Strause Brothers Interview

Started by Darkness, Jan 05, 2008, 08:17:56 PM

Author
Strause Brothers Interview (Read 15,601 times)

Darkness

Darkness

News seems to have all but disappeared since AvPR came out. I feel sorta empty. There’s an interview with the Strause Brothers on LA Times (Requires Registration). It’s mostly about their life story and how they got into visual effects and formed Hydraulx etc.

“Colin, the more effusive of the two, said they convinced executives at 20th Century Fox to hire them with 40 pages of notes, location references and concept art work as well as a back-to-basics approach that would return the franchise to its R-rated horror origins and remind audiences just how scary these monsters can be. As 2004′s “Alien vs. Predator” was rated PG-13, many fans felt it pulled its punch. “It was real important for us to set this movie apart from the last one,” said Greg.”

Thanks to Alien Experience for the news. In box office news, AvPR is up to a domestic total of $33,956,000 as of Jan 4. Foreign takings are $16,265,237 so far. The worldwide total is $50,221,237 which is well over its budget (though I’m sure Fox was hoping for a lot more). It’s still to come out in many parts of Europe this month.

Der_Meister

Der_Meister

gonna check this one out ^^

The Ultimate Predator

Referring to the box office takings; its bound to shoot up a whole lot when it is released in UK at least, which is good.

SiL

SiL

Atrocious word of mouth might deter some people. You never know.

Starkiller

Starkiller

Interview was ok. As far as the taking's are concerned, thats not too bad and the movie is still yet to be released in some parts of europe including the uk.   I myself will be watching the movie twice come january 18th    :D   allthough im not sure that we will be getting another avp film?    :-\  

Sheriff Eddie Morales

$48,836,076  ? I expect more,so that i would be sure that there will be AvP 3 ;)

Jojo

Jojo

If Fox is dissapointed by its performance domestically then i am sure the next one will be PG-13.   Overseas so far it has outgrossed its predecessor in a lot of countries and could do anywhere from 90-110 million all depending on its legs and whether left over countries are that interested in it.

Darkness

Darkness

I agree. If there is an AvP3, it will definitely be PG13.

Biz

Biz

I think this is an "I told you so" tactic by Fox. That is why the budget was so low.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I think it will bring in a good amount this weekend in the US.

bonafide1498

bonafide1498

Just make another one, thats all i ask for......   :'(  

Optimus Maximus Virus

Optimus Maximus Virus

I agree with you bonaflide1498, I hope there is another avp movie (even tho I havn't seen this one yet, uk fan) Hopefully when avp-r is released here in the uk, the gross will be much higher (lots of alien and predator fans here!)    ;)  

Ty

Ty

I just got the Hybrid figure!   :o   SO cool!   ;D   Very detailed...........

Ultimate-Predalien

Ultimate-Predalien

I hope they make another as well, But they should stick to rated-r, or at least make a directors cut if its pg-13 which I'm sure they will if they make AVP3, But I think it should stay r-rated because that means more fighting and gore.....   ;)  

jakey_jedi

jakey_jedi

we dont want AvP 3 we want Alien 5/ Predator 3 Avp was tried and hasnt really panned out. I aint seen AvP R yet as i live in uk but there seems to be alot of negativity surrounding it. Personally im dying to see it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed