Prometheus Teaser Trailer Analysis

Started by Darkness, Dec 23, 2011, 06:01:26 PM

Author
Prometheus Teaser Trailer Analysis (Read 57,328 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 30, 2011, 10:56:17 AM
The ship we see seems way too small for intergalactic travel. It also seems to be able to land on ground just fine. So why would they even need the Magellan? The UFO we see in the trailer could in fact be Prometheus.

We already know that the human ship is called Prometheus.

whiterabbit

Quote from: OpenMaw on Dec 30, 2011, 11:50:55 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 30, 2011, 10:56:17 AM
The ship we see seems way too small for intergalactic travel. It also seems to be able to land on ground just fine. So why would they even need the Magellan? The UFO we see in the trailer could in fact be Prometheus.

We already know that the human ship is called Prometheus.
Why can't the UFO be man made?

Mustangjeff

I would be surprised if the round UFO was of human origin.  You can see some markings or writing on the bottom if you take a 1080P resolution image of the saucer and play around with the brightness/contrast.  Those markings don't really scream human to me.  Just my opinion though.  I have a feeling I'll be wrong about a great many assumptions I've made  ;)

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Dec 30, 2011, 02:15:35 PM
I would be surprised if the round UFO was of human origin.  You can see some markings or writing on the bottom if you take a 1080P resolution image of the saucer and play around with the brightness/contrast.  Those markings don't really scream human to me.  Just my opinion though.  I have a feeling I'll be wrong about a great many assumptions I've made  ;)

I agree...

If you look at our own military we employ a variety of aircraft.  If someone who had never been exposed to the outside world discovered a single aircraft, it would not be representative of every aircraft in use.  I'm sure even in the future with much advanced technology this will be true.

Jaszczur123

See? Looks like earth

Master

Master

Quote from: Jaszczur123 on Dec 30, 2011, 04:59:50 PM

See? Looks like earth

I see... yeah you are probably right. Welcome by the way, it`s nice to have another member from our beautifull country.

Mustangjeff

See? Looks like earth

Hmm, dunno.  When I look at a raw hi-res image without lines I really don't see it.

Glaive

Glaive

See? Looks like earth

"YOU are Slartibartfast...and I claim my 5 dollars..."

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 23, 2011, 06:01:26 PM
Next we have a shot of Noomi Rapace in a lot of pain. This is where the shot of her stomach enlarging would be I assume. She gives birth to something and survives.

She gets raped in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  She obviously gets raped in Prometheus by something too.  Is anybody else worried that Noomi Rapace is going to be typecast as someone who gets raped in all of her movies?

I am.

Glaive

Glaive

WTF?????

...she didn't get raped in either 'Played with Fire', 'Hornet's Nest', 'Game of Shadows'; and I'm curious how you KNOW what happens in 'Prometheus'..."OBVIOUSLY"??

...weirdo.

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Glaive on Dec 30, 2011, 06:42:22 PM
WTF?????

...she didn't get raped in either 'Played with Fire', 'Hornet's Nest', 'Game of Shadows'; and I'm curious how you KNOW what happens in 'Prometheus'..."OBVIOUSLY"??

...weirdo.

I think he's on to something. There's subtle clues in the trailer that she does get assaulted. It could very well be that Rapace plays "the bitch who gets raped in movies" who knows?

Glaive

Glaive

What?
You mean like the " 'alien-tail' going between Brett's legs ...but it's edited to look like Lambert's being raped, so we'll just grin and go along with it??" kinda thing?

Well, carry on!!

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Glaive on Dec 30, 2011, 07:18:57 PM
What?
You mean like the " 'alien-tail' going between Brett's legs ...but it's edited to look like Lambert's being raped, so we'll just grin and go along with it??" kinda thing?

Well, carry on!!

Bro, I'm talking about Prometheus, not Alien.  Besides was it ever explicity stated that the Xeno actually "raped" Lambert? I highly doubt the Alien "sticks" its tail up there; that just plain grosses me out and doesn't seem like something the Alien would do.

Glaive

Glaive

"There's subtle clues in the trailer that she does get assaulted."

Guess they're REALLY subtle, then.

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Glaive on Dec 30, 2011, 07:31:40 PM
"There's subtle clues in the trailer that she does get assaulted."

Guess they're REALLY subtle, then.

Well first, we see her all bloodied up about to collapse and then earlier in the trailer we see a guy looking overly remorseful and we can see a feminine figure in bed next to him..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed