Break the Code! (PS New Production Still)

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 19, 2016, 08:04:57 PM

Author
Break the Code! (PS New Production Still) (Read 29,125 times)

nachoninja

Ar15's, Eotech and ACOG sights, set 100 years in the future? I absolutely hate when they use current weappns in far future set movies and assume people will ignore it or are too dumb to notice it. Reeks of lazy  filmamking and a disregard for details. Hope this isnt a real photo set in the Alien Covenant time period.

Russ840

Man That's such a great score in the film

lv_226

Quote from: nachoninja on Dec 19, 2016, 08:52:31 PM
Ar15's, Eotech and ACOG sights, set 100 years in the future? I absolutely hate when they use current weappns in far future set movies and assume people will ignore it or are too dumb to notice it. Reeks of lazy  filmamking and a disregard for details. Hope this isnt a real photo set in the Alien Covenant time period.
Don't forget Hicks' shotgun in Aliens... even further into the future than this!  ::)

Predatorium

Agree totally. I also really hope this isn't the weaponry used in the movie! I mean what's wrong with some MK1 pulse rifles or something?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Predatorium on Dec 19, 2016, 08:49:41 PM
wth, current day M4-variant rifle?? totally took me out of it...:(

Yeah, not digging on the hardware but I guess it's just not Ridley's bag.

Russ840

Does not really bother too much regarding current gen weapons in films set 90 years in the future.

I'm mean the AK47 is still used today and that was first built in 1947.

oduodu

Five past ten PM
21 may 2104

SM

Weren't the Sulaco weapon racks stocked up with contemporary weaponry?

Russ840

Quote from: SM on Dec 19, 2016, 08:58:13 PM
Weren't the Sulaco weapon racks stocked up with contemporary weaponry?

I pretty sure that next to all the pulse rifles there was a rack of some type of Assult rifle which existed at the time of filming.

Along with the use of existing pistols and the shot gun. I think this is ok

NickisSmart

I don't understand the complaints about the weapons. The pistol Vasquez used was an unmodified weapon from WWII. In that case, though, probably only vintage weapon buffs would've recognized it. Still, the pulse rifle was merely a Thompson sub-machine gun with some futuristic casing slapped onto it. Perhaps we'll see something similar in this new film?

Predatorium

Black Alien Down...MURICA...that's the feeling I'm getting now and I'm not liking it :'(

Kailem

Along with the fact that it takes place much earlier than Aliens you could always just rationalise it that this is more likely the lower-tech "colony ship security"-type weaponry rather than the more advanced stuff the actual colonial marines had in Aliens. It is a little noticeable yes, but it's not something that particularly bothers me.

I'm just looking forward to finally seeing the trailer!  ;D

nachoninja

One guy carrying an old timeless pump shotgun as a personal backup I don't mind, but pretending cutting edge security forces will be carrying an M4 with current day sights (meaning no change in battery technology in 100 years) is ridiculous.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Mrcreosote on Dec 19, 2016, 08:09:41 PM
Look like early marines

Weyland-Yutani security = their own special forces.

whiterabbit

Jurassic World here we come.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed