The Official "What was that Movie?" Thread

Started by DUB1, Nov 15, 2014, 02:48:20 PM

Author
The Official "What was that Movie?" Thread (Read 24,369 times)

Baron Von Marlon

The Keep (1981)?

Haven't seen it myself but it kinda sounds like it.

BishopWantsIt

It doesn't seem to be it. It's a Michael Mann film though, going to watch it!

HuDaFuK

It's comfortably his worst movie lol.

Master

Quote from: BishopWantsIt on Sep 19, 2021, 10:21:29 AM
Need help with a Horror film I watched as kid, probably around 1985-1992 at the most, the film itself could be from the 70s, early 80s.
There were some armed guys, maybe military or just explorers... they were crawling through narrow tunnels inside a strange building, like a pyramid, and they were getting killed.
The only clear scene I remember is one of the men getting killed by vines/strings. They came out of the floor as he was crawling and tied around him, cutting through his skin.

Galaxy of Terror?

BishopWantsIt

Oh wow, thanks, it really looks like it is the one. A Roger Corman's film and a shameless Alien rip-off on top of that, it will be a great watch.

Baron Von Marlon

Haven't seen it, think I'm gonna watch it as well.
I did see the poster that looks like a totally different movie.


HuDaFuK

Yeah, none of that shit happens in the movie :laugh:

It's not in any way a good film, but it is a fun film if low-budget horror exploitation is your thing.

BishopWantsIt

I watched it tonight and there was an actual alien rape, although the scenery and the creatures are different from those in the poster.

SiL

James Cameron's directing career got started because he got maggots to move in that movie.

Also what the f**k happens to Robert Englund's character?

BishopWantsIt

Quote from: SiL on Sep 21, 2021, 11:24:20 AMAlso what the f**k happens to Robert Englund's character?

He becomes an engineer.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 21, 2021, 11:08:16 AM
Yeah, none of that shit happens in the movie :laugh:

It's not in any way a good film, but it is a fun film if low-budget horror exploitation is your thing.

It's not really my thing but sometimes I can appreciate the effort, the story or certain elements.
In this case: I read they used the pyramid design from the original Alien script.

HuDaFuK

Tbf it's not mine either, but it's definitely one of the better low-budget sci-fi horrors I've seen. It's schlocky as hell, but it is quite entertaining.

Plus, you know, a woman gets raped by a giant space maggot.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 21, 2021, 07:21:44 PM
Tbf it's not mine either, but it's definitely one of the better low-budget sci-fi horrors I've seen. It's schlocky as hell, but it is quite entertaining.

Plus, you know, a woman gets raped by a giant space maggot.

The Creature Below (2016) is a decent English horror made for  about  £12,000.
Probably the best movie with the lowest budget I've seen so far.

Also has faulty posters that give the impression of a totally different movie.

HuDaFuK

Probably a bit of a long shot this one, but back when I was a kid I remember seeing a movie on TV that totally ripped off the score from the Lethal Weapon movies. It definitely wasn't one of the Lethal Weapons, but it had an almost identical soundtrack, with the distinctive combination of electric guitar and saxophone. Beyond that I really can't remember anything about it, other than it was probably an action thriller.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 04, 2022, 05:21:03 PM
Probably a bit of a long shot this one, but back when I was a kid I remember seeing a movie on TV that totally ripped off the score from the Lethal Weapon movies. It definitely wasn't one of the Lethal Weapons, but it had an almost identical soundtrack, with the distinctive combination of electric guitar and saxophone. Beyond that I really can't remember anything about it, other than it was probably an action thriller.

At first, I was thinking of the 1988 film 'Deadly Pursuit' (AKA Shoot to kill) based on the saxophone in the soundtrack but I could be completely wrong.


Is there nothing else you can recall about the film at all?


Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed