Halo: The Television Series

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 21, 2013, 05:54:29 PM

Author
Halo: The Television Series (Read 23,312 times)

ShadowPred

Nightmare Asylum

Hoping that the colors aren't all so muted and washed out like that throughout the entire thing. Needs some bright splashes throughout!

That being said, the character, props... it looks great. Really excited for this!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 22, 2014, 08:14:19 PM
Hoping that the colors aren't all so muted and washed out like that throughout the entire thing. Needs some bright splashes throughout!

Agreed. Halo has always had a very vibrant and varied colour palette.

Also liking the look of Locke. When the character was revealed as a secondary protagonist, I was kinda hoping that the mysterious armoured ONI agent would be a woman, as this franchise has sorely been lacking a lead of another gender. Nonetheless, I really like his look here.

Christ, I'm excited to see Halo on the screen again. Forward Onto Dawn really whetted my appetite for it.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Forget the colors they better have proper armor on.
If this is going to be one of those "We in that universe but we dont use any of that universe" type of adaptations im out.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Well, seeing as I can spot a DMR, the Magnum, the assault rifle, an ODST-style chestplate, and a full Marine BDU (sans helmet) in those three photographs, I think it's safe to say we'll have a fair number of familiar items and props in the show.

There just better be some more colours. I'm getting sick of the grey and desaturated look that seems to seep into everything military-related.

Nightmare Asylum

Yup, I'm very much in agreement with Marines. The Halo armor and weapons and details are all their in all of their glory, and that's excellent. I just hope that they are able to capture the visual style of the universe itself in both this and the television series. I absolutely loved Forward Unto Dawn (in fact, this stuff has me in the mood to watch it again now), but if I had one complaint it would be the muted look of it, though I kind of let that slide because of the bleak dawn of war sort of feel it had going. This webseries is supposed to be set around the time of Halo 4, I believe, so I'm hoping for something more vibrant.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 22, 2014, 08:29:44 PM
Forget the colors they better have proper armor on.
If this is going to be one of those "We in that universe but we dont use any of that universe" type of adaptations im out.

Keep trolling, trolling, trolling...

ShadowPred

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Oh shit. So f**king hype.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Forerunner artifacts? UNSC/colonial tensions? The look and feel of the universe? Shit, this is looking good.

Though, I do hafta roll my eyes at "AN ELEMENT THAT ONLY KILLS HUMANS." Christ, that ain't how the periodic table works.

Still though, cannot wait for this. Hopefully there's a bit more humour in it than the ads lead us to believe.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Periodic Table works in mysterious ways.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

yeah didn't you watch the movie evolution?

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 24, 2014, 08:58:04 PM
Periodic Table works in mysterious ways.

Periodically.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm predicting the human-killing thing is some Forerunner weapon left over from the war.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 22, 2014, 08:21:53 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 22, 2014, 08:14:19 PM

Agreed. Halo has always had a very vibrant and varied colour palette.

Also liking the look of Locke. When the character was revealed as a secondary protagonist, I was kinda hoping that the mysterious armoured ONI agent would be a woman, as this franchise has sorely been lacking a lead of another gender. Nonetheless, I really like his look here.

Christ, I'm excited to see Halo on the screen again. Forward Onto Dawn really whetted my appetite for it.
This, all of this. Especially the part about hoping Locke would be a woman. The actor/look of the character looks good enough though, hopefully the same guy playing him here plays him in Halo 5 as well.

Still, the series is looking really good, I like the tension, the production design, and the premise is leagues more interesting than Forward Unto Dawn (which basically ended up being an [X]-School drama). I just love seeing ONI really coming into the mainstream view of the universe in a shady, first-person kind of way. It's still super drained and dark looking, but it's at least looking very color-coded. I just hope that there's more brightness to the color palette and some non-forced levity sprinkled throughout.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed