Halo: The Television Series

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 21, 2013, 05:54:29 PM

Author
Halo: The Television Series (Read 23,350 times)

orchidal

orchidal

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 22, 2014, 09:31:01 PM
looks lame tbh.

the gear the Spartans and the covenant wear all look like big pieces of prop plastic during live action.

needs big budget prop and set designers so the live action world doesn't look so fake.

I do not disagree...but I'm still hoping to enjoy it in the same way I could enjoy the BSG: Blood/Chrome webseries.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: orchidal on Oct 22, 2014, 08:39:00 PM
I wanna be hyped. Please be good.

Agreed. It doesn't look bad, but... it doesn't look like Halo either. :-\ The tint isn't working for me, and while a lot of the props look straight out of the games, something about the tone and the set design just feels really off. I'm really hoping for the best (story is quite intriguing), but I'm not totally feeling it.

Honestly, I'd like to get a CGI Halo film rendered as nicely as Halo Wars' cutscenes.

Quote from: orchidal on Oct 22, 2014, 10:15:06 PM
I do not disagree...but I'm still hoping to enjoy it in the same way I could enjoy the BSG: Blood/Chrome webseries.

Still need to watch B&C. What'd you think of it?

orchidal

orchidal

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 23, 2014, 04:07:27 PM
Quote from: orchidal on Oct 22, 2014, 08:39:00 PM
Still need to watch B&C. What'd you think of it?

If you ignore the tone of all the previous Syfy series...It's a totally fun Space Opera romp ala Lensman or SW ep IV. I like the colour, aesthetics, and characters ect. But as a prequel or tie in to BSG it's a bit incongruous in some regards. Knowing your tastes you'd also probably be able to enjoy it on its own terms. 

tavianini19

tavianini19

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 23, 2014, 04:07:27 PM

Honestly, I'd like to get a CGI Halo film rendered as nicely as Halo Wars' cutscenes.

Watch Red vs. Blue!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Finally got around to watching the trailer. The general tone and style of the story seems to be not-quite Halo, but haven't seen enough to really pass judgement on that yet.

The look of this, though (lack of colour aside), is damned good. All the props and sets seem pretty fantastic.

Can't wait to check it out. Have a good feeling about it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So I've watched #1 and #2. Tonally, it's very different to the typical Halo yarn. It's not comedic at all. Which isn't to say its bad. Not all Halo has been. It takes some of the core elements of Halo - civvie vs government, genocide and Alien tech - and spins a serious story with it.

Character-wise, not too many are shining after 2 episodes. Aiken, Locke and Macer are standing out at the minute and I think they'll continue to be the more prominent characters. I look forward to seeing more of them all. I liked the inclusion of Aiken as he had very little in the EU. Exploring the post-Spartan life should be fun!

Story-wise it's moving very slowly. Which can be good - if it builds to somewhere worth going. We'll see.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So I finished the last episode earlier in the week. Over all, I thought it was ok. Nothing special but nothing rubbish. I loved the guy playing Aikens but his arc turned out far too predictable. I also quite liked Locke and the conflicts that arose between the ONI. Was also interesting seeing the Hunter worms as the main bad guys - and made sense they'd be on the shard.

But nothing much really happened. It was a survival story with very little focus on any of the Halo elements.

Immortan Jonesy

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

5 years later. Jesus. I'd forgot about this until I saw this thread. Glad to hear it's still coming. There's so much for them to play with in that universe.

Master Chief

Master Chief

QuoteShowtime has announced a series pickup for a live-action adaptation of the epic Xbox game franchise (under the working title of "Halo"), with Kyle Killen (Awake) serving as executive producer, writer, and showrunner. Rise of the Planet of the Apes director Rupert Wyatt will helm multiple episodes and also executive produce.

Halo on Showtime

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They're really taking their sweet-ass time with the new show. Really happy to hear it's actually moving forward though!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

SHOWTIME'S HALO TV SERIES WILL HAVE MASTER CHIEF AS LEAD CHARACTER, TELL A 'NEW STORY'

QuoteMaster Chief will be "a lead character" in Showtime's upcoming Halo TV series, Showtime's President of Programming Gary Levine told IGN, although he won't be the only protagonist in the series.

The series is such an "enormous undertaking," Levine said, the premium cable network is aiming to air the series in 2020, and confirmed that the series will take place in "multiple locations" on "foreign planets," meaning that they'll likely shoot on a studio backlot rather than on location.

During Showtime's panel at the Television Critics Association summer press tour, Levine and Showtime President and CEO David Nevins shed some light on the hotly-anticipated adaptation, which they declined to call their attempt at replicating the success of Game of Thrones.

MudButt

MudButt

They need to get this show on the air already! Really excited to see who they cast. Showtime needs their flagship show and this is a huge get. They can go as violent as they want as well which is what I'm excited for. If this had been a movie it would have been a PG-13 for sure but now they can show some real war violence.

I hope they bring the Flood into this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed