Halo: The Television Series

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 21, 2013, 05:54:29 PM

Author
Halo: The Television Series (Read 22,912 times)

Nightmare Asylum

So uhhh, would it be asking too much for Alan Tudyk, Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, and Tricia Helfer to appear (even if its just for one episode) as Mickey, Buck, Dutch, and Dare from Halo 3: ODST?

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 23, 2013, 02:29:11 AM
So uhhh, would it be asking too much for Alan Tudyk, Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, and Tricia Helfer to appear (even if its just for one episode) as Mickey, Buck, Dutch, and Dare from Halo 3: ODST?

Dude, you cast Nathan Fillion in everything. :P

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Aspie on May 23, 2013, 02:35:35 AM

Aspie, the character was voiced my Nathan Fillion and created in his likeness:

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 23, 2013, 02:40:53 AM

I know, but i'm talking about the shift to television. Fillion is a bit old now, and he's a tad out of shape (On Castle, anyways).

Nightmare Asylum

Meh, put him in some ODST armor and he'll be fine ;)

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 23, 2013, 02:48:09 AM
Meh, put him in some ODST armor and he'll be fine ;)

He can do the voice...but that's about it.  :P

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Aspie on May 23, 2013, 02:46:13 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 23, 2013, 02:40:53 AM

I know, but i'm talking about the shift to television. Fillion is a bit old now, and he's a tad out of shape (On Castle, anyways).
Pretty sure he was the same age as the character when they recorded it, anything past that would just be a natural progression. Then again, if they got him it'd pretty much just be saying that they're holding to the 'same cast' type deal, so they'd have to get the rest as well (even though they don't look like their characters, aside from Tricia Helfer).

Nightmare Asylum

Well, assuming that this is set during the war, they actually wouldn't really need anyone other than Buck and Dare since they knew each other long before the events of the game.

Aspie

Aspie

Castle is about to get renewed for 2 more seasons, and I have never seen an actor juggle 2 t.v. shows at the same time in major roles.

Nightmare Asylum

Which is why I said even a guest role in a single episode would be cool.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I was actually hoping for something that dealt more with the current timeline; revisiting the past as much as we already have has worn off much of the freshness and surprise (Forward Unto Dawn drew last breath for that on the UNSC side of things, IMO). Only other thing I think would be interesting enough in a past scenario would be an ONI espionage story (for which Veronica and Buck would have a place), but aside from that... ehhh... Not to mention, I think an ONI storyline would work a lot better in the present timeline, unveiling things nobody already knows.

What I'm basically trying to say is: ONI. For god's sake, more ONI.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 23, 2013, 03:08:12 AM
Which is why I said even a guest role in a single episode would be cool.
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 23, 2013, 03:08:32 AM
I was actually hoping for something that dealt more with the current timeline; revisiting the past as much as we already have has worn of much of the freshness and surprise (Forward Unto Dawn drew last breath for that on the UNSC side of things, IMO). Only other thing I think would be interesting enough in a past scenario would be an ONI espionage story (for which Veronica and Buck would have a place), but aside from that... ehhh... Not to mention, I think an ONI storyline would work a lot better in the present timeline, unveiling things nobody already knows.

What I'm basically trying to say is: ONI. For god's sake, more ONI.

YUS to both.

Nightmare Asylum

Oh God, definitely. ONI was one of the things that made ODST so great, and in the books that I read their presence was quite interesting as well. I'd certainly love to see that stuff transition over into a show.

Bringing in ONI could also mean potentially bringing in Dr. Halsey to butt heads with them, which I would certainly approve of.

Space Sweeper

I wonder if they'll tie this in to elements of the story Spartan Ops S1 told... I won't spoil anything, but Halsey is in a very... unorthodox position right now.

Nightmare Asylum

I might have a faint clue of what you're saying (I watched the episode eight cutscene, which focused heavily on her and took her to an interesting place). But I know nothing beyond that.

Someone at 343i did mention that, at the moment, there are not plans for a Spartan Ops season 2 but that that story is certainly not over. Perhaps the TV series could pick up some of those pieces?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed