Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Mar 21, 2019, 12:49:19 AM

Author
Has Alien vs. Predator (2004) aged all that well? (Read 44,702 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 17, 2022, 10:50:19 AMI can relate to this. I worked at the cinema when the film came out. I was so hyped for it coming up to release and everyone knew it. All of my buddies who worked there and I went to see it on release. I just apologized as we came out.
That's mortifying, jesus!

Huntsman

I don't think any fan is going to say they were completely satisfied or it's the film they wanted.

The Cruentus

It certainly better than it sequel and some have liked it better than the prequels, at least the first prequel. It doesn't help that Scott made the same mistakes that both AVPS did, screwing with the lore and the lifecycle.

AVP=fast alien lifecycle.
Alien covenent - Ultra fast lifecycle.
AVPR - added a new reproduction method that would render previous one obsolete.
Prometheus/Alien Covenent added a biological weapon that would render Alien one obsolete. Also huggers can implant instantly without need of rendering someone comatose, thus making previous iterations obsolete.

alexpop

No! Prefer unrated.

BlueMarsalis79

Not a fan of this film at all, or usually this channel, but I find this absolutely fascinating.

SiL

Why does it take 5 f**king minutes to get to the point Jesus Christ I hate people trying to game the revenue system.

Corporal Hicks

You gotta get those intros in! What's the verdict, was it better? I'm still not able to really watch his videos - after the whole thing here with Xenopedia.

SiL

It's just different. Some marginally better framing that shows more details that are nice but not crucial in some shots.

MaineXeno

Oh god I don't need flashbacks to that absolutely pointless drama lol

Kradan

Gave me a major itch to rewatch the movie

City Hunter Yautja

I must say AVP feels more Gigeresque than AVPR, it does a fair job of adding the terror of the facehugger and chestburster back into the Xenoverse.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jun 19, 2023, 07:22:47 PMI must say AVP feels (...) Gigeresque

I must say I disagree.

SiL

And yet the full quote is pretty fine. It's a low bar to clear.

oduodu

cameron is on record saying he thinks avp is the 3rd best movie in the alien franchise.

i wonder if he feels the same today.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: oduodu on Jun 25, 2023, 08:32:39 AMcameron is on record saying he thinks avp is the 3rd best movie in the alien franchise.

i wonder if he feels the same today.

He also said T Genisys was 'the real T3' so I wouldnt put too much stock into that.

He has also praised Alien 3 in the past but will likely always have a biased hate towards it for what it did to his characters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed