Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 313,431 times)

Rotaderp

Rotaderp

Quote from: Weasel on Sep 06, 2007, 06:28:10 AM
Robot Chicken
Tim And Eric Awesome Show
Futurama

(I wonder what channel I might find these programs on?)

I hear that Futurama has started on WTV it is still on Teletoon but is on later than it used to be.
The new season will air on the comedy net work sometime 08.

Alien Freak

Alien Freak

Corner Gas,
The Simpsons,
Futurama,
Battlestar Galactica (classic and new),
Robot Chicken,
Just For Laughs,
Comedy at Club 54,
The Red Green Show,
That 70s Show,
and Doctor Who.

The Invisible Hunter

C.S.I,
law and order,
simsons,
red and green show,
futurerama,
That 70s Show,
Comedy at Club 54,
Lost,
big brother,
rock star,
x play,
cheat and
dirty jobs.

ScarPredator16

ScarPredator16

Dramas:
Nip/Tuck
The Shield
Rescue Me
Prison Break
Degrassi: The Next Generation
Thief (I wish it wasn't canceled so early!)
The Practice
Arrested Development (although it could be argued as more of a comedy)
The Office
My Name Is Earl

Sitcoms (old):
Full House
Fresh Prince Of Bel Air
Home Improvment
The Cosby Show
Roseanne
Cheers
Frasier
3rd Rock from the Sun
Still Standing
Kenan and Kel
Stella

Sitcoms (new):
The War At Home
That 70's Show
Scrubs

Cartoons (classics):
Ahh Real Monsters
Rock's Modern life
CatDog
Rugrats (old episodes)
Ed Edd n Eddy
Spider-Man: The Animated Series
Batman: The Animated Series
Angry Beavers
Dexter's Labratory
Doug
Freakazoid

Cartoons:
The Simpsons
Family Guy
Futurama

Other:
Tales From The Crypt
Tales From The Dark Side
Mystery Science Theatre 3000
Freddy's Nightmares (first episode was the best, went slightly downhill with each episode)
Robot Chicken

Quote from: Rotaderp on Sep 07, 2007, 08:46:18 PM
Quote from: Weasel on Sep 06, 2007, 06:28:10 AM
Robot Chicken
Tim And Eric Awesome Show
Futurama

(I wonder what channel I might find these programs on?)

I hear that Futurama has started on WTV it is still on Teletoon but is on later than it used to be.
The new season will air on the comedy net work sometime 08.

Last I read, Comedy Central airing a new season was just a false rumor. Although a few straight to DVD movies are being made, one of which is finished. The cover art and special features for the DVD were revealed online. I'll try to find the artical.

pmaz11

pmaz11

Scrubs
Dragonball Z
Burn Notice
Family Guy
Nip/Tuck
Rescue Me

The_Kuff

The_Kuff

SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS!SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! SCRUBS! 

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

^^^^Damn man, if I could I'd edit it down to one word.

The_Kuff

The_Kuff

Quote from: Mr. Weyland on Sep 11, 2007, 03:57:25 AM
^^^^Damn man, if I could I'd edit it down to one word.

there i edited it but the effect is not the same  :D

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I'm beggining to really love Prison Break

ScarPredator16

ScarPredator16

Quote from: Its Game Time on Sep 12, 2007, 05:06:05 AM
I'm beggining to really love Prison Break

The first season was amazing. Halfway through the second season, the writing began to get worse and worse.

SPOILERS!

I hated the fact that they abandoned the "prison break" storyline to just attempt at having the main characters deal with the "company" sub-plot. For a while it felt like a different show, which I disliked because mid-season, I was really into the "prison break" plot. Then they just put it on hold for a subplot that, in my eyes, died with Veronica.

Kellerman was the only exception. I enjoyed him as a 2 dimensional villian in season 1, and i loved him as a 3 dimensional villian/good guy, in season 2, whose confused over the boundary of what is right and wrong, resulting in an attempted suicide. Brilliant!

Wade Williams = Amazing acting talent. One thing that was awesome in season 2, was the show case of how great of an actor Wade Williams can be. It wasn't until the second half of season 2 that his material was lacking. His character (Bellick) began doing the most unrealistic stuff for the sake of drama. Over the course of season 2 Bellick: tried to hunt down the fugitives using his position of captin prison guard, got fried from being a prison guard, tried to commit suicide, tried to hunt down the fugitives as a bounty hunter, torchured T-Bag (on of the fugitives), was sentenced to prison for murder (although he was set up), got his ass kicked in prison, tried to make a small stupid attempt at breaking out, was set free with the help of Mahone on the condition that Bellick try to pick off some small time fugitives (Haywire), and saw Haywire commit suicide right in front of his eyes. And that's not all. But just getting up to that point, I kept thinking that his character should just be let go. After having all of that crap happen to him, it looked silly and unrealistic that Bellick would continue on with the plot seemingly unphased by any of the past storylines. It would have made more sense if Bellick just said "the hell with it" and actually made a life for himself instead of chasing Michael, getting his ass kicked numerous times along the way. I like me some drama, but when the writers begin sacrificing character's common sense for the sake of drama, it gets too unrealistic and silly for me to care. Wade Williams is a fine actor, but everytime I see Bellick on screen I can't help but think "Why is this guy still here?"

Michael and Sara's relationship was handled terribly. Sara Wayne Callies did a better job playing the sexy nurse going through a difficult drug withdrawl, then a damsel on the run trying to reunite several times with her on and off "sorta" boyfriend, Michael. It seemed so unrealistic that Sara just decided to forgive Michael for using her to escape the prison, resulting in Sara facing a crap load of jail time,  just because of the fact that she was threatened by the company, and Michael was the only one she could turn to, at the time.

I liked where Mahone was going, I hated where he ended up. Once we leared about his past details with Oscar Shales, I was believed to think that his character was truly a good person. He was just a good person who made one bad mistake that came back to haunt him emotionally, resulting in some grave mental problems. It wasn't until he was pushed off the edge of reason when the company physically harrased him with his secret, to force him into finding and killing all 7 fugitives. I always thought that towards the end of the season he would end up doing the right thing, as contrast to the terrible things that the company forced him to do all season, that made his life hell. Instead he ends up being the stereotypical bad guy who trys to overcome the protagonist (while also trying to beat a personal enemy within the Company) and failed miserably on both accounts. "wow Michael out witted Mahone again. That surly was a suprise". *shakes head in disapointment*

When I state my feelings on how the second season came to a close, it always ends with "And now the show begins to stretch out tired ideas that stray far far away from the original plot of the show just because the raitings are high, for now." People always come back at me with a "No! No! Michael is back in Prison (Pannama this time) so it still retians the basic elemtents of Prison Break" While I do agree that Michael being in a more violent prison enviroment will be a nice change of pace, and definitly intresting to watch, I was talking more along the lines of the company. I was always looking forward to the second season finale because I knew the Company subplot would finally get rapped up, and there would be more room for fresh ideas in season 3. How wrong I was. Instead of using one of the numerous plot points to finally end the friggin company subplot (and trust me, there were many) they drag it on into next season. Only this time the writers create even more questions about something that's been overly exagerated to the point where I don't really care what the answers to thoes questions are.

The second season finale would have been a great place to finally end the company subplot. Then just when you think the season will end of a friendly note, things resume as normal, Michael gets caught in Pannama, sentenced to prison, he finds out Pannama's prisons are much more violent then the one he broke out of in the US. Season 3 could be about Michael's desperate survival in prison, let alone breaking out.

As long as the company doesn't play as big a part in season 3, as it did the second half of season 2, I think I'll be ok. I definitly want some comparing and contrasting between Michael's stay in prison in Pannama, and the one he broke out of in the US. And did I mention, less company?

The_Kuff

The_Kuff

Wow ^^^^^^ what a mouthful!

Anyway, I agree Prison Break got really boring after season 1.

Anyone else a fan of SCRUBS?????? The seventh and final season is coming soon!

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I'm in the middle of season 2 of Prison break and its not that boring. I think its getting pretty good. I'm trying to catch up for the next season.

Tremors000

Tremors000

The Office (US), Big Brother, Family Guy, MADtv, Talkshow with Spike Feresten, The other ones aren't coming to my mind.

The Demon

The Demon

1. Tales From The Crypt
2. Tales From The Darkside
3. Beavis and Butthead
4. South Park
5. Some UFO, supernatural stuff.

The_Kuff

The_Kuff

Quote from: The Wolf on Sep 16, 2007, 04:01:54 PM
1. Tales From The Crypt
2. Tales From The Darkside
3. Beavis and Butthead
4. South Park
5. Some UFO, supernatural stuff.

Ever watch the outer limits, new or old? Its very twilight zone-esque........only less mysterious and more scifi

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed