James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy

Started by Darkoo, Jul 18, 2007, 04:12:35 PM

Author
James Cameron's Avatar Blockbuster-o-logy (Read 705,491 times)

Darkoo

Darkoo

Plot: In the future, Jake, a paraplegic war veteran, is brought to another planet, Pandora, which is inhabited by the Na'vi, a humanoid race with their own language and culture. Those from Earth find themselves at odds with each other and the local culture.

"Possibly the most beautiful script Ive ever read. So far Cameron has stuck to earth (well, he did travel off-planet in ALIENS) and we now get to see his vision of an exotic alien world. Where giant panther-like animals lope around the jungle. And a peaceful race of people are being harassed by the humans who have installed an army base there and plan to encroach on their land.

Cameron describes three epic battles here. If he can truly present this world, as described, and do exactly as he writes, I think it would be the pinnacle of the action genre.

Cameron takes the time to develop a tender romance between a female alien and a human-alien hybrid. What happens and how it does (the people are fearful of him at first and later trust him as he proves himself) has been done innumerous times before, but its always Camerons striking landscape -- his dazzling visuals -- that make everything seem new.

Camerons prose is languid and unrushed, and contains lengthy details of the planets extraordinary beauty.

The one scene that sticks with me is when the Avatar and the alien woman run through the forest, bioluminescent lights shining as their feet press lightly down on the ground. Soon everything is shining and glowing around them. Coming alive with light.

I think, if Cameron could possibly film it, it would elevate the whole enterprise to art."
http://www.screenwritersutopia.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2667

Darkoo

Darkoo

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I never knew what Avatar was about until now, and all I have to say is that James Cameron is a genius if he pulls this off the way he wants to.

Cellien

Cellien

Good read.. nice find.  I heard a while back that Michael Biehn was supposed to be in the movie.  You guys heard anything about that?

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Sounds promising, though the title may bring up some confusion issues with Shyamalan's Avatar.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

While naming properties/fighting for rights, I think that a person's stature/respect in the "community" should be considered.

Cameron > Shyamalan.

Way greater.

Cellien

Cellien

And Avatar The Last Airbender.. which I didn't even know existed till I saw that Wii game...

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

While naming properties/fighting for rights, I think that a person's stature/respect in the "community" should be considered..

Ahahaha!  That's a good one!

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Only in a perfect world.

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

Docta Jekyll

Docta Jekyll

*clears throat*

that movie is being written and directed by James Cameron, in my book, that makes it HIS movie, and his involvement matters a lot more to me then Weaver's

Darkoo

Darkoo

Stephen Lang and Michelle Rodriguez join cast
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117969650.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

ElderPredator

ElderPredator

Can someone lock this? There already is a topic about this.sorry.

Cellien

Cellien

So guess this confirms no Hicks.. I mean Michael Beign :\

Anomaly

Anomaly

Much love for my favorite directors' comeback.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed