Halo: The Television Series

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 21, 2013, 05:54:29 PM

Author
Halo: The Television Series (Read 22,540 times)

ace3g

ace3g

trailer

SiL

SiL

OK so apparently they just teased with the worst looking shots of the trailer, because the rest of that didn't feel half as cosplay-y.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Now that's a tease.

High Charity looks great!

Nightmare Asylum

I'm still not really feeling it, myself.  :-\

Bummer, but ah well. I'm not starving for good Halo stuff these days, since Infinite turned out so great.

ace3g

ace3g

teaser of new trailer

Kradan

Kradan

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd have thought that wasn't too surprising at this point. It's become so common over the last 5/6 years.

Looking forward to the new full trailer!

ace3g

ace3g

Full trailer

Nightmare Asylum

Oof. :-\

SuperiorIronman

Yeah I got chewed out for calling the visuals bad. I'm wondering if that was there work and got really defensive about it. But no the CGI monsters and especially Cortana don't look right. Cortana is especially odd for me since you really could've used the game version. Since we've been looking at Cortana for 2 decades and being voiced by Jen Taylor, it'd have made sense. It's a lot less of a stretch given Cortana's game design is inherently digital. Why they felt the need to model Halsey's actor and have her voiced by Jen Taylor I have no idea. They really couldn't have filmed Halsey's actor under a filter otherwise? It wouldn't have looked good but it'd have been less gross than what they actually went with.

Yeah I know Cortana is supposed to look like Halsey but Cortana doesn't look anything like Halsey in the games anyways so I see no reason why that of all things they felt the need to stick to.

The aliens look like they're a decade out of date. And what I mean is that they look like they belong in Forward unto dawn. Y'know that tie-in to Halo 4. It worked there because it's just a short film that wasn't meant to do anything other than promote the game. It's just here to remind you Halo 4 is out. But this is a series with 10 episodes. This is a series that has been in development Hell for years. This is a series that is a videogame project, videogame media projects historically have not worked for a number of reasons but one of which being presentation. NOBODY SPRUNG FOR A COSTUME? Screw the other spartans and spend the money on making an Elite, or a Brute, or a puppet of either. Everybody else has figured out how to make an alien real, this is not the CW where you have a ham sandwich and dreams to finish the FX. Chief is clearly backhanding nothing in the fight with the two Elites. Look I'm not Voodoo, I don't have a clever name for these Elites but I'm just gonna go with "Mistake". Even the blur cutscenes look better.

People can say what they want but I've got a feeling this is only gonna run 1 season. On a whim I went to look up the budget and according to google this is roughly the same budget of Predators and AVP-R. We're f**ked.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 30, 2022, 07:23:57 PM
I'd have thought that wasn't too surprising at this point. It's become so common over the last 5/6 years.

Looking forward to the new full trailer!

It's not surprising - it just sounds absurd to me. Maybe in next 5 years we'll be getting a teaser for every frame of the full trailer. I mean, why not ?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Bloody awful

Immortan Jonesy

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed