Lord of the Rings - Amazon Series

Started by KiramidHead, Nov 04, 2017, 07:53:05 PM

Author
Lord of the Rings - Amazon Series (Read 30,912 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 30, 2022, 11:40:27 PMStuff finally happens in the sixth episode.

Unless the last two are as eventful as 6 was, I feel like people will be left feeling like "was that it?" for the next two years or however long it's supposed to be taking to make more.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I thought it benefited from the complete omission of any cutaways to the harfoot or dwarven subplots, thus it was way more focused than before.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 01, 2022, 01:28:46 AMUnless the last two are as eventful as 6 was, I feel like people will be left feeling like "was that it?" for the next two years or however long it's supposed to be taking to make more.

Unfortunately, I think the last two are going to focus on the aforementioned harfoot and dwarven subplots.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the season is over for Galadriel's subplot (which is probably closer to the main plot, IMO) and we'll see nothing more of it until season two.

I realize they're all going to wind up converging into one at some point, but I think it's pretty obvious that Galadriel is intended to be the main protagonist of the show.

Prez

Prez

Now that was a great f**king episode! That ending ... boooom!!!

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 01, 2022, 05:57:27 AMI thought it benefited from the complete omission of any cutaways to the harfoot or dwarven subplots, thus it was way more focused than before.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 01, 2022, 01:28:46 AMUnless the last two are as eventful as 6 was, I feel like people will be left feeling like "was that it?" for the next two years or however long it's supposed to be taking to make more.

Unfortunately, I think the last two are going to focus on the aforementioned harfoot and dwarven subplots.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the season is over for Galadriel's subplot (which is probably closer to the main plot, IMO) and we'll see nothing more of it until season two.

I realize they're all going to wind up converging into one at some point, but I think it's pretty obvious that Galadriel is intended to be the main protagonist of the show.

I suspect you're right.

dave1978

dave1978

I turned off when the Orks attacked by surprise at night in the pitch dark with every single one of them holding a big flaming torch to announce their arrival.  What a total joke this series has been.

These are the same Orks who cant go out in sunlight and spend all their time in the dark,  so why would they need flaming torches to move around at night? 

Total senseless junk

[cancerblack]

Quote from: dave1978 on Oct 04, 2022, 12:11:16 PMI turned off when the Orks attacked by surprise at night in the pitch dark with every single one of them holding a big flaming torch to announce their arrival.  What a total joke this series has been.

These are the same Orks who cant go out in sunlight and spend all their time in the dark,  so why would they need flaming torches to move around at night? 

Total senseless junk

I wish they were Orks with a K.

Local Trouble

xShadowFoxX

So episode 7... Yea, I got nothing.

dave1978

dave1978

Its bad,  so bad

Prez

Prez

I quite enjoyed it.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

It went from okay to just boring again. The lore is also all sorts of weird now. I will say that episode 7 at least progresses the story unlike the first few episodes.

KiramidHead

I liked it aside from the dumb title card gag at the end.

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 07, 2022, 05:59:18 PMI liked it aside from the dumb title card gag at the end.
I dunno I liked the title card gag

[cancerblack]

Spoiler
I'm still not entirely sure how the water was supposed to set off the volcano. I may have to watch that part again.
[close]

In regards to the current ep - yet another one that has a few choice moments I genuinely enjoyed but largely feels like a drag.

Local Trouble

Spoiler
I'd like to know how all those people survived a f**king pyroclastic flow.  That's some pretty powerful plot armor.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed