Halo: The Television Series

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 21, 2013, 05:54:29 PM

Author
Halo: The Television Series (Read 23,368 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They need Downes to voice Chief. Need.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'm really hoping this will look/be shot like the Halo 3 or the ODST trailers.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 09, 2018, 08:33:24 AM

Yeah, no one can be Chief except for him.

Nightmare Asylum

The 3 and ODST trailers are the best live action Halo pieces, but there's one thing they're missing... color. This needs color.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 09, 2018, 08:33:24 AM
If, for some reason, Downes is not available, I wouldn't mind them using Alex Puccinelli for this role.  I liked his voice in Forward Unto Dawn.

Immortan Jonesy

MudButt

MudButt

So glad this is actually moving forward. Probably going to be a late 2019 premiere date.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I was looking for this flipping thread yesterday!  :laugh:

This has been in the works so long it's honestly a shock that it's actually moving. lol I really can't wait to start seeing what they're doing!

The Old One

The Old One

Halo LAS & Halo Infinite.

Halo's (I.P) resurrection perhaps?

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 26, 2018, 07:56:37 AM
I was looking for this flipping thread yesterday!  :laugh:

This has been in the works so long it's honestly a shock that it's actually moving. lol I really can't wait to start seeing what they're doing!

I honestly thought it was going to be one of those shows announced that never went anywhere. It was always amazing to me how hard it was to get a Halo Movie/TV Series made. The franchise ruled the world at one point, you'd of thought we would have got a movie back then. I'm glad we're getting a Showtime series though. I would have hated if this thing was on a network. FX or AMC could have done okay with it but this needed to be on a streaming service or premium channel. Showtime needs their Game of Thrones. This could be it easily.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Old One on Oct 26, 2018, 02:56:18 PM
Halo LAS & Halo Infinite.

Halo's (I.P) resurrection perhaps?

I wouldn't say it needs resurrection. Halo has remained fairly constant through it's own expanded universe and merchandise releases. A TV show would definitely bring it more into the forefront again, though.

Quote from: MudButt on Oct 26, 2018, 03:57:54 PM
I honestly thought it was going to be one of those shows announced that never went anywhere. It was always amazing to me how hard it was to get a Halo Movie/TV Series made. The franchise ruled the world at one point, you'd of thought we would have got a movie back then. I'm glad we're getting a Showtime series though. I would have hated if this thing was on a network. FX or AMC could have done okay with it but this needed to be on a streaming service or premium channel. Showtime needs their Game of Thrones. This could be it easily.

Personally, I'm glad we never got the Garland Halo. It's been a while since I read it but I don't remember it being very good. For me, I'm disappointed we just haven't had a Blur produced animated feature! That thing would rock on so many levels.

The Old One

The Old One

I disagree, Halo's EU material is chiefly unremarkable.

Halo ruled the world, once.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Showtime's 'Halo' Series Will Feature Master Chief

QuoteAccording to casting notices obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, the pay cabler's series will feature a live-action version of John/Master Chief, who is described as a Spartan-like warrior of large build. Fans of the franchise are of course familiar with the role, as Master Chief (aka Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy John-117) is the primary protagonist of the Halo games.

The revelation is interesting in that Master Chief's face is never fully shown in the games. Instead, the character — an imposing, genetically enhanced supersoldier — is almost exclusively seen in his iconic green armor and helmet. It is unlikely the TV version of their character will keep his face hidden under a helmet at all times, particularly as he is listed as a series regular.

Other characters poised to be featured in the series are Dr. Halsey — likely the Dr. Catherine Halsey who appears in 2010's Halo: Reach and 2012's Halo 4 and 2015's Halo 5: Guardians — and Jenny, listed as an Asian woman between the ages of 18-20. There is no major character by the name of Jenny in the games, but Dr. Halsey is a prominent figure in Halo lore.

MudButt

MudButt

Of course. They gotta have the Chief. Not sure about showing his face though. It is hard to portray a character with his face covered though. Although Karl Urban did great in Dredd.

Nightmare Asylum

I am just having a really hard time getting into anything Halo post-2010 as of late. Halo is one of my favorite things ever, but the story pretty much ends with Reach for me. More and more, as I see/hear things about the current direction that the series has been going, my interest wanes. And given the characters and such featured in this, it is going to have to be soaked in all of that.

The time for a big live action Halo project has long since passed, I think. It would have had to come out somewhere between Halo 2 and Halo: Reach for it to really hit with the right kind of impact.

The Old One

The Old One

Infinite potential, Halo Infinite.

But seriously, H4's Campaign is mediocre, it does as much wrong as it does right and
everything else since Reach has been very much the same or complete crap.

& I've kept up to date with all of it.
Halo Infinite and this series is the last shot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed