environment which makes sense from the story point of view. However I can be wrong.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 02, 2019, 06:00:12 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtW6dPKnThk/

Just realised that facial scar on Timmel's face is real.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 02, 2019, 09:49:57 PM
Mmm... wonder what his big secret is?

Ex-soldier? Assassin? Terrorist?

BishopShouldGo

Can't wait for this series.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Another shot from the RBW location shoot that just like the previous ones, irritatingly doesn't actually show us much of the set.

https://twitter.com/bluewaterafrica/status/1093515660456546304

It's 34°C in Cape Town today, they'll definitely need the water. :P

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 06, 2019, 11:14:25 PM
Looks like it is. When you look closely you can see white object (set light?) on the right, behind (or within) primitive shed which is definitely part of set. This shed doesn't look like natural part of environment which makes sense from the story point of view. However I can be wrong.

Yeah, that primitive hut/shed kind of reminds me of what we saw in the concept art. I wouldn't be surprised if they built a whole village out there. Apparently it's near the town of Wellington which is situated right next to that big mountain range behind Cape Town Film Studios.

QuoteJust realised that facial scar on Timmel's face is real.

Never even noticed he had a scar before. Doesn't look like a knife scar though, looks almost like a burn mark from a poker or something. The ladies would love it I'm sure.

Nightmare Asylum

God, I cannot wait for this.

Ingwar

Nice find 8th!

And another crane ;)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

That article says that it took them 2 months to construct that outdoor set. And that they currently have 400 crew members working on it. So it must be pretty massive. I guess it's situated on private land otherwise we would have had photos from the public appearing by now like we had with the Milford Sound shoot on Alien: Covenant.

Ingwar

As a comparison, do we know how much staff worked on Covenant? As you said, it seems like Wolves is a massive production. To bad Scott won't shoot the whole season. I wonder how this will affect its quality.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed