The Official "What was that Movie?" Thread

Started by DUB1, Nov 15, 2014, 02:48:20 PM

Author
The Official "What was that Movie?" Thread (Read 38,663 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Nov 02, 2015, 12:07:48 AM
It's a heist movie, fairly recent. In it the ones conducting the heist cover their face with a white sleeve and sunglasses. At the end you find out none  of their weapons were even real and they faked a whole lot of shit. I think Jamie Foxx was in it?

Inside Man (2006) ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WRxsmqercg

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Nov 02, 2015, 12:21:52 AM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Nov 02, 2015, 12:07:48 AM
It's a heist movie, fairly recent. In it the ones conducting the heist cover their face with a white sleeve and sunglasses. At the end you find out none  of their weapons were even real and they faked a whole lot of shit. I think Jamie Foxx was in it?

Inside Man (2006) ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WRxsmqercg
Yep thats it thanks

overthere

overthere

Once upon a time, maybe even 10 years ago, I stumbled upon a movie on TV that was so bad it was incredibly entertaining. I went from "What the hell is this crap, I'm skipping channel immediately" to not being able to look away. Unfortunately, it was late at night and I fell asleep during the movie. It's been on my mind ever since.

Since it was long time ago, I forgot almost everything. But I believe what I do remember can be of great help. So this is what I remember:

It's a sort of fantasy movie. The main character is looking for some magic book to destroy some evil witch(es). Most of the movie is set in a desert like location. There are also some sort of teleports involved.

I'm not sure, but I believe the main character had a scar and some teleports went to preset time. But this might be some other movie.

I'm sure if I just got a screenshot of a movie I'd be able to recognize it.

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see the Sticky Thread above for these things.

Found it. By found it I mean a friend found it for me.

It was actually Army of Darkness.

genocyber

There was this old 80's horror movie I remember catching some of as a kid on tv but could never remember what it was called or find it since.
It started out with a killer in black chasing down a woman in a park I think. He is some kind of vampire who instead of biting her, sticks a plug socket into her neck which drains the blood through a tube into a bag in a briefcase he is carrying. It cuts next to a woman who is caretaking the mans house and is walking around naked.

Dreadlock Holiday

Quote from: genocyber on Mar 15, 2016, 08:13:18 PM
There was this old 80's horror movie I remember catching some of as a kid on tv but could never remember what it was called or find it since.
It started out with a killer in black chasing down a woman in a park I think. He is some kind of vampire who instead of biting her, sticks a plug socket into her neck which drains the blood through a tube into a bag in a briefcase he is carrying. It cuts next to a woman who is caretaking the mans house and is walking around naked.

Did you find out what this was? Sounds a bit like Dark Angel starring Dolph Lundgren.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I've got a tough one, a TV movie I think, maybe from the 90's or early 2000's. The action took place in a town where a family moves in, and the town is "too perfect" for them. They became suspicious and they realize that there are no black people, mexicans, gay people etc, only white straight catholic couples... In the end they realize that the town is ruled by a psycopath priest who is kind of a guru, and that he had everyone in the town under his power, and that he made kill everyone who was "different" and did not fit in his vision of perfect society. There's a memorable scene in the end, where the priest grabs a AK47, and says stuff like "this holy AK47 has been given to me by the Lord ! Amen !" and then he blast away at the "hero" family, without killing them,
Spoiler
the good guys win at the end,
[close]
but that was a fun scene !

Kimo

Here's 2 that's been bugging me for years.

1st film is a low budget Sci-fi film around the 90's maybe late 80's. They is this spaceship that is somehow damaged and the crew is basically f**ked and are on borrowed time. I remember a woman going out to do repairs on the ship in her space suit, but she ends up getting killed. (Maybe hit by micro meteorites?) I can't remember how many were in the crew, but by the end of the film they are only 2 crew members left. 1 is a older scientist type of guy who comes across as someone who can't be trusted. The other is a guy who looks abit like a younger Bill Paxton. (Don't think it actually was Bill Paxton just someone who looked like him) By the end of the film they is not enough oxygen left to keep both guys alive. So the both play short straws to see who will commit suicide by using something like a cryotube to do it?  The older guy tricks the younger guy in to losing so the younger guy accepts his fate. But the is a twist, the older guy actually saves them both because he had a plan all along but he was not sure his plan would work however he needed the younger guy to lose the bet.

2nd film.. this is very hazy I was really young when I seen this. It might not of even went like how I'm going to describe it.
This film was made anywhere between the 70s early 80s. It was either a foreign film that was dubbed in to English or a English film with bad audio. The was this woman, who I think murdered her husband and buried him next to some lake. Either weeks maybe years pass (can't remember) and this stranger turns up at her door. (She might be renting a room out?) she ends up falling in love with this stranger. But he turns out to be the dead husband that has came back to revenge his death in someone else body. I remember at the end of the film the house is on fire. And it's not Hellriser.

Rudiger

Quote from: Kimo on Aug 13, 2017, 09:31:45 AM
Here's 2 that's been bugging me for years.

1st film is a low budget Sci-fi film around the 90's maybe late 80's. They is this spaceship that is somehow damaged and the crew is basically f**ked and are on borrowed time. I remember a woman going out to do repairs on the ship in her space suit, but she ends up getting killed. (Maybe hit by micro meteorites?) I can't remember how many were in the crew, but by the end of the film they are only 2 crew members left. 1 is a older scientist type of guy who comes across as someone who can't be trusted. The other is a guy who looks abit like a younger Bill Paxton. (Don't think it actually was Bill Paxton just someone who looked like him) By the end of the film they is not enough oxygen left to keep both guys alive. So the both play short straws to see who will commit suicide by using something like a cryotube to do it?  The older guy tricks the younger guy in to losing so the younger guy accepts his fate. But the is a twist, the older guy actually saves them both because he had a plan all along but he was not sure his plan would work however he needed the younger guy to lose the bet.

That sounds like Trapped In Space. Based on an Arthur C Clarke story. It's on the UK Horror Channel this week!

2nd film.. this is very hazy I was really young when I seen this. It might not of even went like how I'm going to describe it.
This film was made anywhere between the 70s early 80s. It was either a foreign film that was dubbed in to English or a English film with bad audio. The was this woman, who I think murdered her husband and buried him next to some lake. Either weeks maybe years pass (can't remember) and this stranger turns up at her door. (She might be renting a room out?) she ends up falling in love with this stranger. But he turns out to be the dead husband that has came back to revenge his death in someone else body. I remember at the end of the film the house is on fire. And it's not Hellriser.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

There's these two movies that are tugging at my memories but I can't for the life of me remember their titles.

I will put them in Spoiler tags so as to not make a huge post, but I remember quite a few scenes.

Spoiler
The first one is about these two, a man and a woman, both had black hair. They were a couple and I remember one scene of them having some mad sex to the point of where they fall right off the side of the bed and continue f**king like rabbits on the floor. One scene is them taking a bath together and she takes a moment to suck his big toe (don't ask.  :laugh:)

Anyway, the main plot of the movie is that these two were criminals. They kidnapped this blond man and a blonde woman. The black haired woman in one scene is stepping on the hands of the blonde woman and I recall another scene where the blond man is tied to a chair and she kinda sits on him and grinds her hips against him.

Another scene is the black haired man brutally raping the blonde haired woman while the black haired woman watches from the shadows curiously (might've happened before she went to grind on the blond guy.)

One scene in the movie has the blond guy dreaming or remembering having sex with a very large fat woman who was wildly riding his tiny skinny body.

Another scene is some dude getting slowly crushed by a huge truck, first his legs (agonised screams ensue) then his body (more screams) and then his head as the truck is moving in reverse.

I think at one point the blonde woman was being covered in food by a mob of people almost as if being prepared to get eaten.

And the ending of the movie is the black haired guy seemingly defeats some person and turns around to see the black haired woman, she watches in horror as his opponent rises and shoots her boyfriend in the back with a shotgun. She then kills the killer and walks away from the scene, the last moments of the movie is her silently walking down a street, ignoring the public as she has a sad look on her face and is in the moments of crying.
[close]

Does anybody remember this f**ked up movie? I never saw it fully, only some scenes.

Same for the next one below.

Spoiler
All I remember of this one is that there was this woman with short white hair and some guy seemingly obsessed with her.

One scene, she is driving and he just jumps in her car and begins taking control of the wheel and harassing her.

Another scene is she walks out of a shower naked, seen by some other man who then jumps on her and begins forcibly kissing her all over before they both fall down on the floor and he stops when she covers her face and is likely crying.

And the last bits I recall is later in the movie, the guy who was seemingly obsessed and harassing her (car guy) now seems to get along with her and both have some passionate sex in her car with no roof or something.
[close]

These scenes have stuck in my head since my very early childhood and I am now genuinely curious to see the full movies and what the hell the plots were about because I am interested in the characters and their motives.

Has anyone seen these films or know of them?

Kimo

QuoteThat sounds like Trapped In Space. Based on an Arthur C Clarke story. It's on the UK Horror Channel this week!

I just typed that film in to YouTube and the full movie was there. I've just had a little skip through it, and it seems like it's the same film.  ;D I'm gunna watch it again within the next few days to see if my memory remembers it correctly. I'm sure the will be afew parts were my imagination just ran wild when trying to remember it. Anyhow thanks for the reply I'm sure this is the one.  ;D ;D :laugh: 8) it was 1997 when I last seen this thanks for the reply.

The Alien Predator

There's another film I remember quite vaguely.

It had this humanoid monster, probably with very dark green skin. It was sort of reptilian.

In one scene, it was in a cage and managed to escape and the human characters find it nearby in some forested area eating a person.

Then later on in the film, they're all on a ship out at sea with the same creature on board the ship hunting them down one by one. I recall one person walked down the ship corridor and the creature just snatched him out of the way mid-walk with a very loud echo roar.

Another scene is of the characters looking at the CCTV camera and seeing the creature standing very still in a corner of the ship interior, slightly slouched.

And I think there was a part where one of the characters is sneaking around and an oven opens with burned human limbs falling on him.

Wweyland

I also have a tough one, I have been searching for this half my life.

I remember 2 (possibly samurai) armies fighting on a green open field.
Some of them use guns. It starts raining, the guns get wet and the possibly one side loses because of this.

Some dudes go on a quest to get water-proof guns (or possibly cannons) and get back with them in the end of the movie to have another battle.
That's all I remember.

ace3g

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Oct 11, 2017, 05:32:44 PM
There's these two movies that are tugging at my memories but I can't for the life of me remember their titles.

I will put them in Spoiler tags so as to not make a huge post, but I remember quite a few scenes.

Spoiler
The first one is about these two, a man and a woman, both had black hair. They were a couple and I remember one scene of them having some mad sex to the point of where they fall right off the side of the bed and continue f**king like rabbits on the floor. One scene is them taking a bath together and she takes a moment to suck his big toe (don't ask.  :laugh:)

Anyway, the main plot of the movie is that these two were criminals. They kidnapped this blond man and a blonde woman. The black haired woman in one scene is stepping on the hands of the blonde woman and I recall another scene where the blond man is tied to a chair and she kinda sits on him and grinds her hips against him.

Another scene is the black haired man brutally raping the blonde haired woman while the black haired woman watches from the shadows curiously (might've happened before she went to grind on the blond guy.)

One scene in the movie has the blond guy dreaming or remembering having sex with a very large fat woman who was wildly riding his tiny skinny body.

Another scene is some dude getting slowly crushed by a huge truck, first his legs (agonised screams ensue) then his body (more screams) and then his head as the truck is moving in reverse.

I think at one point the blonde woman was being covered in food by a mob of people almost as if being prepared to get eaten.

And the ending of the movie is the black haired guy seemingly defeats some person and turns around to see the black haired woman, she watches in horror as his opponent rises and shoots her boyfriend in the back with a shotgun. She then kills the killer and walks away from the scene, the last moments of the movie is her silently walking down a street, ignoring the public as she has a sad look on her face and is in the moments of crying.
[close]

Does anybody remember this f**ked up movie? I never saw it fully, only some scenes.

Same for the next one below.

Spoiler
All I remember of this one is that there was this woman with short white hair and some guy seemingly obsessed with her.

One scene, she is driving and he just jumps in her car and begins taking control of the wheel and harassing her.

Another scene is she walks out of a shower naked, seen by some other man who then jumps on her and begins forcibly kissing her all over before they both fall down on the floor and he stops when she covers her face and is likely crying.

And the last bits I recall is later in the movie, the guy who was seemingly obsessed and harassing her (car guy) now seems to get along with her and both have some passionate sex in her car with no roof or something.
[close]

These scenes have stuck in my head since my very early childhood and I am now genuinely curious to see the full movies and what the hell the plots were about because I am interested in the characters and their motives.

Has anyone seen these films or know of them?

Well I thought for the first movie you were thinking of was Thursday with Thomas Jane and that scene with Paulina Porizkova.  But I don't think that is it.

Scorpio

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Oct 11, 2017, 05:32:44 PM

Spoiler

[close]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119879/ ?

Wweyland

I remember this from some kind of B-level zombie movie from the 70ties or 80ties.
There was a zombie outbreak in a small town and an onlooker spots a kid eating his dads intestines inside a car.
This has haunted me for a long time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed