Prometheus Cinefex Scans

Started by Darkness, Jun 19, 2012, 06:06:55 PM

Author
Prometheus Cinefex Scans (Read 45,940 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Again, the guy who designed the deacon says its a precursor to Gigers alien not :just: some "silly magazine" as some claim

HybridNewborn

HybridNewborn

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 21, 2012, 04:53:30 PM
Again, the guy who designed the deacon says its a precursor to Gigers alien not :just: some "silly magazine" as some claim

That's nice. He was designing it for Ridley Scott, who says otherwise, and is backed up by, you know, the actual evidence from the film, which shows that Xenos existed at least a couple thousand years before the events of Prometheus.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

The Egg via the Art of book.

Spoiler
[close]

Comparison: Concept to On screen.

Spoiler
It might as well be holding a regulation NBA basketball, such as the vagueness.

But ... it IS there.
[close]

A precursor in terms of conception and design. Not from a story stand point, obviously.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 21, 2012, 05:02:47 PM
The Egg via the Art of book.

Spoiler
[close]

Comparison: Concept to On screen.

Spoiler
It might as well be holding a regulation NBA basketball, such as the vagueness.

But ... it IS there.
[close]

A precursor in terms of conception and design. Not from a story stand point, obviously.

"A beginning of Gigers Alien" were the exact words. Then Lindelofs quotes about one of the Prometheus creations going on to become what we see in Alien. Then Cinefex' statements. And again, lets not forget the fact Deacon was an afterthought designed way after the mural, so I wouldnt give the mural much thought  as some kind of a direct connection to Deacons. It wouldve been silly. Deacon is a result of a baby of a human-hybrid and human baby impregnating Engineer. Those are the ingredients. I wonder how many of them they had thousands of years ago. The mural so far has been confirmed to be nothing more than an homage to Gigers work with easter eggs in it for Giger/Alien fans

AmazSpiderMan1

AmazSpiderMan1

Even if it was the first Alien, which I believe was the original intent, moving the film off LV-426, makes the Deacon just some random creature stranded on a dead planet. How can it have any connection to "Alien"? They screwed up by rewriting the script after Lindelof came on board. The end result makes no sense.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 21, 2012, 05:11:38 PM
"A beginning of Gigers Alien" were the exact words. Then Lindelofs quotes about one of the Prometheus creations going on to become what we see in Alien. Then Cinefex' statements. And again, lets not forget the fact Deacon was an afterthought designed way after the mural, so I wouldnt give the mural much thought  as some kind of a direct connection to Deacons. It wouldve been silly. Deacon is a result of a baby of a human-hybrid and human baby impregnating Engineer. Those are the ingredients. I wonder how many of them they had thousands of years ago. The mural so far has been confirmed to be nothing more than an homage to Gigers work with easter eggs in it for Giger/Alien fans

"A beginning of Gigers Alien" can still be taken from a conceptual stand point. And Lindelofs quotes can be taken the same way in terms of theme. I agree wholeheartedly about the egg/mural part.

Considering the story goes through great lengths to tell us human and engineer DNA are a perfect match I doubt the creature would appear much different. Of course from a movie going experience I'd expect to see something like the Deacon but considerably larger with slightly different surface detail.

Quote from: AmazSpiderMan1 on Jun 21, 2012, 05:18:01 PM
Even if it was the first Alien, which I believe was the original intent, moving the film off LV-426, makes the Deacon just some random creature stranded on a dead planet. How can it have any connection to "Alien"? They screwed up by rewriting the script after Lindelof came on board. The end result makes no sense.

Yeah. You can see how it very well could have been LV426 in some earlier draft and the just nipped and tucked a few elements. But it doesn't change what we have now in the final film. It's obvious this is the aftermath of what happened 2000 years ago and lead to the derelict landing on LV426. The events in Prometheus are an off-shoot resulting in a new and separate strain of alien biology.

zoidy

zoidy

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 21, 2012, 05:32:05 PM
Yeah. You can see how it very well could have been LV426 in some earlier draft and the just nipped and tucked a few elements. But it doesn't change what we have now in the final film. It's obvious this is the aftermath of what happened 2000 years ago and lead to the derelict landing on LV426. The events in Prometheus are an off-shoot resulting in a new and separate strain of alien biology.
Absolutely, I dont see that theres any conflict, even if it wasnt the original plan to have this as an offshoot on a different planet rather than the original on lv426. As we don't currently have a direct explanation for what happened to the ship and jockey on lv426, the events in Prometheus - and the new alien at the end - cannot be a contradiction.

I just see it as a pre-cursor to the alien in some ways, perhaps the original alien also went through a similar stage? Or maybe its a completely different strain or sub species. I dont really think it matters at all. We may never even see it again, sequel or no. If we get a Ridley sequel, presumably it will take place somewhere else, following Shaw & D. Who knows what we will see.

I like that idea. We don't have to see the same things over and over.

AmazSpiderMan1

AmazSpiderMan1

I just don't see how those same events could be replicated, since they are so random, which is why I've seen people speculate that maybe the material in the jars has some connection to Xenos, since all of the creations coming from the ooze had varying similarities (snake looking like a fingerless facehugger, squid implanting embryos, etc). These are just fan fiction theories though to make sense of it all. Im more interested in how this movie turned out the way it did, and I honestly think rewriting the script was a big mistake because we got some amalgam. It's the story of the derelict, and the first Alien, only it's not the derelict, and assumingly not the first Alien. It's confusing newcomers and die hard fans alike.

zoidy

zoidy

Quote from: AmazSpiderMan1 on Jun 21, 2012, 07:00:43 PM
I just don't see how those same events could be replicated, since they are so random, which is why I've seen people speculate that maybe the material in the jars has some connection to Xenos, since all of the creations coming from the ooze had varying similarities (snake looking like a fingerless facehugger, squid implanting embryos, etc). These are just fan fiction theories though to make sense of it all. Im more interested in how this movie turned out the way it did, and I honestly think rewriting the script was a big mistake because we got some amalgam. It's the story of the derelict, and the first Alien, only it's not the derelict, and assumingly not the first Alien. It's confusing newcomers and die hard fans alike.
In terms of the jars having connection to xenos, I'm sure thats true. I suspect the idea we are supposed to take away is that the original '79 xeno was created by the same process which created the "deacon" alien. By that I mean black goo infection, we just don't know what elements of alien life and/or jockeys combined to create the classic xeno.

What we have seen here in Prometheus is just a different end result, because of different elements in the mix. Black goo plus Holloway plus Shaw plus Jockey. Who knows what life combined with the goo to create classic xeno?

Maybe we'll find out in a later film.

whatisthematrix

whatisthematrix

2 pages debating usage of words will be resolved in one video, and one word.

evolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C-VYyJlNsE#ws

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed