Halo: The Television Series

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 21, 2013, 05:54:29 PM

Author
Halo: The Television Series (Read 23,308 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Shasvre

Shasvre

That sounds absolutely fantastic. :)

Local Trouble

I hope it's more interesting than Falling Skies.

Blacklabel

..So he's just sticking his name on it as producer (Same as he's done with transformers) :P Or he's actually directing something? :P

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 21, 2013, 06:09:57 PM
..So he's just sticking his name on it as producer (Same as he's done with transformers) :P Or he's actually directing something? :P

Well, a couple years ago he was really trying to direct a Halo movie but it never got off the ground. So I definitely see him taking the role of a hands on showrunner.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

We need more info on this. I'm excited, but that's almost solely cause "omgHalo". Would like to know if it'll be canon to the series, where in the timeline it will take place, what the basics of the story would be, e.t.c.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KNIGHT on May 21, 2013, 06:12:36 PM
We need more info on this. I'm excited, but that's almost solely cause "omgHalo". Would like to know if it'll be canon to the series, where in the timeline it will take place, what the basics of the story would be, e.t.c.

If I had to guess, I'd say its going to primarily tell the story of an entirely new group of marines during the years Human Covenant War.

Would be interesting if it was set during the post-war Halo 4 and beyond time period, though.

Aspie

Aspie

The River
Terra Nova
Smash

The man has trouble with T.V. shows, for some reason. Even his current one Falling Skies borders on mediocrity and is constantly on the bubble.

Alienseseses

I have to agree. I enjoyed The River, but by no means is it actually a good show. Spielberg hasn't had the best of luck producing ongoing shows.

SpaceMarines

HOLY SHIT THAT SOUNDS FANTASTIC.

Hopefully he brings some Band of Brothers/The Pacific stuff to the table.

Nightmare Asylum

Here's the actual announcement video. The only genuinely good part of the whole X-Box unveiling, actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW-ETPhqsL0#ws

I just hope that this series does not require an X-Box One to watch.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I doubt it.  Limiting its availability to just Xbox pretty much dooms it to mediocrity becaus of the lack of fanbase available.

The difference between all those other Spielberg shows and this one is that Halo has proven to be a winning formula.  Even its weaker releases have still been solid games.  They've merely just not been as good as others in the franchise.

Dovahkiin

I'm cautiously optimistic for this.  :)

Local Trouble

Stephen Lang should star.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 22, 2013, 05:55:53 PM
Here's the actual announcement video. The only genuinely good part of the whole X-Box unveiling, actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW-ETPhqsL0#ws

I just hope that this series does not require an X-Box One to watch.
"I'm a gamer: I played Pong in '74."

Riiiiiiiight. Big truck of money, Steve. Just say it man.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed