Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 315,920 times)

Daken

Daken

I'm with you on that a little. I do like the whole series don't get me wrong but after they destroyed the Pegasus it just brought it back to the same status quo like before an it was down hill from there.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 06, 2011, 05:24:01 PM
Battlestar Galactica is the most captivating show I've ever seen.  I'm in love.

Spoiler
RIP Battlestar Pegasus, all hail the return of non-fat Apollo, and when is Saul going to get a proper patch and get that goddamn bandage off his face?  He would look badACE with a patch :D  That's where I'm at, and the show just keeps being awesome.  That's partially why I'm so excited for Colonial Marines, and have invested much faith in the plot.
[close]
I think I'm going to have to re-evaluate you for the BSG love after our brief fling on the CM boards...

Quote from: Pn2501 on Jun 07, 2011, 02:05:55 AM
Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 06, 2011, 05:24:01 PM
Battlestar Galactica is the most captivating show I've ever seen.  I'm in love.

Spoiler
RIP Battlestar Pegasus, all hail the return of non-fat Apollo, and when is Saul going to get a proper patch and get that goddamn bandage off his face?  He would look badACE with a patch :D  That's where I'm at, and the show just keeps being awesome.  That's partially why I'm so excited for Colonial Marines, and have invested much faith in the plot.
[close]
Spoiler
I love fat Lee and the Pegasus, I thought the Pegasus's story ark was the best thing in the show it's departure was kind of when I stopped really loving the show.
[close]

Hail gnaw, mang.

Spoiler
Gaeta's mutiny and New Caprica!
[close]

Daken

Daken

I just finally finished the last episode of Battlestar Galactica. I think the ending wrapped it all up nicely. It made sense with the line its happend before an will happen again at the end.
I waited long enough for the price of Dexter Season 4 to come down an I bought it for $16.99. Starting the first episode tonight.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

"You know... I know about farming..."

Still my favorite line ever. Made me cry like a baby.

Daken

Daken

^^  :laugh:
I finshed Battlestar Galactica The Plan. It basicly just fills in the gaps of the whole series.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Daken on Jun 08, 2011, 06:31:45 AM
I waited long enough for the price of Dexter Season 4 to come down an I bought it for $16.99. Starting the first episode tonight.
Quote from: Daken on Jun 10, 2011, 06:04:35 AM
^^  :laugh:
I finshed Battlestar Galactica The Plan. It basicly just fills in the gaps of the whole series.

Daken

Daken

:laugh:

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 07, 2011, 06:13:37 AM
I think I'm going to have to re-evaluate you for the BSG love after our brief fling on the CM boards...

My skin is thick, and my memory long.  That sounds bad, but I will forever remember you in my sig.  Post with one eye open.  Wait, damn I almost clicked a spoiler again.  This place is a goddamned mine field.  I have had, no shit, 3 literal cry moments with BSG so far.  I have to take breaks and prepare myself to enjoy the sweet sweetness alone as my wife can't get into it and gives me funny, but lovingly endearing, looks.

My 1 year old dances to the intro.  Make that 4 literal cry moments. 

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 10, 2011, 06:33:37 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 07, 2011, 06:13:37 AM

My skin is thick, and my memory long.  That sounds bad, but I will forever remember you in my sig.  Post with one eye open.  Wait, damn I almost clicked a spoiler again.  This place is a goddamned mine field.  I have had, no shit, 3 literal cry moments with BSG so far.  I have to take breaks and prepare myself to enjoy the sweet sweetness alone as my wife can't get into it and gives me funny, but lovingly endearing, looks.

My 1 year old dances to the intro.  Make that 4 literal cry moments.
This post. Is full of win.

Especially the last part. That'd be a scary sight once the tycho drums start. D:

For me, aside from the finale, the biggest cry moment was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Ho0SJnoAI#

Oh god. I've seldom seen sadder things anywhere else. The scene is commonly described as "bitter-sweet", but I just can't taste the sweetness. I can't.

Daken

Daken

Spoiler
I did feel bad for Bill Adama in the last episode. He finally found a planet to settle with the war finally behind him only for Roslin to die of cancer.
[close]

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

First this:
Spoiler
I just watched the next episode after that, Saul and Starbuck being compellingly chummy and causing unrest in the pilots lounge, and in the end dude, I thought Saul might f**king kill himself.  He's just staring at the picture and I got lost in it.  I was near meltdown, but at the same time, near bliss.  It was amazing, no other show or movie has ever pulled that kinda move on me.
[close]

And then this - the show is so good, it brings bitter enemies to worship side-by-side at the altar of awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7D3nHShoME#

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Since Game of thrones only comes once a week, I had to find myself another series to look at occasionally, so I started with Spielberg's presented "Taken" yesterday and I must say so far I really enjoy it.

Aeus

Aeus

Game of Thrones is some good shit.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 10, 2011, 06:37:16 PMGame of Thrones is some good shit.

You've seen the latest episode with Khal Conan's badass moment? :laugh:

Aeus

Aeus

Yup.

He doesn't take any shit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed