Halo: The Television Series

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 21, 2013, 05:54:29 PM

Author
Halo: The Television Series (Read 23,375 times)

Aspie

Aspie

I wonder how the origins are going to be explored, and for how long.

DaddyYautja

The Halo story has been so totally messed up by 343 i dont care.

Space Sweeper

We value your feedback.

Cal427eb

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I still wish a movie would be made instead. The TV show should be awesome, but I wish they can get Neill Blomkamp to come back and direct a movie for once.

Dovahkiin

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on May 23, 2013, 03:54:21 AM
I still wish a movie would be made instead. The TV show should be awesome, but I wish they can get Neill Blomkamp to come back and direct a movie for once.
They kinda already had one.  :P

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I'm talking about a big budget Hollywood film.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Ah, yes. That would be nice to see as well.

Aspie

Aspie

This T.V. show is going to have to have an immense budget, I just don't understand how they can pull this off. I hope Spielberg isn't planning to employ Terra Nova or Falling Skies production values. Really, I'm expecting a mini series route to be taken.

Space Sweeper

Well, Microsoft is backing it alongside him, so they'll probably have something like a Game of Thrones budget... which is practically on-par with a feature film. Hopefully the curse of Spielberg-on-TV doesn't carry over. Well, unless it's shit like Terra Nova or Falling Skies.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 23, 2013, 04:41:59 AM
Well, Microsoft is backing it alongside him, so they'll probably have something like a Game of Thrones budget... which is practically on-par with a feature film. Hopefully the curse of Spielberg-on-TV doesn't carry over. Well, unless it's shit like Terra Nova or Falling Skies.

Yeah, but surely something like Halo would make the Game of Thrones budget seem like chump change. It's going to have to be standard Halo quality to even have a chance. Which means visual perfection and amazing environments. Which kind of worries me, because sustaining that quality on a week to week format seems unreasonable, which might persuade them to take a Falling Skies   (hai lets not show da viewers shit for most the season then surprise them with "meh"-to-"good enough" visuals at the end) approach.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Aspie on May 23, 2013, 04:49:09 AM

Yeah, but surely something like Halo would make the Game of Thrones budget seem like chump change.
Something like Battlestar Galactica, constantly magnificently directed, held fantastic shipboard drama on frequently used and convincing sets and wonderful CGI in between for exterior/space battle shots for four seasons and only got better on a fraction of GoT's budget-- and that was a space opera. In Game of Thrones, the amount of CGI is hard to notice, but it's present in basically every upward facing shot of a city; much more than Battlestar Galactica and more detail/compositing work.

With a skilled set of directors, well designed live sets, and an creative application of CGI, it could easily work. I'd say all of the serious CGI work on Forward Unto Dawn was about that of two episodes worth of Game of Thrones, anyways, in terms of budget spent.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

unless it's shit like Terra Nova or Falling Skies.
Sweeper, you're breaking my heart.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 23, 2013, 04:58:33 AM
Quote from: Aspie on May 23, 2013, 04:49:09 AM

Yeah, but surely something like Halo would make the Game of Thrones budget seem like chump change.
Something like Battlestar Galactica, constantly magnificently directed, held fantastic shipboard drama on frequently used and convincing sets and wonderful CGI in between for exterior/space battle shots for four seasons and only got better on a fraction of GoT's budget-- and that was a space opera. In Game of Thrones, the amount of CGI is hard to notice, but it's present in basically every upward facing shot of a city; much more than Battlestar Galactica and more detail/compositing work.

With a skilled set of directors, well designed live sets, and an creative application of CGI, it could easily work. I'd say all of the serious CGI work on Forward Unto Dawn was about that of two episodes worth of Game of Thrones, anyways, in terms of budget spent.

Honestly, I'm just having a hard time imagining a Halo series where CGI will not be utilized an extreme amounts. Especially with the environments.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed