trailer breakdown

Started by kcirtap33, Oct 05, 2007, 10:07:23 PM

Author
trailer breakdown (Read 583 times)

kcirtap33

kcirtap33

head on over to empireonline.com and see a decent breakdowm of the avp-r trailer.it shows the similarities with the other movies.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Jeez, I gave up on the first one.

How try-hard is this?

Quote"Unseen men move through the dark, with only torch beams to show their presence. The same happens at the beginning of Aliens, except there are only three of them. And no trees."

So, completely different then?

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Yeah, that's gotta be the lamest analisis of the trailer I've seen so far...
They missed that there's Aliens and Predators though...  :D :D :D

SiL

SiL

QuoteA man is discovered hanging from a tree, skinned by a Predator – because Predators enjoy their meat low fat. The helicopter crew are found in the same state in the original Predator.
How is a trait of the Predator being shown in the film a reference? It's like saying the Aliens breed by face-huggers raping people is a reference.

QuoteEven the overgrown shoulder blades are the same.
Overgrown? Have they not watched Alien or Aliens? They shrank.

I like their grasping at there being soldiers in the movie, although this

QuoteEvery alien-killing she-warrior needs a child to bring out her motherly instincts. Ripley gets Newt. Kelly gets her own daughter, Molly.
is spot on. Hell, with the two pictures side by side, it's kind'a scary how similar they all look like each other.

QuoteSweaty vest? Check. Practical, yet attractively bedraggled haircut? Check. Big f**k off gun? Check. Reiko Aylesworth's Kelly O'Brien is clearly Ripley Mk II
And that one.

...Gotta say, there were a crapload more references, and more obvious ones at that, that they could've made.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

well i guess i'm the only one who thinks all the reference to the trailer matches identical to the previous movies. nothing new , we've seen it all before, only thing new is that we have better f/x , bad actors, and cheesier story.

Daweism

Daweism

Where is Gates' negativity when you need it?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: xenomorph36 on Oct 06, 2007, 06:24:36 AM
only thing new is that we have better f/x
Debatable.

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Dissapointed you've brought light to this, kcirtap33. Empire have been absolute c*nts about this movie and don't derserve any recogntion for a little trailer breakdown.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed