Upcoming Movies You Want To See

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Jan 20, 2008, 06:08:33 PM

Author
Upcoming Movies You Want To See (Read 391,015 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Oct 10, 2021, 05:21:14 AM
Venom: There Will Be Carnage

This one. When does it go on streaming services so I can [redacted] it?

BlueMarsalis79

Not for a minute.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Oct 10, 2021, 05:21:14 AM
Venom: There Will Be Carnage
No Time To Die
Dune
Same here

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Had a ton of fun with Let There Be Carnage. Best rom-com since Venom.

It is definitely less of a mess than the first film, though the 90-minute runtime certainly leaves the movies feeling like its whole mentality is just GO GO GO GO GO RACE TO THE FINISH LINE. I'm fine with that, though. It is, after all, a friggin' Venom movie, I'm not looking for a two hour meditation here. :D Honestly, I could watch this sweaty, manic Tom Hardy Eddie Brock/Venom performance no matter what the movie around him his like. In both films he plays the character almost like he just wandered off of the Evil Dead 2 set or something and it is wonderful. The first time around, the movie was at odds with that performance; this time, the film leans more into his unhinged performance, evoking it in its own hectic structure and pacing, and puts the Eddie/Venom relationship (making it a bit more directly romantic this time around) front and center. That Hardy actually has a story credit on this one shows in that regard.

Like the first one, I do think it would have benefitted from an R-rating, though. Got a couple head-chomping, tentacles goop monsters thrashing about, and Carnage gets some kills that could/should have been pretty grisly that were a bit neutered by quick cuts away from the action, so a bit of blood would have been nice. Who knows, maybe there will be an unrated home release cut or something. With the runtime so short, they can afford to slap a few extra seconds of more explicit violence in here and there.

Biomechanoid

The Black Phone, Ethan Hawke

BigDaddyJohn

The Batman.

Now I have to.

Thanks to the f**king trailer.

Kradan

Kradan

Must ... resist ... watching trailer

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Nightmare Alley. I have to know why Bradley Cooper recreates this meme in the trailer:

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Kradan on Oct 17, 2021, 06:51:54 AM

IMO this trailer is acceptable regarding spoilers, so you can watch it. I'm sure the next one will spoil a lot more though.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Between film and television, franchise-based sci-fi is in a shockingly interesting/exciting place with a lot of stuff I can't wait to see on the horizon.

The Matrix: Resurrections (2021)
Raised By Wolves Season 2 (2022)
Dune: Part Two (2023)
Furiosa (2024)
Noah Hawley's Alien Series (TBA)
Dune: The Sisterhood (TBA)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 17, 2021, 12:39:28 PM

IMO this trailer is acceptable regarding spoilers, so you can watch it. I'm sure the next one will spoil a lot more though.

I saw the trailer on Sunday, and I loved it. 8)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Rocky vs Drago 8)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 27, 2021, 02:53:35 AMRocky vs Drago 8)

My favourite cinema, the Prince Charles in London, is showing that next month and I'm sorely tempted.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Oct 26, 2021, 08:45:11 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 17, 2021, 12:39:28 PM

I saw the trailer on Sunday, and I loved it. 8)

God that music... That music !

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 27, 2021, 02:53:35 AM
Rocky vs Drago 8)

I wonder if we're going to lose the 80's montages in this version.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed