who wrote the script?

Started by xenomorph36, Oct 04, 2007, 02:18:25 PM

Author
who wrote the script? (Read 1,013 times)

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

well who? i know that the previous script was ditched due to aicn but who wrote the second one? I hope to god not the same guy who wrote avp1 because that script was so bad it made my eyes go watery. does anyone have any information on the guy who wrote it? what was his previous work and what not. thanx in advance

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

All three guys you mentioned are the same guy.

Previous film guy, first draft of AvP2 guy, and shooting script guy...all Shane Salerno.

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 04, 2007, 02:22:31 PM
All three guys you mentioned are the same guy.

Previous film guy, first draft of AvP2 guy, and shooting script guy...all Shane Salerno.

f**k christ sake! that is a baaaaaaaaaaad news if you ask me. why does ppl seem to think this movie has so much potential if this so called Shane Salerno wrote the previous god awful script called avp.

you cant expect some on who gets F in his paper to all of a sudden get an A , not even a C for that matter.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

'So-called Shane Salerno'?  What kind of psuedo insult is that?

Quote from: xenomorph36 on Oct 04, 2007, 02:28:17 PM
you cant expect some on who gets F in his paper to all of a sudden get an A , not even a C for that matter.

Ever hear of Akiva Goldsman, Oscar winning screenwriter of A Beautiful Mind?

He also wrote Batman & Robin.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 04, 2007, 02:34:24 PM

it was a pseudo insult fyi.

i dont see any movie as deep as [Beautiful Mind]. i dont care if Akiva Goldsman won an Oscar it still doesnt change the fact that this guy sucks. hey may do well in the future but as for now all of his script were god awful if you ask me. check out all the reviews of the movie. i mean shaft? you gotta be kidding me

Meg (2008) (in production) (screenplay)
The Mechanic (2008) (announced) (screenplay)
Reckless (2008) (pre-production) (written by)
Untitled Mark Gordon/Shane Salerno Project (2007) (pre-production) (written by)
Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007) (completed) (written by)
... aka AvP2 (USA: short title)
... aka AvPR (International: English title: short title)

"UC: Undercover" (11 episodes, 2001-2002)
    - The Sins of Sonny Walker (2002) TV Episode (teleplay)
    - Teddy C (2002) TV Episode (story) (teleplay)
    - Zero Option (2001) TV Episode (teleplay)
    - The Siege (2001) TV Episode (creator) (teleplay)
    - City on Fire (2001) TV Episode (creator)
      (6 more)
Shaft (2000) (screenplay) (story)
... aka Shaft - Noch Fragen? (Germany)

Armageddon (1998/I) (adaptation)
"New York Undercover" (3 episodes, 1995-1996)
... aka Uptown Undercover
    - Sympathy for the Devil (1996) TV Episode (written by)
    - Color Lines (1995) TV Episode (written by)
    - Digital Underground (1995) TV Episode (written by)
Sundown: The Future of Children and Drugs (1991)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: xenomorph36 on Oct 04, 2007, 02:45:59 PM
i dont care if Akiva Goldsman won an Oscar it still doesnt change the fact that this guy sucks.

And with that impenetrable argument, my part in this conversation comes to a close.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 04, 2007, 02:49:19 PM
i dont care if Akiva Goldsman won an Oscar it still doesnt change the fact that this guy sucks.

And with that impenetrable argument, my part in this conversation comes to a close.

good  ::)

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 04, 2007, 02:49:19 PM

anyway off topic but i just wanna say thanx for giving me all the info on the alien movies as well.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Actually, the answers I gave were all incorrect.  We'll call it even for the rolling eyes, shall we?  :)

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 04, 2007, 03:02:28 PM
Actually, the answers I gave were all incorrect.  We'll call it even for the rolling eyes, shall we?  :)

ok  :)

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

I understand, but it is like Paul Anderson being an OK director for Event Horizon but not for AVP...

Joel Shumacher directed 'Batman and Robin' but also 'A Time to Kill'...

Trouble is that Akiva and Shane are different in this sense: Shane wrote two scripts of the same franchise (AVP and AVPR), Akiva wrote a superhero comic movie and a drama... two different genres... get the difference...?

So, that comparison is close, but no cigar...

people are more comfortable in a genre than in another... Joss Whedon did a good serenity script but a lousy AR one... That can happen...

Shane's first major test flaied, and the first draft of the second too...so you understand why people are weary of him... ;)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Oct 04, 2007, 03:11:59 PM
Akiva wrote a superhero comic movie and a drama... two different genres... get the difference...?
Yeah, I get it, but you helped me out with another example.  Two futuristic sci-fi films:
QuoteJoss Whedon did a good Serenity script but a lousy AR one... That can happen...

Quoteso you understand why people are weary of him... ;)
Most certainly.  I ain't arguin' for the guy, I'm playing devil's advocate.  Some people like to bitch, others to defend...I like the middle of the road.

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Oct 04, 2007, 03:11:59 PM

I understand, but it is like Paul Anderson being an OK director for Event Horizon but not for AVP...

Joel Shumacher directed 'Batman and Robin' but also 'A Time to Kill'...

Except Even Horizon is not completly P.Anderson's work. He know nothing about How can make a movie with Blood, Gore and with scary moments. At that way comes the help for Paul.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed