Thinking about buying this game.

Started by salomonj, Feb 24, 2017, 11:46:25 PM

Author
Thinking about buying this game. (Read 2,999 times)

Alien&PredatorFanBoy

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Guts on Mar 22, 2017, 04:11:07 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2017, 10:42:49 AM
How did that effect the experience?

Well so far. It makes the Alien less clingy, it still shows up during scripted events. But it's more prone to venturing all over the level rather than simply a 15 feet radius to where-ever you're at.

Is it more or less tense though?

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 22, 2017, 09:47:22 AM
Quote from: Guts on Mar 22, 2017, 04:11:07 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2017, 10:42:49 AM
How did that effect the experience?

Well so far. It makes the Alien less clingy, it still shows up during scripted events. But it's more prone to venturing all over the level rather than simply a 15 feet radius to where-ever you're at. However, i tested it out, Alien was a far ways away. I fired my gun and the Alien was on my ass within 5 seconds flat.

Is it more or less tense though?

Just as Tense. It still goes through the normal search patterns ect. It's just has the leash removed. Which was one of my complaints back when i played it on PS4 that it never seemed to be more than 20 feet from me all the time (Somehow i knew where i was within the level)

TBH if anything it makes it makes the Alien more tense because you can't predict when it's gonna come out or where. After a while when i played the game on PS4, i got used to the Alien Pattern somewhat. You may have instances where you get some downtime to explore slightly and appreciate the game without the feeling of constantly being rushed because the alien is literally always one room behind you. however i tested it out, Alien was a far ways away. I fired my gun and the Alien was on my ass within 5 seconds flat even when i hid under a table, it knew roughly where i was at room wise.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/unpredictable-alien-mod

To quote the mod.

"I wished to try my hand at slightly tweaking the Alien AI to have wider ranges in stalking, patrolling, taking breaks, because it seemed like a good way to at least simulate more unpredictability, of when and where the alien will pop up."

Give it a shot :D

Kimo

Kimo

Being an Alien fan, i would say it's a must buy and probably one of the best Alien games ever made. However I've recommended it to some friends who are regular gamers and they hated the hide and seek style of game play. So don't go in to this thinking it's gunna be a shooter were you can blast loads of Aliens away. It's basically a hide and seek game were you have to use your wits to avoid the alien and working Joe's.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed