Possible Prometheus Creature Pictures Leaked

Started by ikarop, Jan 10, 2012, 11:04:59 PM

Author
Possible Prometheus Creature Pictures Leaked (Read 70,183 times)

Infected

I think the bald giant and the jockey are not the same beings.
Probably enemy's the decapitated jockey doesnt make any sense i think the jockey's are the advanced race and the giant guy/race is after what they got.

nendo

nendo

I don't think it is a facehugger as we know it. The face hugger design could of been originaly thought up to supply oxygen to the wearer (but later used as a bio weapon delivery system. We all know the facehugger keeps the victim alive when its planting its seed. What if the space jockey suit is part facehugger in the sense its more of an oxygen feeding device to the wearer.

You have the humanoid face with the attached "facehugger" (to provide oxygen) and then on top of that you have an outer skeleton for protection.

Quote from: locusta on Jan 11, 2012, 06:49:13 PM
Only problem I have with this pictures is, that they don´t show the quality of sculpt which would be usual for a multi million flick production.

its prob a prototype testing the mold and casting methods

Snowdog

Quote from: nendo on Jan 12, 2012, 02:01:45 PM
I don't think it is a facehugger as we know it. The face hugger design could of been originaly thought up to supply oxygen to the wearer (but later used as a bio weapon delivery system. We all know the facehugger keeps the victim alive when its planting its seed. What if the space jockey suit is part facehugger in the sense its more of an oxygen feeding device to the wearer.

You have the humanoid face with the attached "facehugger" (to provide oxygen) and then on top of that you have an outer skeleton for protection.

Only problem I have with this pictures is, that they don´t show the quality of sculpt which would be usual for a multi million flick production.

Damn dude that is a pretty nice theory you got there :) Would be cool to see that. Also explains the Jockey from alien. Wrong facehugger strapped on ? :laugh: :laugh:

Mustangjeff

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 12, 2012, 01:57:47 PM
Quote from: Xenomoron on Jan 12, 2012, 12:20:36 AM
There is no way that is a mask.  It would be just so, well....stupid!  Why would a being that has some futuristic looking biomechanical body suit put on something that looks like an organic/fleshy second skin as a face mask?  That would be like me all decked out in hockey gear putting on a couple of slices of mortadella on my head and calling it a face mask.   At least have something more technologicically advanced.  Seriously, why would you, as a being with a nose, a mouth, ears and eyes out on something that is just another version of a nose, a mouth....?  To what end?  How does he put it on, like those old wrestling masks the Killer Bees used to wear--tying it with strings at the back? ;) Just because Ridley says that the Space Jockey wears a suit, it doesn't mean that this head we see here has to be a mask, or that there will be no real alien presence in the film apart from a humanoid in disguise.  At the risk of being proven wrong, this, to me, is a legitimate being in its own right.

I hope.

Just to be clear, I'm not calling any speculations stupid.  I'm just saying if Ridley did this, to me, it would be pretty far fetched.  But I would wait to see the film first, of course!

I think you misread it. They only said it's a prosthetic mask designed specifically for an actor to wear. Pretty much like any other Predator, River Ghost, etc... creature prosthetic masks. The SJ could be a suit as suggested in previous interviews. But it's neither confirmed, denied or suggested by these pictures. It could be anything.

I think we have some confusion over the definition of a Space Jockey.

Is the Space Jockey the Biomechanical suit as seen in the ampule room photos, or is the Space Jockey the alien creature that wears the suit, or is the space jockey the big blue bald guy in the trailer?

Obviously the new images look very much like the image in the trailer of the head/helmet being scanned.  Same basic shape, but in my opinion the head object being scanned is too large for an actor to wear as a prosthetic creature mask.  I think it's the actual biomechanical helmet for the biomechanical suit laying in the ampule room.

The new images are supposedly a prosthetic creature mask for an actor to wear who is portraying an alien creature (not the Xeno Alien).  I think this is the true face of the alien who wears the biomechanical suit.

So...

New head images + Actor = Alien species
Helmet being scanned + torso and legs in ampule room = Biomechanical suit that above alien wears

Big blue bald guy = something else..  The Engineer/God being who created humans and above alien species.

My opinion of course.

Kol

@ Mustangjeff:

to me it doesn't make much sense that the alien inside the suit, looks exactly (or with a subtle change) like the suit.
do astronauts look like a space suit, when taking it off?  :laugh:

maybe the suit is deforming, after death. like the whole jockey ship, maybe...

BioMechanical

BioMechanical

If the SJ's seeded earth, it would just make more sense that they look like us. We are obviously not from this planet. Seems a small group of us were stranded here long ago, from whence we came the knowledge was lost, or so it seems. There is no equilibrium with us and this planet.  If you look at our whole demeanor, in how we operate, we operate on this rock like the SJ's. We are extracting as much as we can from this place and are not putting anything back.  Soon it will be time for us to move to the next rock like before.

After all, we are truly evil beings (SJ's). We only mask our evilness with religion and smiley glad hands, we all have hidden agendas. Deep down it's what I do for you, you do for me, mentality. I think this movie will show us what we will become if something doesn't change within us. But highly doubt we will deviate.

ThisBethesdaSea

It's a bio-mecanichal suit. That should end this debate. ;) I imagine the suit forming and growing over the SJ when it sits in the chair?

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Taxemic on Jan 12, 2012, 10:21:41 AM
Yeah but I never said that a facehugger wouldn't have an issue impregnating an animal in similar size and appearance to a human, although it did leave scars all over the dogs face suggesting less complications when impregnating human beings. Maybe even something as big as an Ox. But come on man, I said elephant, And the ones I've seen are bigger than rottweilers...and ox's. And my main reason for using an elephant as an example was that they have a trunk, ala space jockey style. Ok, so maybe it's a suit and the hugger impregnated whatever was inside first but I never assumed this from watching ALIEN. I'm personally not too keen on the idea. But I was just saying that since the first time watching ALIEN many moons ago I have wondered how a facehugger can bypass a trunk and successfully impregnate a creature of that size and shape, unless the hugger was considerably bigger than the ones we've seen.

Size is really no issue. :) Like I said, a trunk wouldn't matter - it'd either just get underneath it or clamp down and push the ovipositor around one side of it.

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Jan 12, 2012, 01:35:44 PM
so it is possible that the fossilized jockey in alien is a creature in suit with fossilized facehugger on it's face...no trunk, just facehuggers tail.

That wouldn't explained why the original's alleged tail would have fused with the sternum and ribs. Or why it didn't simply scurry away when the job was done, like the one with Kane had done.

Or why legs are missing... If it hasn't got any limbs and the tail isn't being used to wrap around the neck, how is it meant to stay on and not be dislodged?

Mustangjeff

Quote from: Kol on Jan 12, 2012, 03:05:24 PM
@ Mustangjeff:

to me it doesn't make much sense that the alien inside the suit, looks exactly (or with a subtle change) like the suit.
do astronauts look like a space suit, when taking it off?  :laugh:

maybe the suit is deforming, after death. like the whole jockey ship, maybe...

True, but our space suits do have the same general shape; round head, two arms, two legs, etc.  And, we of course don't have biomechanical technology  :D  It could be a matter of form fitting function.  Our suits simply allow us to survive in a vacuum, where their suits, being partly organic and mechanical, are an extension of their body. 

To me the object being scanned is flat across the bottom with a large opening so it could go over the top of a head, while the head in the newly leaked images actually extends down into a neck that would fit on an actors head.

I figure if I speculate enough I'll have to get something right..  Maybe..

Jenga

Quote from: nendo on Jan 12, 2012, 02:01:45 PM

Think the idea of an earlier biological mask/respirator that inspires the facehugger biological design is really interesting. I'm very much of the mind that H.R. Geiger designs many biomechanoids (as RS likes to call them) with very similar features and visual ideas. My guess is we'll never see anything as indepth as direct hinting to anything like the design progression we are discussing. I think that is the kind of conjecture that is sadly only left up to the ubernerds like us :)

As for the locusta's comment about the quality of sculpt, I disagree completely. What we are seeing here is a raw latex mask pulled right out of the mold. They would look exactly like this before they are finished and and lit. That said that is a pretty nasty parting line/seam along the nose/trunk and the sides do like somewhat mismatched but seriously, this is how a latex mask looks when pulled. Painting does more than just add a realistic color and texture, it also is used to enhance and the effect of crevices and lines in a creatures face by painting them to look deeper than they really are in the sculpt. You can't make things too deep or you will have trouble demolding.

Xenomoron

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 12, 2012, 01:57:47 PM
Quote from: Xenomoron on Jan 12, 2012, 12:20:36 AM
There is no way that is a mask.  It would be just so, well....stupid!  Why would a being that has some futuristic looking biomechanical body suit put on something that looks like an organic/fleshy second skin as a face mask?  That would be like me all decked out in hockey gear putting on a couple of slices of mortadella on my head and calling it a face mask.   At least have something more technologicically advanced.  Seriously, why would you, as a being with a nose, a mouth, ears and eyes out on something that is just another version of a nose, a mouth....?  To what end?  How does he put it on, like those old wrestling masks the Killer Bees used to wear--tying it with strings at the back? ;) Just because Ridley says that the Space Jockey wears a suit, it doesn't mean that this head we see here has to be a mask, or that there will be no real alien presence in the film apart from a humanoid in disguise.  At the risk of being proven wrong, this, to me, is a legitimate being in its own right.

I hope.

Just to be clear, I'm not calling any speculations stupid.  I'm just saying if Ridley did this, to me, it would be pretty far fetched.  But I would wait to see the film first, of course!

I think you misread it. They only said it's a prosthetic mask designed specifically for an actor to wear. Pretty much like any other Predator, River Ghost, etc... creature prosthetic masks. The SJ could be a suit as suggested in previous interviews. But it's neither confirmed, denied or suggested by these pictures. It could be anything.

No, I was specifically talking about the ridiculousness of the  SJ "character" wearing the mask, not the actor playing the character wearing it.  All I am trying to say, since many assume the bald guy to be the jockey, is it would be pretty ridiculous if a mask he wears (if he does wear a mask) makes him look like the bust we see leaked in this thread.  Conceptually, it would make no sense for a flesh and bones mask to cover a flesh and bones face.  That's why I don't think the bald guy is the jockey.  I think that bust is a being in its own right, and not just a masked humanoid being..

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Effectz on Jan 12, 2012, 12:55:55 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 12, 2012, 06:06:11 AM
Quote from: Jenga on Jan 11, 2012, 10:27:25 PM1) It appears the bald guy is wearing some kind of biomechanical suit in the below picture. 2) He's huge! He is big enough to fit in the chair
I don't think so. He may be big, but he is half the size of the original Jockey. The chair is far too big for him, ergo the Space Jockey is something else entirely.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee395/ChrisPachi/SJ_Arms.jpg

-Chris

The spacejockey from ALIEN was a suit,with the suit on he would fit in the chair,why do you think this thread was started,the leaked pictures of the spacejockey head is a helmet.

It has been stated many times that it's a suit.
I know Scott has said that the original Jockey is a suit, but we don't know whether the leaked prop is a helmet or not - there isn't even consensus about whether the head in the trailer is a helmet or a skull. All evidence seems to suggest it is part of a suit, but we don't know for sure.

Just my own opinion of course, but I can't accept that the bald humanoid in the trailer can don a Jockey suit and magically double in size, which he would need to do to be even close to fitting into the chair like the original Jockey did (his arm is half the length of the originals). That's why I am saying that this bald fella, even with a Jockey helmet on, is not the same being as the Space Jockey in the original film. There are too many differences, size being just one of them.

If indeed his suit is the size of the original Jockey, then he needs a new tailor. ;)

-Chris

Deuterium

ARGHHHHHH!!!!

I hate the "jockey is a humanoid in a suit" concept.  Why of why Ridley did you decide this was the way to go???

IMHO, it completely demystifies the "alieness" of Giger's iconic Space Jockey.  The original Space Jockey is so surreal, and un-wordly.  I loved the blend of bio-mechanical and organic design.  I loved the concept that the Derelict ship, and "perhaps" the crew was grown rather than "built".  The twisted, unsettling imagery and question of where did the Space Jockey begin and where did it's console leave off, is pretty unique (or at least was) in all of Science-fiction.

Somehow, the concept that it is just something "in a suit", makes it so pedestrian and "terrestrial".

Of course, I hope that Ridley pulls this off, and takes this in new direction, and by NO MEANS am I writing this off.  But, as it stands now, I am not enamored with this concept.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: deuterium on Jan 12, 2012, 09:18:40 PMI hate the "jockey is a humanoid in a suit" concept.  Why of why Ridley did you decide this was the way to go???

I hate the idea as well, but for some reason have faith that Ridley understands these things and has the same level of respect for the source material as we do.

-Chris

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I suppose another thing to think about is that certain entities in Giger's paintings, I assume the Necronom series as well , were supposed to be people in exoskeletons, perhaps one might think almost as protective suits, maybe Scott was somehow playing with that level of thought.

In the Longer version of "Alien Evolution" documentary Giger said said "I wanted to make something that would be somehow human but that would also be robot-like, a kind of human that is protected from all kinds of external forces, be they weapons, radiation or whatever else. Instead of having their bones on the inside, they have them, partly at least, on the outside like an exo-skeleton. I mixed these together, this world of bones , mixed it with technical things, that's how these 'biomechanoids' came about from the interplay of the biological and the mechanical."

However in the shorter version, the man who does an English voice over during the Giger's section says ""I wanted to make something that would be somehow human but that would also be robot-like, that is to say a kind of human being that is protected  by bone. And I mixed these together, this world of bones , I mixed it with technical things, that's how these 'biomechanoids' came about, that is from the biological and the mechanical interplay of the two."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed