Favourite TV Series

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Nov 22, 2006, 03:35:44 PM

Author
Favourite TV Series (Read 199,001 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

#2235
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 27, 2021, 10:43:35 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 27, 2021, 10:15:54 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 27, 2021, 10:05:50 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 27, 2021, 09:43:34 PM
Welp, as of today I can go right on up ahead and say that The Sopranos has entered my list of favorite shows.

Yes, even the finale, which I thought was phenomenal.

You seem to like polarizing endings, ala Battlestar Galactica / LOST. 🤔 I'm not saying it's bad thing, btw. Actually, I like them too.  :laugh:



Aye! and I still have a hard time interpreting that ending, but it is genuinely creepy and somewhat sad... :-X

Spoiler
Despite Cooper's efforts to change the past and save Laura, the horrors are still there haunting her when she's Carrie. She cannot be happy, regardless of the alternate universe in which she is living.  :-[

[close]

I think you are very much on the money there.

Spoiler
Laura was created as this force of goodness, as seen in Part 8 - and I know some people interpret her scream and the house (of evil) going dark as her vanquishing that evil - but to me, I see the horrific opposite. I see Judy and her presence in the house... that terrible, terrifying f**king house... winning in that moment. Trapping Cooper and Laura (or Richard and Carrie, if you will) in this new pocket reality where Laura was supposed to finally triumph over that evil that had haunted her for so long but was ultimately still unable to do so.
[close]

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

#2236
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 27, 2021, 10:48:27 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 27, 2021, 10:43:35 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 27, 2021, 10:15:54 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 27, 2021, 10:05:50 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 27, 2021, 09:43:34 PM
Welp, as of today I can go right on up ahead and say that The Sopranos has entered my list of favorite shows.

Yes, even the finale, which I thought was phenomenal.

You seem to like polarizing endings, ala Battlestar Galactica / LOST. 🤔 I'm not saying it's bad thing, btw. Actually, I like them too.  :laugh:



Aye! and I still have a hard time interpreting that ending, but it is genuinely creepy and somewhat sad... :-X

Spoiler
Despite Cooper's efforts to change the past and save Laura, the horrors are still there haunting her when she's Carrie. She cannot be happy, regardless of the alternate universe in which she is living.  :-[

[close]

I think you are very much on the money there.

Spoiler
Laura was created as this force of goodness, as seen in Part 8 - and I know some people interpret her scream and the house (of evil) going dark as her vanquishing that evil - but to me, I see the horrific opposite. I see Judy and her presence in the house... that terrible, terrifying f**king house... winning in that moment. Trapping Cooper and Laura (or Richard and Carrie, if you will) in this new pocket reality where Laura was supposed to finally triumph over that evil that had haunted her for so long but was ultimately still unable to do so.
[close]

Exactly, especially about
Spoiler
the house. This cursed place is like a tulpa, something like a sentient negative thought endowed with a will of its own, either that or even Judy herself!

Actually IIRC, this place tricked Sarah Palmer's mind with nightmarish visions. Also, maybe Judy was that moth-like frog who possessed her as a child. Now she's in that house lurking to possess Carrie too.
[close]

kwisatz

kwisatz

#2237
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 27, 2021, 09:43:34 PM
Welp, as of today I can go right on up ahead and say that The Sopranos has entered my list of favorite shows.

Yes, even the finale, which I thought was phenomenal.

It's easily up there with the very best (The Wire, Deadwood etc). Last Episode is probably my single favourite TV piece of all time tho (unanimated that is).

Oh and?

Spoiler
He sleeps with the fishes, right?  ;D
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

#2238
Currently re-watching the x files, damn this is good. Beginning of season 6 right now, one of my two favorite seasons.

Prez

Prez

#2239
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 11, 2021, 09:47:52 AM
Currently re-watching the x files, damn this is good. Beginning of season 6 right now, one of my two favorite seasons.

You sir have brilliant taste. THE BEST!!!

kwisatz

kwisatz

#2240
Still love the X-Files.

Always impressed how cinematic it manages to look. Various bits still give me the creeps.

Spoiler
[close]


Prez

Prez

#2241
Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 12, 2021, 12:11:56 AM
Still love the X-Files.

Always impressed how cinematic it manages to look. Various bits still give me the creeps.

Spoiler
[close]

This.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

#2242
Yep, "Home", one of the best episodes of this f**king show, S4E2.

I'm interested, what's your favorite season you guys ?

kwisatz

kwisatz

#2243
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 12, 2021, 02:32:55 PM
Yep, "Home", one of the best episodes of this f**king show, S4E2.

I'm interested, what's your favorite season you guys ?

Bru it's been years. -___

Spoiler
I vaguely remember a drop in quality after the Syndicate got torched by those Rebel Aliens around Mid Season 6 (?).
[close]

And since the show takes some time to reach quality peak it's either 4 or 5 for me I think. That's definitely where the mythology episodes are best imo.

Aaaaaand since 'Home' is in 4, I say 4 it is.    ;D

Prez

Prez

#2244
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 12, 2021, 02:32:55 PM
Yep, "Home", one of the best episodes of this f**king show, S4E2.

I'm interested, what's your favorite season you guys ?

I think the first 2 seasons were exceptional as episodic events. That said the story arc really kicked in (for me) from season 3 onwards.

I can't put a definitive `fav season' on it to be honest.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

#2245
Ok ! It was very hard to chose one, and it was almost a tie with 4 and 5 also. I also noticed the "lighter" tone of some episodes really became more frequent from season 3 onward.

Rankles75

Rankles75

#2246
Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 12, 2021, 11:14:54 PM

Bru it's been years. -___

Spoiler
I vaguely remember a drop in quality after the Syndicate got torched by those Rebel Aliens around Mid Season 6 (?).
[close]

That two parter was awesome, and is basically my stopping off point for the series. They lost their way with the mythology after that, and
Spoiler
killed off Krycek in a stupid way
[close]
.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

#2247
Currently re-watching Lost right now. Despite all the flaws, damn this feels good.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

#2248
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 21, 2021, 11:48:03 AM
Currently re-watching Lost right now. Despite all the flaws, damn this feels good.

On the fence about watching this one again, I'm worried it won't have the same effect after knowing all of the reveals.  Epic show though!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

#2249
Quote from: AliceApocalypse on May 24, 2021, 11:49:20 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 21, 2021, 11:48:03 AM
Currently re-watching Lost right now. Despite all the flaws, damn this feels good.

On the fence about watching this one again, I'm worried it won't have the same effect after knowing all of the reveals.  Epic show though!

I still recommend you do, emotional rollercoaster brought on high levels of intensity by top notch acting and incredible music. Trust me, that never gets old.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed