[CANCERBLACK] Presents: Sketches and Scribbles 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Started by [cancerblack], Dec 19, 2013, 10:19:18 PM

Author
[CANCERBLACK] Presents: Sketches and Scribbles 2 - Electric Boogaloo (Read 1,552 times)

[cancerblack]

Hi all, and welcome to my second art thread. My 2013 thread was lots of fun, so I'd like to give a big thank-you to those who were following it. However, between the low traffic in the Fan Art section and the fact that less and less of what I posted was Alien-related as the thread went on, I felt that I should split things up, move them 'round and generally get more organised for 2014. In that spirit, I've set this thread up for general art, while my fan-projects will have their own threads as I get enough done on them to warrant it.

Previous Thread:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=48306

A few highlights from 2013:

Spoiler

[close]

Fan-Comic Teaser:

Spoiler
[close]

And now, onto some new work:

Something different to begin the thread - a Fantasy piece. I was really trying to design an Elf that wasn't some sort of sub-type and had a lot of Celtic influence, I'm quite happy with the result:

ShadowPred

Dat elongated Elf. Who is she after? She's got a knife, I assume whatever she was targeting is about to get that mercy kill.

[cancerblack]

Fast like lightning into this thread too, Shadow!

I'd say she's going after an interloper in her forest, although I suppose it could just as easily depict a benign hunt.

I've been goofing about with my own fantasy setting (taking heavily from Tolkein, DnD, Warhammer etc) and it's quite clear in my mind that these Elves, with their penchant for mercilessly killing those who voyage too deep into the woods and the old stories about them devouring said intruders in great banquets, are figures of superstition and fear to the local humans.

ShadowPred

Freaking Elves. Spookier by the minute.

[cancerblack]

MOAR!

Lots of this stuff is phone pics rather than scans, as it's been done on huge pieces of paper.

The Nightgaunt, concept work for a stage costume:

Spoiler

[close]

A couple of models:

Spoiler

[close]

A pair of random monsters:

Spoiler

[close]

ShadowPred

Jeebus, I'm a fan of the models now.

Space Sweeper

[cancerblack]

Thanks guys. :) I hope to have a bit more posted both here and in Prometheus: Redux soon.

Aspie

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Jan 02, 2014, 05:13:00 AM

UNF, looks like a fusion of an Xenomorph and an a Drej from Titan A.E.

Me likey.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Thanks Aspie.

Today, some random Aliens inspired by a discussion about the old Kenner toys. They're all variations on the same illustration.

Bull Alien:

Spoiler

[close]

Rhino Alien:

Spoiler

[close]

My preferred design for a large, quadrupedal Alien:

Spoiler

[close]

ShadowPred

Where is the Cheetah Alien?!

[cancerblack]

The panther alien was already badass, he doesn't even need an update.  :P

[cancerblack]

W.I.P:

After much whiskey, We Predator Now.

ShadowPred

f**king neat, takes me back to the days (a decade ago) when I was drawing predators in all my notebooks with my pen. UNF, dat nostalgia. Nice work brudda.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed