Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 102,132 times)

Kradan

Maybe girls find Wolf more attractive ?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Phobos on Jan 25, 2022, 05:16:31 AM
One thing I loved about it is how they went back to the traditional slimmer build of the predator.

Something the Strause Brothers stressed in pre-production!

happypred

The bulkiness mostly stemmed from the more complete breastplate design in AvP. Wolf has the traditional "scrap of metal on one titty" most preds wear.

But the AvP breastplate can't withstand xeno acid, unlike the shuriken, spear or ritual knife in the same movie. So this led me to believe that the pred elders were trolling their youths, like "Yes, real men must wear this thing that slows them down for +0.1 protection"

BigDaddyJohn

Can I love both Jesse and her underwear ?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 25, 2022, 03:20:42 PM
Can I love both Jesse and her underwear ?

You can love Jesse, her underwear... and the movie!!!

Kradan

Voodoo Magic

Turn that AvP:R frown, upside down!

Kradan

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: happypred on Jan 25, 2022, 02:53:28 PM
The bulkiness mostly stemmed from the more complete breastplate design in AvP. Wolf has the traditional "scrap of metal on one titty" most preds wear.

But the AvP breastplate can't withstand xeno acid, unlike the shuriken, spear or ritual knife in the same movie. So this led me to believe that the pred elders were trolling their youths, like "Yes, real men must wear this thing that slows them down for +0.1 protection"

The inconsistency between what is and isn't acid proof drives me crazy sometimes. I can understand wanting to make things more difficult for the blooding rituals, but why the most basic weapon - the wristblades - wouldn't be made of that seems silly to me. That's supposed to be your fallback. That should be the one that is!

happypred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 26, 2022, 12:48:01 PM
The inconsistency between what is and isn't acid proof drives me crazy sometimes. I can understand wanting to make things more difficult for the blooding rituals, but why the most basic weapon - the wristblades - wouldn't be made of that seems silly to me. That's supposed to be your fallback. That should be the one that is!

Yes, definitely.
If anything, the "last line of defense" weapon should've been acid-proof. And there was no need for such bulky armour encumbering the torso...if that armour offers almost no protection against the Alien's acid.

Think we all understand the concept of making the hunt more challenging (and using these rites of passage to teach respect for arguably the Alien's most potent defence, its acid blood), but you'd think the weapon of last resort wouldn't just dissolve after one strike.

Now...correct me if I'm wrong, but it's also odd that the Pred youths would've gotten their shoulder cannons at the start of their test if the humans hadn't stolen them. Doesn't that kinda negate the manly "coming of age" aspect of a trial by fire? The idea is to risk one's life, to hunt lions with blades like the Masai...not pick up high-powered rifles and shoot them to death.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: happypred on Jan 30, 2022, 03:07:00 AM
Now...correct me if I'm wrong, but it's also odd that the Pred youths would've gotten their shoulder cannons at the start of their test if the humans hadn't stolen them. Doesn't that kinda negate the manly "coming of age" aspect of a trial by fire? The idea is to risk one's life, to hunt lions with blades like the Masai...not pick up high-powered rifles and shoot them to death.

They are raising Yautja younglings to be so soft these days. How are they going to grow up like Wolf and dominate Xenos with such coddling!

StrangeShape

I do like that its a very different sequel. Its so unlike the first film in every way, which I really like for the most part, but I also think sequels should be fresh and this sure isnt a rehash. So the aspect, the idea of it being very different as far as tone, rating, setting, is something I do like

chopperXgill

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 02, 2022, 02:48:02 AM
I do like that its a very different sequel. Its so unlike the first film in every way, which I really like for the most part, but I also think sequels should be fresh and this sure isnt a rehash. So the aspect, the idea of it being very different as far as tone, rating, setting, is something I do like

I totally agree, nothing is worse when a movie just lazily remakes the movie before it. I think with both alien & predator franchise, we have been lucky that each movie has at least attempted something fresh and new (for better or worse)

Kradan

Quote from: StrangeShape on Feb 02, 2022, 02:48:02 AM
Its so unlike the first film in every way, which I really like for the most part, but I also think sequels should be fresh and this sure isnt a rehash.

Is it though ?

I mean, it may not be rehash of specifically the first AvP movie, but is it though ?

BlueMarsalis79

It is the most rehashy of them all, before Hollywood started massively capitalising on memberberries.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed