Low FPS with flashlight enabled

Started by Ancient Predator, Jul 26, 2018, 05:51:11 PM

Author
Low FPS with flashlight enabled (Read 2,890 times)

Ancient Predator

Ancient Predator

Does anyone else have low FPS when turning on the flashlight? Sometimes it's fine but other times I start to drop to 50-30 FPS, even around 50 FPS the game feels slow. I am using DGVoodoo 2 and have followed the tutorial that KingKenny showed. I also tried removing my mods and adding back a unmodified autoexec.cfg but the results were still the same. I don't remember having low FPS with the flashlight playing before, could it just be because of newer hardware not working well with the game? I'm also using a CD copy of the game.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't know what to tell you, any modern PC should have no trouble running AVP2 at its' highest settings.
Check out the guide here on AVPG.
I've never had any issues with it.

Corporal Hicks

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

Ancient Predator

Ancient Predator

Yes I've tried compatibility mode, I was still getting the low FPS, I even tried playing at 800x600 resolution rather than 1920x1080 but it was still the same for some reason. Also which guide would I need to look at for possible solutions?

The Old One

The Old One

I say uninstall it, then use the Abandonware digital version available here.

Try the widescreen patch too.

Ancient Predator

I will try to reinstall it but I wont download a copy online because I don't feel comfortable with that, I have the disc and I've never had any issues with this game until now.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Ancient Predator on Jul 27, 2018, 03:23:31 PM
I will try to reinstall it but I wont download a copy online because I don't feel comfortable with that, I have the disc and I've never had any issues with this game until now.

You have the disc, there's literally no reason not to download the copy on here.

HeymZey

HeymZey

I have huge fps drop as well everytime some form of dynamic light occur (turning flashlight on, shooting flares, firing, etc..
Using dgVoodoo 2.55.4

Has anyone got a good config stack to solve this ?

Le Celticant

dgVoodoo put a massive hit to performance, uninstall it.

KingKenny

KingKenny

Quote from: HeymZey on Jan 08, 2021, 03:42:22 AM
I have huge fps drop as well everytime some form of dynamic light occur (turning flashlight on, shooting flares, firing, etc..
Using dgVoodoo 2.55.4

Has anyone got a good config stack to solve this ?

dgVoodoo 2 does not handle the dynamic lighting well. You can get bad fps drops with it. Only use it if you have under 30 fps without it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed