Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 30, 2016, 08:52:31 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant - Origins - Prequel Novel (Read 105,545 times)

Corporal Hicks

Perfect-Organism

I found myself gobbling up this novel.  Mostly I think because I wanted to see if anything relates to engineers or aliens.  But there was nothing.  I suspect that it was ADF's intention to make the nightmares of the prophet be transmitted by engineers, but Fox probably did not permit that.  (Just my conjecture of course). As such, the story falls rather flat.

Mind you the world building and the sheer pace of action redeems the whole thing.  Yes perhaps ADF jumped the shark with exploding cattle, but as a whole this was the best depiction of earth in the time of the alien universe we've seen this far...  felt very Bladerunner.  Even more so after seeing BR49.

Mr. Xenomorph

Haven't gotten to read this yet. Do they ever say what Daniels' first name is?

SM

Not that I recall.

Lope and Rosey get first names.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Xenomorph on Oct 08, 2017, 10:48:08 PM
Haven't gotten to read this yet. Do they ever say what Daniels' first name is?

Ridley seems to be holding that as some sort of secret. Not too sure why. They talked about it during the production.

HuDaFuK

Ellen Ripley Daniels :P

Scorpio

Daniels is her maiden name, correct?  Or in the future that old custom no longer exists?

SM

More than likely.  Her married name would be Branson.  Ricks and Upworth also have different surnames.  And T and Farris, more than likely.  Karine however is possibly Karine Oram.

HuDaFuK

T's name could pretty much be anything if Tennesse is a nickname, which seems likely.

Quote from: SM on Oct 09, 2017, 10:41:35 AMHer married name would be Branson.

Assuming she took his name. She's a strong, independent woman and this is the future :P

SM

Considering her name is Daniels I would not assume such a thing.

Corporal Hicks

SM

Was anyone?

I liked it more than I thought I would but I don't know if anyone actually wanted this novel.

Ultramorph

Honestly, I still haven't started reading it. Just not that excited by the premise.

DorkiDori

i got about 10 pages in and gave up... just thought "whats the point? no aliens. no shaw. no david... MEH!"

Denton Smalls

Sounds like they missed the boat on this one. What a shame. They had so much material to expand upon that's actually RELEVANT to the story.

In other news, The Predator is getting a rom com prequel novel focusing on McKenna's early courtship of Yvonne Strahovski's character, because f*** the fans right?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed