The Predator has been delayed to August 3rd 2018

Started by Anthony, Apr 22, 2017, 04:28:35 PM

Author
The Predator has been delayed to August 3rd 2018 (Read 26,195 times)

goose_3387

Let's hope the marketing team does a good job on this one now they have the time. SDCC is a month before it too so they could do something special there perhaps...

germanator2

I don't think that's a bad date. August is around the time where Summer vacation is technically ending. A good way to end it with a Predator movie. August releases for films I feel tend to fare better than the middle of the summer

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Cereal Killer on Apr 22, 2017, 07:57:36 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 22, 2017, 07:53:15 PM
Quote from: Cereal Killer on Apr 22, 2017, 07:46:43 PM
For me I think It could be more time for rewrites etc.

They don't want it to get killed by Marvel.
what about Meg? Haven't heard much about it was ment to be a big deal.

Isn't it a Jason Statham vehicle? I don't think those tend to blow the box anymore outside of Fast & Furious sequels.

echobbase79

Quote from: Lieutenant Mike Harrigan on Apr 22, 2017, 08:18:30 PM
Quote from: Anthony on Apr 22, 2017, 04:28:35 PM
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=thepredator.htm
That means Arnold has landed a huge role in the film. Which is great.

Where does that confirm that Arnold is in the film?

MEG should be a pretty fun movie. I read the book (only the first) and it's a lot fun.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 22, 2017, 09:36:40 PM

Nowhere, sadly. It's likely they've only moved the release window to flee the glut of blockbusters earlier in the year and give Predator a fair shot.

I love a good shark movie but there are so few good ones. I remember Meg being a good idea with an iffy story back in the day. And making it a Jason Statham movie just seems off. He can't kickbox the shark!

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Lieutenant Mike Harrigan on Apr 22, 2017, 08:18:30 PM
That means Arnold has landed a huge role in the film. Which is great.

Does nothing of the sort.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 22, 2017, 09:44:44 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 22, 2017, 09:36:40 PM

Nowhere, sadly. It's likely they've only moved the release window to flee the glut of blockbusters earlier in the year and give Predator a fair shot.

I love a good shark movie but there are so few good ones. I remember Meg being a good idea with an iffy story back in the day. And making it a Jason Statham movie just seems off. He can't kickbox the shark!

Yeah, the book is pure cheese! How the megladon is killed is really out there. The series has garnered a very large cult following. I've never read any of the other novels. I expect it to be a cross between Jurassic Park and Jaws. More of a Jurassic Park feel though. It will probably be PG-13 as well which could hurt The Predator at the box office.

SpeedyMaxx

I just don't see a Jason Statham shark movie of a middling book from the '90s being a huge threat in August.

echobbase79

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 22, 2017, 10:36:36 PM
I just don't see a Jason Statham shark movie of a middling book from the '90s being a huge threat in August.

I'm just glad it got made. I've actually been waiting for it for a long time. I didn't ever think it would happen. My guess is that Meg will probably move again.

Keith

good. maybe they're reconsidering some of the nonsense in the current script.

newagescamartist

If Meg has a good trailer it'll make good money. People have been wanting that movie for a long time now.

Quote from: Keith on Apr 22, 2017, 10:55:06 PM
good. maybe they're reconsidering some of the nonsense in the current script.

I'd rather them stick to the nonsense than have it turn into Jurassic Park 3 where they're literally writing the script as they go along. That was a mess.

GreybackElder

Got to admit a little bummed it got moved to August 2018. I'm hoping this gives a chance for a better story or better character development. If this helps the predator franchise I'm all for it.

Dino21AvP

Disappointing news but hopefully it works out for the best.

Ushella

Quote from: overthere on Apr 22, 2017, 04:53:47 PM
Black Panther is a boring character anyway.

What? T'Challa would rip a Pred to shreds.

Spoiler
I'd pay to see that:

Who's hunting who? *In deep Narrator voice*

[close]

It's a fair enough excuse for the delay. A hell load of people will be going to see Black Panther. The Pred film will have extra time to edit to make it even better, so it should be fine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed