A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Jul 03, 2018, 11:31:07 PM

Author
A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered? (Read 47,534 times)

SM

Yeah it was picking up the Engineer.

Saggit

ANYONE BUT RIDLEY SCOTT!!! Especially now when alcohol and age finally did a number on him.

SM

The Old One

The Old One

More like prolapse.

Corporal Hicks

I can't say I think his age or alcohol (is this even a thing with Scott?) has anything to do with it, I wouldn't like to see Scott heavily involved with any more Alien stories going forward.

Denton Smalls

Well, everyone concerned about the possibility of Blomkamp touching the franchise can rest easy, as it looks like he's moved on to a "true" Robocop sequel.

FenGiddel

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 11, 2018, 08:40:29 PM
Well, everyone concerned about the possibility of Blomkamp touching the franchise can rest easy, as it looks like he's moved on to a "true" Robocop sequel.
Ahh, but remember the irony of the Eagles' "when Hell freezes over" tour...

Gash

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 11, 2018, 10:02:28 AM
I can't say I think his age or alcohol (is this even a thing with Scott?) has anything to do with it, I wouldn't like to see Scott heavily involved with any more Alien stories going forward.

Each to their own. I would.

whiterabbit

Yea Scott has my confidence. A prequel is a prequel.

Prez

Agreed. He gave us a wonderful introduction to this universe and then gave us a very divisive couple of follow ups (or rather come befores).

There are plenty of other stories left to tell in this universe but I feel we need others to be masterminding those.

Huggs

Quote from: Prez on Jul 21, 2018, 03:52:59 AM

Agreed. He gave us a wonderful introduction to this universe and then gave us a very divisive couple of follow ups (or rather come befores).

There are plenty of other stories left to tell in this universe but I feel we need others to be masterminding those.

If he does have the blessings of the studio but will be forced to work with a lower budget, then the ball truly is in his court. He'll either walk, or figure out a way to tell a smaller story. Can it be done? Sure. Will he be okay with that? I doubt it. I have difficulty seeing him abandoning his vision for this trilogy, and risk it being given to people who may fundamentally change everything Ridley set out to say.

Its a shame, because Ridley brings so much talent and skill to the game. But he's got his plan and he wants to run with the ball (so to speak). He's forgetting the game is won primarily in the air, not just on the ground. You may run for 5 yards, you might run for 8, but you can throw the ball for 40+.

Let loose of the helm alittle, and let other (perhaps better) ideas come forth.

maron

I'm not interested in another bug hunt anymore. Too late for me for rubber alien insects getting splatted by marines  :-

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Fox is holding a panel at SDCC at 4pm PST today. Might be worth keeping an eye on that.

Corporal Hicks

"There is nothing..."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed