Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series

Started by Ingwar, Oct 08, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'Raised by Wolves', Sci-Fi drama series (Read 132,690 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Yeah, I live in UK and the only way to watch HBO Max content is by via Sky or NOW TV. It's f**king criminal that HBO Max is not available in UK. Ridiculous.

Also, first season had 58 reviews on RT but season 2 only 18. Massive drop. It's such a shame that some great tv shows like Wolves got cancelled and some garbage like The Witcher keeps going.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 03, 2022, 05:53:46 PMHBO Max's kinda a disappointment though, it lost tons of money as covered by Mr Sunday Movies early this year, no doubt in part due to being exclusive to the United States.

Yeah, heard it wasn't doing too well. RBW was syndicated to a lot of other international television networks worldwide though, such as Sky in UK.

Nightmare Asylum

Which is all really unfortunate, since of the major streaming platforms (outside of the more niche ones like, say, Criterion) I'd actually argue that HBO Max boasts the best streaming selection of all of them, both in terms of a backlog library and original material as well.

Of course, on the original material side of things, Wolves was a major factor in that argument.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 03, 2022, 06:04:46 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 03, 2022, 05:53:46 PMHBO Max's kinda a disappointment though, it lost tons of money as covered by Mr Sunday Movies early this year, no doubt in part due to being exclusive to the United States.

Yeah, heard it wasn't doing too well. RBW was syndicated to a lot of other international television networks worldwide though, such as Sky in UK.

Sky was on the way out for most when Game of Thrones ended over here though, syndicated Television's not what it used to be.

Nightmare Asylum

QuoteAm I really gonna be left in the virtual monastery forever??? Xx mom

Kradan

The shit like this is why I'm scared to get invested into any modern series

Does anybody remember this ?

Stitch

Is unfortunate but not surprising, sadly. It's clearly an expensive shoes to make, and judging by the CGI in season 2, had likely already had it's budget cut.
Considering it's got to have a niche audience, with the WBD merger it was always likely to be on the chopping block. If we're lucky, maybe another network will pick it up, but I'd be surprised.

TilotnyWorshiper28

I'm still surprised when there listing studios they want to save this the actors never list Disney + or Hulu/FX even know with Ridley's Connections to the Mouse Through the mouse Owning a bunch of ips Ridley's made.  You would think they'd be able to shop it to them .

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Jun 04, 2022, 07:11:08 PMI'm still surprised when there listing studios they want to save this the actors never list Disney + or Hulu/FX even know with Ridley's Connections to the Mouse Through the mouse Owning a bunch of ips Ridley's made.  You would think they'd be able to shop it to them .

Ridley's relationship with Disney seem to be... not the greatest, right about now. The Last Duel bombed, and while he is on board producing some stuff over at Disney (Hawley and Alvarez's Alien projects and the Kenneth Branagh Poirot movies), he doesn't really have any of his own projects really in development over there at the moment. If he had more pull there, I'd kind of have to imagine we would have gotten a Covenant sequel by now.

On the off chance something does come of this campaign and we actually get more Raised By Wolves, Amazon actually strikes me as the most likely candidate. They did this once before with The Expanse, and Ridley is currently developing Blade Runner 2099 over there, despite Blade Runner's long history with Warner Bros.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 04, 2022, 08:55:16 PMRidley's relationship with Disney seem to be... not the greatest, right about now. The Last Duel bombed, and while he is on board producing some stuff over at Disney (Hawley and Alvarez's Alien projects and the Kenneth Branagh Poirot movies), he doesn't really have any of his own projects really in development over there at the moment. If he had more pull there, I'd kind of have to imagine we would have gotten a Covenant sequel by now.

Interestingly, Napoleon was originaly at 20th/Disney before it moved to Apple TV+ for whatever reason.

Those RBW cast members where tweeting some very specific alternative hosts (with the omission of Disney) for the series, so maybe that was suggested by Scott Free?

Still Collating...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :'(  I loved this show...

Local Trouble

I haven't even seen season 2.  I had ice cream instead.  Is this all my fault?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed