The Official "What was that Movie?" Thread

Started by DUB1, Nov 15, 2014, 02:48:20 PM

Author
The Official "What was that Movie?" Thread (Read 38,664 times)

Gilfryd

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Mar 18, 2015, 07:29:16 AMTHANK YOU!

This has actually been bugging me for sixteen years.

It's pretty much a remake of the infamous Pulgasari (1985), produced by Kim Jong-il.

[cancerblack]

Wikipedia told me as much after searching for the remakes title. f**king thing has been right under my nose the whole damn time.

StrangeShape

Ive got a very hard one because Im looking for it for a decade. Its a low budget flick, probably 80s. Horror. Small meteor comes down into the garden where an old grampa is sitting on a chair. Whatever was in the meteor approaches the grampa underground, making a visible path on the grass/ground. Since then the grampa is getting younger everyday and eventually becomes a young stud, but is different, travels around seducing women then murders them .

Any ideas?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 24, 2015, 02:11:15 AMIve got a very hard one because Im looking for it for a decade. Its a low budget flick, probably 80s. Horror. Small meteor comes down into the garden where an old grampa is sitting on a chair. Whatever was in the meteor approaches the grampa underground, making a visible path on the grass/ground. Since then the grampa is getting younger everyday and eventually becomes a young stud, but is different, travels around seducing women then murders them .

Any ideas?

Haha sounds like you watched The Blob, Tremors and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button then somehow mixed them all up in a blender.

So no, no idea :)

Gilfryd

It sounds like the horror movie version of Cocoon.

StrangeShape

It was a direct to video flick, I remember it as very eerie, but there's just no way in finding the title

Corporal Hicks

Rightio - this is a film I thought was one of the various Body Snatcher films but I was just looking through the film adaptations and it certainly doesn't appear to be one of them.

It's set in a rural house and the family are taken over/replaced by aliens. You can tell because they had little spikes coming out the back of their necks. The aliens lived in in a cave somewhere nearby. And that's all I've got. Spikes coming out of the back of their necks.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

That sounds like Invaders From Mars.  The original was in 1953, Tobe Hooper did the remake in 1986.  When the aliens took over someone they had a spike in their neck.

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 24, 2015, 02:11:15 AM
Ive got a very hard one because Im looking for it for a decade. Its a low budget flick, probably 80s. Horror. Small meteor comes down into the garden where an old grampa is sitting on a chair. Whatever was in the meteor approaches the grampa underground, making a visible path on the grass/ground. Since then the grampa is getting younger everyday and eventually becomes a young stud, but is different, travels around seducing women then murders them .

Any ideas?

Sounds like the movie The Arrival (1991).

Whiskeybrewer

Okay here's a toughie. I remember this being on Channel 5 in the UK once or twice and I really enjoyed it.

The Gist of the story is that a team of engineers, archeologists or such, land on a moon or asteroid and begin digging, they then find a bunch of strange carvings and tehn blow a hole into a chamber. Which of course unleashes an unstoppable creature, that kills them one by one. In the end three people escape on a shuttle and theres a gag about a game, that's been the running joke through the film.

One death scene I really remember is the hard as nails woman on the team goes to take the creature on as part of a plan with a futuristic Screwgun. The plan fails. The Creature pins her down and the gun goes off, shooting her in the side of the helmet and we watch at the screw, goes into the helmet, then her head as she screams for help.

I think this is late nineties or early noughties

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jul 17, 2015, 02:01:09 PM
That sounds like Invaders From Mars.  The original was in 1953, Tobe Hooper did the remake in 1986.  When the aliens took over someone they had a spike in their neck.

That's it! I knew it was Invaders of something.  :P

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 17, 2015, 02:22:03 PM
Okay here's a toughie. I remember this being on Channel 5 in the UK once or twice and I really enjoyed it.

The Gist of the story is that a team of engineers, archeologists or such, land on a moon or asteroid and begin digging, they then find a bunch of strange carvings and tehn blow a hole into a chamber. Which of course unleashes an unstoppable creature, that kills them one by one. In the end three people escape on a shuttle and theres a gag about a game, that's been the running joke through the film.

One death scene I really remember is the hard as nails woman on the team goes to take the creature on as part of a plan with a futuristic Screwgun. The plan fails. The Creature pins her down and the gun goes off, shooting her in the side of the helmet and we watch at the screw, goes into the helmet, then her head as she screams for help.

WIthin The Rock (1996) from the sounds of it.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jul 17, 2015, 06:08:01 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 17, 2015, 02:22:03 PM

WIthin The Rock (1996) from the sounds of it.

That's right :) I found the trailer on youtube after you posted the title and its the one I was thinking of. Thanks Xeno

StrangeShape

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jul 17, 2015, 02:01:09 PM

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 24, 2015, 02:11:15 AM

Any ideas?

Sounds like the movie The Arrival (1991).

That's it!

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Two films. Both pretty old.

First one: I would had to have seen it on television in the late late 70s. Like, 1978 or 1979. Movie could have been from the 60's for all I know. All I remember is an ethnic boy, East Indian looking, Two giant, spikey, horned monsters which blew real flame out of their mouths on on top of some mountains. They did not move much. Just roaring, their mouths opening and closing, flames spewing out, lots of smoke, maybe some limited head turning and arm moving.

Turns out these things were fake even within the continuity of the film because I remember the kid running around inside of them. Lots of HUGE gears turning. Big steaming pipes, and chains.

That's all I got for the first one.

SOLVED! Arabian Adventure. A Christoper Lee flick. The chances of Christopher Lee being in this film were pretty high anyway since he made about a million movies.

The second one I must have watched on HBO back in the early 80's because I remember it being on a lot and it was pretty violent for regular TV. It starred an Asian man with a mop-top hair cut, dressed all in black and he may have worn an eye patch. (He reminds of Sho Kosugi from Ninja 3: The domination)
Spoiler
[close]
He had some white allies with him. One of them female. Also enemies. All seemed to be converging on some lost city in the jungle and then they seemed to be underground in a cave a lot. Not a lot of dialogue. Vague memories of there being gems and artifacts involved. There seemed to be a mystical quality to the film because at some point towards the end he is possessed with some great power that helps him take out all the bad guys at the end. His skin gets all flaky and wired. His eyes are white and he shoots beams and shit out of his hands and face reminiscent of the spectral chain lighting that kills the Nazis at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. That's it. :([/s]

SOLVED: Treasure Of The Four Crowns.

lol ... The man guy who I thought was Asian, dressed all in black, and had an eye was not Asian, wore a red jacket and tan pants, and did not have an eye patch.  :laugh:

PVTDukeMorrison

It's a heist movie, fairly recent. In it the ones conducting the heist cover their face with a white sleeve and sunglasses. At the end you find out none  of their weapons were even real and they faked a whole lot of shit. I think Jamie Foxx was in it?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed