Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 302,159 times)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

I can't decide on which one to like more the UK version is faster but has better effects but the US version is slower which I like but the werewolf effects really really REALLY pissed me off...

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Snowdog on Apr 06, 2011, 05:20:39 PM
Watching "Being Human" the US version. it's pretty good for a syfy show. I also watched the UK version but i like them equally. The US version has more "correct" vampire/werewolf lore.

Love that show, man. I can't believe the season is already over. Agghhh!!

What pissed you off about the effects, PQ?

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Spartan113 on Apr 07, 2011, 06:00:27 PM
Watching "Being Human" the US version. it's pretty good for a syfy show. I also watched the UK version but i like them equally. The US version has more "correct" vampire/werewolf lore.

It isn't over there is 1 more episode left.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Snowdog on Apr 07, 2011, 08:48:58 PM

It isn't over there is 1 more episode left.

Sorry I didn't mean it's literally over, I just meant, ya, its over. 1 more episode on Monday. Hopefully it's really good.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I think any UK version of an American show is better. UK versions tend to just be better in terms of characters, writing, etc...

american shows spread themselves too thin over too many episodes i think.

as for effects, the UK version used almost entirely practical effects, and the US show uses more CGI, that could be the difference.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: AvatarIII on Apr 08, 2011, 09:59:45 AM

as for effects, the UK version used almost entirely practical effects, and the US show uses more CGI, that could be the difference.

First thing i was afraid of when i started watching the US version that they would use CGI instead of practical effects. Really didn't want to see a badly animated werewolf. But i was really relieved when we see josh turn for the first time in the house. It looks pretty good for a computer generated werewolf. But my preference will always be a prosthetic werewolf. But i like both designs.

Keg

Keg

Again I just dont understand this. Whats with remaking UK shows for US audiences? It very rarely happens the other way around. Do TV execs in the US think their viewers are so stupid they just wont get the UK versions because of cultural differences or that they wont warm to it unless its tailored to american viewers? Its utter horseshit. I hear theres an American version of Shameless now as well? If they love the originals why not just broadcast them. Or at least in the case of Shameless, it could be a spin off, with new characters, set across the pond, instead of giving the characters the same names and making it a remake?

Pffft.

Quote from: Keg on Apr 08, 2011, 12:09:48 PM
Again I just dont understand this. Whats with remaking UK shows for US audiences? It very rarely happens the other way around. Do TV execs in the US think their viewers are so stupid they just wont get the UK versions because of cultural differences or that they wont warm to it unless its tailored to american viewers? Its utter horseshit. I hear theres an American version of Shameless now as well? If they love the originals why not just broadcast them. Or at least in the case of Shameless, it could be a spin off, with new characters, set across the pond, instead of giving the characters the same names and making it a remake?

Pffft.

i actually think it's more to do with the fact UK seasons are too short, the ad revenue earned by buying and airing 6 episodes of Being Human or The Office, would be less than just buying the rights, remaking it, and having 20 episodes worth of ad revenue. also BBC TV episodes are funny lengths because of having no advertising, which would probably screw scheduling. i think all these factors and the ones you alluded to, all go towards the reasons why the US remakes stuff.

they haven't remade Dr Who for example, but Dr Who is 13 episodes a year, which is a reasonable number, and are 45 min episodes, which allows room for advertising to push it up to 1h,

galaxys ultimate hunter

galaxys ultimate hunter

For me it would be hard to say, at first I would say LOST. But I like many others too. Then I relized my favorite was staring me in the face, my favorite TV show is Becker.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: AvatarIII on Apr 08, 2011, 09:59:45 AM

he got it

Daken

Daken

I've watched Season 1 of Battlestar Galactica twice while waiting for season 2 to show up in the mail. I love the dark story of this series.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That is one of the greatest shows I've seen. I'm currently in the process of rewatching Season 1.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Daken on Apr 09, 2011, 04:40:30 AM
I've watched Season 1 of Battlestar Galactica twice while waiting for season 2 to show up in the mail. I love the dark story of this series.
I'm proud. Best show there ever was, especially for committed viewers.

Pn2501

Pn2501

BSG +1.

First two seasons are awesome, then it declines a little, still an awesome series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed