Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 312,110 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Snowdog on Aug 26, 2011, 02:13:19 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 26, 2011, 02:04:36 PM
The worst thing about Season 4 for me was Debra. So. f**king. ANNOYING. Always crying, always whining...yeesh, I wanted to slap her halfway through the season.

No, her acting was freaking great. And with all the things that happened i can totally understand her. Such a great actress she should get an oscar.

Wait, wait... are we talking season 4 here, or 2? Because the only thing I can remember happening to her in season 4 was...
Spoiler
The murder of her ex-boyfriend, who she'd just seen for the first time in the year and a bit since he dumped her.
[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

yup, season 4. I'm not saying her pain wasn't justified because it was. But she spent all 3 prior seasons bitching and whining and season 4 was almost the kicker. I admired her in season 4 because she went through a lot. But it became even more annoying in season 5.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Vertigo on Aug 25, 2011, 08:23:13 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Aug 25, 2011, 05:22:04 PM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Aug 25, 2011, 04:39:38 PM
I recently watched all 5 seasons of The Wire. I have now felt the touch of the television gods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EeFa8QOq_Y#

You're probably going to go into withdrawal now. And you'll probably have ruined all other TV for yourself. That's what happened to me at least.

However there is a cure, two cures in fact. Generation Kill and Treme. Both have that delicious David Simon touch. And more from Bunk and Lester, well their actors at least.  :D

Generation Kill was a decent watch, but I couldn't for the life of me see any kind of draw in Treme. Felt that I'd wasted two hours of my life.

Treme's pretty slow, and has no real conflict generator. That's half the fun, as the show is carried by it's incredible character interaction and the creation of the world they live in. You'd need to watch more than two hours though to get a good view of it.

Master Chief

Master Chief

The most recent shows that I've been watching are Falling Skies, Teen Wolf (Father/Daughter time  :P) and Wilfred.

I've been a fan of Seinfeld since I was a kid.  Scrubs, Futurama, Parks and Recreation are also favorites of mine.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 26, 2011, 03:15:08 PM
yup, season 4. I'm not saying her pain wasn't justified because it was. But she spent all 3 prior seasons bitching and whining and season 4 was almost the kicker. I admired her in season 4 because she went through a lot. But it became even more annoying in season 5.
Really? I found Season 5 is when she really actually started kicking more ass than usual.

I would never say she's annoying, considering how much brutal shit she goes though. Aside from Rita, Deb is the heart of the show, and I suppose with a character who is now forced to convince himself that he has no emotion, one may find the contrast between Dexter and Deb... annoying?

Quote from: Snowdog on Aug 26, 2011, 02:13:19 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 26, 2011, 02:04:36 PM
The worst thing about Season 4 for me was Debra. So. f**king. ANNOYING. Always crying, always whining...yeesh, I wanted to slap her halfway through the season.

No, her acting was freaking great. And with all the things that happened i can totally understand her. Such a great actress she should get an oscar.
Totally agreed; she's probably my favorite actress.

That Yellow Alien

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: Master Chief on Aug 26, 2011, 03:44:46 PM
The most recent shows that I've been watching are Falling Skies, Teen Wolf (Father/Daughter time  :P) and Wilfred.

I've been a fan of Seinfeld since I was a kid.  Scrubs, Futurama, Parks and Recreation are also favorites of mine.
Oh yeah, falling skies is a pretty cool show, I've heard of teen wolf (one of my friends is a big fan) but I've never seen it, I might consider watching it now.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Aug 26, 2011, 09:16:11 PM
Ahem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDYRXX5ZvGQ#ws

Great scene. I'm not questioning her acting abilities. I just wish she'd stop crying for five minutes at least.

You know, some fans say Deb's mouth is funny...at times it is, but I find the profanity in the show is overused. Like when when Dexter wrestles with Trinity in the kitchen and says "I should've f**king killed you when I had the chance!". I'm like, really? Was "f**king" really necessary? I find too much of it takes away from the script.

Blacklabel

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 26, 2011, 10:12:54 PM
Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Aug 26, 2011, 09:16:11 PM
Ahem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDYRXX5ZvGQ#ws

Great scene. I'm not questioning her acting abilities. I just wish she'd stop crying for five minutes at least.

You know, some fans say Deb's mouth is funny...at times it is, but I find the profanity in the show is overused. Like when when Dexter wrestles with Trinity in the kitchen and says "I should've f**king killed you when I had the chance!". I'm like, really? Was "f**king" really necessary? I find too much of it takes away from the script.
Deb's overuse of the word is constantly noted. Dexter's use of it grows as the show goes on, as he starts to give in to the fact that he does have natural human emotions; here being anger and frustration. I find his use of the word only enhances the moment.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Metalocalypse
Archer
South Park
Farscape
Stargate SG1
Adventure Time
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Firefly
Angel

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: Deathbearer on Aug 27, 2011, 06:14:51 PM
Archer
Wow I didn't realize other people watched archer. It's one of my favorite shows.

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: Deathbearer on Aug 27, 2011, 06:14:51 PM
Metalocalypse
Archer
South Park
Farscape
Stargate SG1
Adventure Time
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Firefly
Angel

Really? Aren't you forgetting about one other thing...?

delsaber8

delsaber8

suppose I'll post a newly renewed list.

Dating guy
futurama
american dad
tosh.o
todd and the book of pure evil
workaholics
corner gas
Archer
Undergrads
Robot chicken
Big bang theory
king of the hill
Walking dead

Vertigo

Vertigo

Finally gotten around to seeing Stargate Universe recently. Any other fans here? I'd be interested to hear opinions.
Personally, I thought the first season was better than the second, but it has a remarkably high standard of quality. Just a couple of poor episodes, out of 40. A real shame that it was cancelled...

I'm also really loving The Borgias lately.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed