Possible Prometheus Creature Pictures Leaked

Started by ikarop, Jan 10, 2012, 11:04:59 PM

Author
Possible Prometheus Creature Pictures Leaked (Read 70,183 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I think what we hate is that we've lived for 30+ years imagining what we've wanted...and Ridley has returned saying "well this is what I think it is." It's never been confirmed what the Space Jockey race was or is....it's all been pure fan speculation. Now, we're about to get concrete proof in the form of a film possibly explaining it even more. If the SJ is humanoid, it's not bad, it's just not what we've been imagining all these years. Let's give Scott some space (no pun intended) to flesh out his ideas before we call it bollocks!???

Kol

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Jan 12, 2012, 06:08:17 PM
Quote from: Kol on Jan 12, 2012, 03:05:24 PM
@ Mustangjeff:

to me it doesn't make much sense that the alien inside the suit, looks exactly (or with a subtle change) like the suit.
do astronauts look like a space suit, when taking it off?  :laugh:

maybe the suit is deforming, after death. like the whole jockey ship, maybe...

True, but our space suits do have the same general shape; round head, two arms, two legs, etc.  And, we of course don't have biomechanical technology  :D  It could be a matter of form fitting function.  Our suits simply allow us to survive in a vacuum, where their suits, being partly organic and mechanical, are an extension of their body. 

To me the object being scanned is flat across the bottom with a large opening so it could go over the top of a head, while the head in the newly leaked images actually extends down into a neck that would fit on an actors head.

I figure if I speculate enough I'll have to get something right..  Maybe..

i don't get one thing: why has THE SUIT to look exactly as his wearer??  ???
the bald guy could wear that helmet, too.

if the jockey suit adapts the wearer appearance and change the look, depending on it's dna, that would be the contrary effect of a chestburster; that uses the dna of the host to evolve and look like it's host (bipedal, etc.).

QuoteHowever in the shorter version, the man who does an English voice over during the Giger's section says

his accent: just hilarious!  :D

ViperBlue

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 12, 2012, 11:39:00 PM
I think what we hate is the we've lived for 30+ years imagining what we've wanted...and Ridley has returned saying "well this is what I think it is." It's never been confirmed what the Space Jockey race was or is....it's all been pure fan speculation. Now, we're about to get concrete proof in the form of a film possibly explaining it even more. If the SJ is humanoid, it's not bad, it's just not what we've been imagining all these years. Let's give Scott some space (no pun intended) to flesh out his ideas before we call it bollocks!???

Well said!

ChrisPachi

If this prop is not a head, then I am thinking that the helmet/faceplate/gas mask thing it represents is a living device and is the way that the new aliens, whatever they are, procreate. Shaw may be captured and have this thing forcefully 'installed', after which she is released or escapes, all knocked up with something. This idea could then somehow follow on to the life cycle for the original alien, being a modified evolution of the same process. Shaw could even give birth to it's progenitor; something that is then taken by her abusers for their own nefarious purposes.

-Chris

Cecil

Cecil

You know, it kind of makes sense that it is a mask, or a whole suit. Because well, if it was really bone, and the trunk is attached to the chest, that's what it looks like to me at least, and if that is the case, how would a Facehugger ever get to impregnate it? It was covering the front of Jockey's mouth. And we can clearly see the Jockey was "chest bursted."

So I think it would have to be a mask for this to happen, the Jockey must not have been wearing it at the time that the Facehugger impregnated it.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Cecil on Jan 13, 2012, 04:46:29 AMSo I think it would have to be a mask for this to happen, the Jockey must not have been wearing it at the time that the Facehugger impregnated it.

The Jockey's mouth is open, so the facehugger still had 'access' (ugh). The other possibility is that there was no facehugger at all but rather the mask it wears is somehow the breeding device. An idea was posted a while back that the SJ was chestbursted out of necessity due to the SJ being in distress or dead.

I myself have always wondered why the SJ seems to have a reversed rib cage, the ribs coming from the back and touching, but not joining, at the front. It could be that they give birth this way and the SJ being dead forced the 'baby' to break it's way free. Humans, same thing.

Quote from: PrometheusFire on Jan 13, 2012, 05:14:02 AM5: baby is born, everybody dies

A good summary of the entire series. 8)

-Chris

Cecil

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 13, 2012, 05:20:30 AM
Quote from: Cecil on Jan 13, 2012, 04:46:29 AMSo I think it would have to be a mask for this to happen, the Jockey must not have been wearing it at the time that the Facehugger impregnated it.

The Jockey's mouth is open, so the facehugger still had 'access' (ugh). The other possibility is that there was no facehugger at all but rather the mask it wears is somehow the breeding device. An idea was posted a while back that the SJ was chestbursted out of necessity due to the SJ being in distress or dead.

I myself have always wondered why the SJ seems to have a reversed rib cage, the ribs coming from the back and touching, but not joining, at the front. It could be that they give birth this way and the SJ being dead forced the 'baby' to break it's way free. Humans, same thing.

Hardly enough though, it would only have room from the sides, which isn't much at all, so it can't really get a good grip and the Jockey could easily knock it off itself.

danrald

The article states... "The image does look a bit like a Space Jockey but with some differences... the jutted out jaw looks very Xenomorph style and the top part of the skull screams 'facehugger'."

I think I've seen this image they are talking about.. I there is an image in the released trailer that I would like to share, but no one has caught on.. I've looked all over the web and no one has reported this image.. would anyone like to see.. I don't know who to go to with this... so I figured this is the best place.. right?

PrometheusFire

PrometheusFire

Whatever layed the egg that spawned the 1st chicken...............drum roll........... Was not a chicken!!!
Stop thinking an alien queen layed an egg that spawned a facehugger that impregnated a sj that burst out and became a queen that layed eggs in the basement of the sj craft blah blah blah

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Cecil on Jan 13, 2012, 06:27:35 AMHardly enough though, it would only have room from the sides, which isn't much at all, so it can't really get a good grip and the Jockey could easily knock it off itself.

Unless it was dead, or somehow incapacitated, or, by virtue of being in the chair, unable to move at all. One theme that stands out is that the Jockey is some kind of sacrificial lamb, a theme that has strong echoes of the Prometheus myth. The SJ is frozen in it's seat, as if it was in the middle of doing it's everyday thing - there are no signs of any kind of struggle.

-Chris

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Master on Jan 10, 2012, 11:16:34 PM
Wait a minute... Does this mean that what we always considered as part of Jockey`s face is actually some form of proto face hugger?

I quite often thought it was.  Interesting.

stroggificated

Rape trunk ready for action. Noomi can't wait.  :-* I come to the conclusion that Predators could be the prior form to the Space Jockeys. The Strause Brothers have had a pioneering idea.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Tough little S.O.B. on Jan 13, 2012, 10:57:49 AM
Quote from: Master on Jan 10, 2012, 11:16:34 PM
Wait a minute... Does this mean that what we always considered as part of Jockey`s face is actually some form of proto face hugger?

I quite often thought it was.  Interesting.

Very much so. Think of it this way: if you had to reconstruct where the alien came from in a way that tied faithfully back into the original film, you would take into account every aspect of the original monster. It's human-like form comes from it's host, but it's non-human-like aspects come from the SJ. Why does it have those seemingly useless 'tubes' on it's back? Maybe because it's 'parent' had the same thing in order to plug into the chair?

Why does it have a tail? Errr...

Acid for blood? Umm...

-Chris

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

I think that's about the size of it i.e. the xeno's will take their appearance (the bio/mechanical elements) from the SJ's.

1) Organism + SJ's = whatever is responsible for the eggs in Alien
2) Alien egg organism + Kane = the xeno we know and love
3) 2nd generation xeno + human = don't know. Perhaps if each parent, throughout each generation, were a human... the xeno's would themselves become more human in appearance??? We got an element of those more human qualities in Aliens, it could be argued

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: Darth Vile on Jan 13, 2012, 12:44:19 PM
3) 2nd generation xeno + human = don't know. Perhaps if each parent, throughout each generation, were a human... the xeno's would themselves become more human in appearance??? We got an element of those more human qualities in Aliens, it could be argued

I don't think you can breed the "alien" out of the Alien.  On that theory given enough generations a human embryo would be implanted...

My assumption has always been that the Xeno's were created and as such will function the same unless genetically tampered with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed