The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel

Started by felix, Dec 13, 2017, 09:51:09 PM

Author
The Predator: Hunters And Hunted Official Movie Prequel (Read 48,848 times)

Corporal Hicks

That's unfortunate but as long as it still comes out before the film, I'm happy.

felix

Amazon has a new synopsis for the book.

"For centuries Earth has been visited by warlike creatures that stalk mankind's finest warriors. Their goals unknown, these deadly hunters kill their prey and depart as invisibly as they arrived, leaving no trace other than a trail of bodies.

When Roger Elliott faced such a creature during the Vietnam War, he didn't expect to survive. Nor did he expect that, decades later, he would train the Reavers, a clandestine strike force attached to Project Stargazer. Their mission: to capture one of the creatures, thus proving its existence, disassembling its tech, and balancing the odds between the HUNTERS AND HUNTED."

Huggs

Quote from: felix on Jun 11, 2018, 01:43:38 AM
Amazon has a new synopsis for the book.

"For centuries Earth has been visited by warlike creatures that stalk mankind's finest warriors. Their goals unknown, these deadly hunters kill their prey and depart as invisibly as they arrived, leaving no trace other than a trail of bodies.

When Roger Elliott faced such a creature during the Vietnam War, he didn't expect to survive. Nor did he expect that, decades later, he would train the Reavers, a clandestine strike force attached to Project Stargazer. Their mission: to capture one of the creatures, thus proving its existence, disassembling its tech, and balancing the odds between the HUNTERS AND HUNTED."

That actually doesn't sound too bad. I'm intrigued.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, that sounds pretty interesting! I'm quite keen to give this one a read.

felix

I just love Predator stories (Yuatja not Hish though).

Hope Titan Books gives us another Omnibus (South China Sea and Turnabout would be nice).

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, hopefully Titan will put out the DH Press novels for Predator. It'd be awesome if Turnabout and South China Sea were more readily available to the readership. They're fantastic novels that Predator fans need to read.

felix

South China Sea just begs to be turned into a movie. An Exotic Island. A Killer Croc. A Viet General with his own private army.

HuDaFuK

That is a pretty interesting-sounding synopsis.

Ultramorph

Sounds like a fun story. At least it has a Predator in it!

Xenomorphine

Wish they'd done their homework and called it Project Moon Dust or Project Blue Fly. There's real historical documentation they could have worked into how those operated.

Primarily for retrieving/analysing crashed Soviet and Chinese hardware from space, but their remit would obviously cross over into handling ET technology, should any be located

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/01/ufos-and-project-moon-dust/

HybridNewborn

Oh man that sounds great! Can't wait :)

End of next month, yeh?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 11, 2018, 05:14:47 PM
Wish they'd done their homework and called it Project Moon Dust or Project Blue Fly. There's real historical documentation they could have worked into how those operated.

Primarily for retrieving/analysing crashed Soviet and Chinese hardware from space, but their remit would obviously cross over into handling ET technology, should any be located

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/01/ufos-and-project-moon-dust/

I was actually a little disappointed they didn't follow on with the OWLF organisation but that's a through-line for The Predator movie rather than just this book.

Corporal Hicks

Got my review copy this morning -

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed