The Art and Making of The Predator

Started by felix, Dec 18, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Author
The Art and Making of The Predator (Read 35,197 times)

skull-splitter

Fingers crossed all the artists are allowed to post their stuff on this show.

Corporal Hicks

Another update from Amazon, revised delivery >>

QuoteEstimated arrival date: October 24 2018 - November 22 2018

Absolute joke. Waterstones best have a copy in.

felix

felix

It came out last week in Singapore.

proto leech

Got mine. Disappointing but there are a few good concepts sprinkled throughout. Like most artbook attempts you get waaaaaaay too many two page spreads of shane black pointing in the distance or just boring production photos of enviornments. Not nearly enough actual predator art.

Corporal Hicks

No sign of the book in Waterstones or Forbidden Planet. Sigh. Gave up and ordered from eBay.

Kailem

Kailem

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's no concept or other artwork of the spider hybrids or any of the other crazy creatures that got cut?

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kailem on Oct 07, 2018, 10:15:43 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say there's no concept or other artwork of the spider hybrids or any of the other crazy creatures that got cut?
Not that I saw when I paged through it. It pretty much stuck to stuff that ended up on-screen.

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 07, 2018, 09:52:01 AM
No sign of the book in Waterstones or Forbidden Planet. Sigh. Gave up and ordered from eBay.

I tried to find it in once more in town over the weekend with no luck. Ordered this and the Collector's Edition book from Wordery instead now.

bobcunk

bobcunk

hears a look inside.

spinksy

spinksy

I can echo a lot of what I've read on this book - it's disappointing. 

There is literally NO images of the upgrade in his final design. none!

It's more about the filming locations from what I've seen (only got it this morning), I've scanned every page looking for certain things (such as the upgrade) but not much is here that I actually want to see.

What a shame!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: bobcunk on Oct 10, 2018, 10:20:23 PM
hears a look inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6n7Ndr9Zjs

Thanks for sharing this. This book appears to be more "Making Of" than "Art".  You helped me decide if its worthy to fork over some cash on this or not. Appreciate it!

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 12, 2018, 01:45:38 PM
hears a look inside.

Thanks for sharing this. This book appears to be more "Making Of" than "Art".  You helped me decide if its worthy to fork over some cash on this or not. Appreciate it!
your welcome. This is not my video by the way, I'm not trying h to take credit for it.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: bobcunk on Oct 12, 2018, 03:54:31 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 12, 2018, 01:45:38 PM
hears a look inside.

your welcome. This is not my video by the way, I'm not trying h to take credit for it.

Just you sharing it was a big help, nevertheless!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed