Halo: The Television Series

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 21, 2013, 05:54:29 PM

Author
Halo: The Television Series (Read 23,309 times)

MudButt

MudButt

I'm a pretty big fan of his actually. He's great in American Gods and had a great role in last year's Den of Thieves. He's a big dude and knows his way around some action.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 17, 2019, 07:27:35 PM
Well, they could easily dub him since the Chief never takes his helmet off, doesn't he?

He does. You just never see his adult face in the games.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

But that would be like Judge Dredd taking his helmet off. Totally unacceptable!

The Old One

The Old One

Weird casting, guy's hardly 7-8ft tall.

Forced perspective?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 20, 2019, 11:34:56 PM

Forced perspective?

Digital chief or a stand in when the helmets on.

The Old One

The Old One

#Helmetstayson,always

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

Pablo is 6'5 and with camera tricks they can make it work

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Apr 21, 2019, 10:36:18 AM
Pablo is 6'5 and with camera tricks they can make it work

He didn't look tiny in den of thieves.

I think he'll do great.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 20, 2019, 11:37:47 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Apr 20, 2019, 11:34:56 PM

Forced perspective?

Digital chief or a stand in when the helmets on.

They can just give him a box to stand on. Like they do with runts like Tom Cruise etc.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

QuoteShowtime's long-anticipated Halo TV series just announced five new cast members — including two who are playing characters familiar to players of the Xbox franchise.

First up among the new castmembers is Natascha McElhone (Californication) who will play two characters in the show: "Dr. Catherine Halsey, the brilliant, conflicted and inscrutable creator of the Spartan supersoldiers and Cortana, the most advanced AI in human history, and potentially the key to the survival of the human race."

Next is Bokeem Woodbine, who was an Emmy nominated scene-stealer in Fargo season 2, who will play "Soren-066, a morally complex privateer at the fringes of human civilization whose fate will bring him into conflict with his former military masters and his old friend, the Master Chief."

Plus the show is introducing three characters that are new to the Halo universe: Shabana Azmi (Fire) will play Admiral Margaret Parangosky, the head of the Office of Naval Intelligence, Bentley Kalu (Avengers: Age of Ultron), "Spartan Vannak-134, a cybernetically augmented supersoldier conscripted at childhood who serves as the defacto deputy to the Master Chief," Natasha Culzac (The Witcher) as "Spartan Riz-028 – a focused, professional and deadly, cybernetically enhanced killing machine," and Kate Kennedy (Catastrophe) as "Spartan Kai-125, an all-new courageous, curious and deadly Spartan supersoldier."

They join Pablo Schreiber (American Gods), who was previously announced as starring as the Master Chief Spartan John-117.

According to Showtime, Halo "will take place in the universe that first came to be in 2001, dramatizing an epic 26th-century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant. Halo will weave deeply drawn personal stories with action, adventure and a richly imagined vision of the future."

The Halo series was in development for five years before being greenlit a year ago. Showtime has dubbed it the cable network's "most ambitious series ever."

The show will air in the first quarter of 2021.

Source: Entertainment Weekly

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm surprised they didn't just go with Jen Taylor, but McElhone certainly looks the part. I can buy that.

The Old One

The Old One

I'm not so sure of the premise.

Master Chief

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I don't really recognize the helmet design, it almost looks a bit like the Silent Storm helmet?

Master Chief

Master Chief

Looks like Chief's Halo 4 helmet to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed