Why would there be only one Predator In AVP: Requiem?

Started by Plasch09, Aug 29, 2007, 04:41:08 AM

Author
Why would there be only one Predator In AVP: Requiem? (Read 877 times)

Plasch09

I am a big fan of the Aliens Franchise and the Predators one as well.  My one question is how can they get away with having only one main predator in AVP: Requiem.  Xenomorphs Are extremely good hunters too and in the comics and the first movie they take out Predators.  Having only one predator in the newest one is pretty dumb considering what Xenomorphs are capable of.  I feel like it's going to downplay Xenomorphs. 

SM

Wait'll the film comes out and see they handle it first.  Maybe the Aliens are too busy gathering hosts to give a shit about the Predator.  And maybe he's too busy skinning people to give a shit about the Aliens.  Could be any number of reasons.

Xerxész

Quote from: Ry2Hottie on Aug 29, 2007, 04:41:08 AM
     I am a big fan of the Aliens Franchise and the Predators one as well.  My one question is how can they get away with having only one main predator in AVP: Requiem.  Xenomorphs Are extremely good hunters too and in the comics and the first movie they take out Predators.  Having only one predator in the newest one is pretty dumb considering what Xenomorphs are capable of.  I feel like it's going to downplay Xenomorphs. 
There will be other Predators killed by Aliens, but there will be only one main Predator, the Wolf.

Predalienslayer

Remember that he is portrayed as a far-above-average Predator.

Craig

P1 and P2 had one predator (aside from the elder scene). Aliens and Resurrection had multiple aliens die. The audience is used to seeing aliens die easily rather than a predator. That's why people were pissed that two of them died so quickly.

justaguy

justaguy

Quote from: Ry2Hottie on Aug 29, 2007, 04:41:08 AM
In AVP the predators were (excuse the expression) noobs and had never fought an alien before but the Wolf is a veteran and has better equipment and is harder,better,faster,stronger. Also he fights at range in the trailer a lot and remember how many xenos scar killed with his plasmacaster when he first got it.

happypred

Yeah, I think there are going to be a lot of plasmacaster kills like in Predator 1.

Also in the comics while it's true that usually a small group of predators take on a large group of aliens, it still holds true that one predator usually kills more than one alien (this was even true in AvP...well only for the main predator)

ChAoS

i hope maybe we see like a little group of say 3 preds one being wolf.. or just wolf and another pred..  but then one is killed by an unsuspecting alien.wolf kills alien then hes on his own..  just so we can see another pred.. cuz i didnt mind it when chopper got killed in avp1..mybe see a pred being snuk up on and drag away while wolf chases them only to find him mangled in a bloody pool of shize :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed