The Official "What was that Movie?" Thread

Started by DUB1, Nov 15, 2014, 02:48:20 PM

Author
The Official "What was that Movie?" Thread (Read 38,670 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Oct 13, 2017, 04:21:48 PM
There's another film I remember quite vaguely.

It had this humanoid monster, probably with very dark green skin. It was sort of reptilian.

In one scene, it was in a cage and managed to escape and the human characters find it nearby in some forested area eating a person.

Then later on in the film, they're all on a ship out at sea with the same creature on board the ship hunting them down one by one. I recall one person walked down the ship corridor and the creature just snatched him out of the way mid-walk with a very loud echo roar.

Another scene is of the characters looking at the CCTV camera and seeing the creature standing very still in a corner of the ship interior, slightly slouched.

And I think there was a part where one of the characters is sneaking around and an oven opens with burned human limbs falling on him.
Chupacabra Terror (2005)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 03, 2018, 04:18:38 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119879/ ?

YES! That is the film!

Quote from: Omegamorph on Apr 16, 2018, 04:51:27 PM
Chupacabra Terror (2005)

Thank you, that is also the film!

Quote from: ace3g on Jan 03, 2018, 04:13:40 AM
Well I thought for the first movie you were thinking of was Thursday with Thomas Jane and that scene with Paulina Porizkova.  But I don't think that is it.

That sounds like an interesting film, I'll give it a look. Thanks so much for the help, everyone.

The Cruentus

I got two darn films stuck in my head, one is an old comedy and another is cheap horror. It can be such a headache when you are trying to remember these things  :P

The comedy: From what I remember, its about this man who taken in as baby by his uncle after his parents ditched him, he grows up to be a photographer/journalist/investigator or something. He is clumsy and his uncle has to constantly put up with him. The uncle in question is bald/balding with a moustache. In the intro, he was like a hippy as I remember a particular funny scene when he is handed the baby and it urinates on him and is response is something like "Not cool man".  I also remember another scene where the uncle has an headache or something and a faith healer tries to "help" him by smacking him in the head. "lose satan!" or something he said.  :laugh:

The horror: This movie was likely a low budget rip off from what I remember of the quality, it had alien bugs that sucked the life the out of people, leaving them like husks, and another Alien that was fighting them that was a predator rip-off, only he was friendly.

Any of you know what these movies were called?

Jigsaw85

I doubt anyone knows about this one but: There was this movie on TV in the 90s, or tv show, I don't know, about robots that looked human but had guns behind their eyes. like the left half of their head would flip open to reveal a gun behind their eye. One of them gets gunned down by an old lady after an argument.

Gaunchola

>:(   Edit: Sorry, I didn't see the Sticky Thread above for these things.
Found it. By found it I mean a friend found it for me.

It was actually Army of Darkness.

What are you trying to say by saying that ?  It needs to be announced like  " Army of Darkness " , with some sort of golden shine . Literally one of the coolest movies , i.m.o. at the time . Switching channels , no way !
*irony off*

It makes part of the Evil Dead Trilogy ( and no , no , no  you don ´t want to count that fourth part called -which is really EVIL, a bad ass travel to nonsense itself - in )

The Alien Predator

I have been trying to find out the name of a cartoon or maybe it was an anime.

I vaguely remember small details on it such as a flying creature that had no legs, it was a torso with a head and skinny arms and had wings. It was yellow or orange and it kept observing the main characters at a distance and talking to itself.

And during some episodes, I think it was at the end or before ads would play on TV, but during these moments there'd by some kind of humanoid creature inside of a pod filled with yellow liquid and had tubes coming out of its body. The scene would focus on it for a bit before things would fade to black or go to the next scene.

I'm sorry I have so little to remember but this cartoon stuck in my head ever since really early childhood. Do any of these details sound familiar to anybody?

Kimo

This was either 80's or 90's film about going undercover in some notorious biker gang. The only thing I remember is? The lead character (maybe a cop) gets his biker jacket urinated on by his mentor. The cop is like WTF, why you piss all over my jacket for? The mentor says something like, you will have to smell like them if you want to blend in and not stand out.

Any help thanks.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Kimo on Oct 18, 2018, 09:53:59 PM
This was either 80's or 90's film about going undercover in some notorious biker gang. The only thing I remember is? The lead character (maybe a cop) gets his biker jacket urinated on by his mentor. The cop is like WTF, why you piss all over my jacket for? The mentor says something like, you will have to smell like them if you want to blend in and not stand out.

Any help thanks.

This sounds like Stone Cold (1991) which starred Lance Henriksen

Kimo

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 19, 2018, 10:57:13 AM

Any help thanks.

I just checked the trailer out on YouTube and I'm not 100% sure cos I would of thought I would remember Lance henriksen since I was big on Aliens back then. I will have to check this film out, to see if it is the same film as you said. If that film "Stone Cold" has that scene I described earlier about getting his jacked pissed on? Then it is probably the same film. I'm just shocked I forgot Lance was in it. However if that scene is not in this film then it must of been a different film.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Kimo on Oct 19, 2018, 12:21:51 PM

Any help thanks.

I just checked the trailer out on YouTube and I'm not 100% sure cos I would of thought I would remember Lance henriksen since I was big on Aliens back then. I will have to check this film out, to see if it is the same film as you said. If that film "Stone Cold" has that scene I described earlier about getting his jacked pissed on? Then it is probably the same film. I'm just shocked I forgot Lance was in it. However if that scene is not in this film then it must of been a different film.

Maybe it's Beyond The Law (1993) with Charlie Sheen ?

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 19, 2018, 10:32:43 PM
Quote from: Kimo on Oct 19, 2018, 12:21:51 PM

Any help thanks.

Maybe it's Beyond The Law (1993) with Charlie Sheen ?

Could be that too. Least you now have two choices to look at

Kimo

Will check them both out cheers all.

Sabres21768

Ok here's one for you "older" folks:

All I can remember is it was set in some kind of ancient church or castle

The two scenes I remember clearly was a dead dog found in a tree and a guy who had been found crushed behind an ancient door.

It's an old 70s movie I think.

Baron Von Marlon

-A movie set mostly or entirely in a trailer park. Wasn't drama, comedy or horror. More one of those regular movies. It was about the different relations between the inhabitants.
I'd guess it's an 80's or 90's movie.

-A horror I'd guess that features the dialogue "It hurts? Ofcourse it hurts. It's supposed to hurt. It's supposed to hurt."
I'm pretty sure I heard I saw the movie. Heard it as an outro of a song later on and it's stuck with me ever since.

ace3g

ace3g

Spinoff Edition: "What was that Game Show?"

Anyone remember a game show where contestants were given a long sequence of numbers - they were able to take them home to memorize the best they could, come back on the show and recite as much of the sequence as possible?

Disregard,

I believe this was it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed