Possible Prometheus Creature Pictures Leaked

Started by ikarop, Jan 10, 2012, 11:04:59 PM

Author
Possible Prometheus Creature Pictures Leaked (Read 70,175 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I'm still laughing that people actually thought that the tube coming from the SJ suit was/is a proto facehugger!! LoL

On a related note...I'd love it if Ridley pushed the new design this direction....I've always believed this lil' guy is pretty terrfying.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 13, 2012, 03:55:18 PM
I'm still laughing that people actually thought that the tube coming from the SJ suit was/is a proto facehugger!! LoL

Well, there have been many discussions involving people thinking that the tube inserted into the old space jockey was a facehugger

Never say no to Panda!

Kol

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Jan 13, 2012, 04:15:10 PM

ich liebe dch!  ;D

there's the evidence. the jockey weared a facehugger, all along and now we know, that they don't just create the aliens and humans, but the predator, too!

you people should deal more with the ancient astronaut theory (prä-astronautik), instead of the dubious proto-facehugger.
aliens made US. i love it, that the movie deals with this theme.

ThisBethesdaSea

OH IT'S PREDATOR RELATED!!!!

THEY PROBABLY CREATED THE SPACE JOCKEYS AFTERALL...I WONDER IF RIDLEY WILL INCLUDE HOW THEY WERE MADE AND MAYBE WE'LL SEE A PROTO PREDATOR? AFTER ALL THE JUMPING GUY IN THE TRAILER LOOKS PREDATORISH!!!

FACT!!!!!!

LOLz....;)

Glaive

csm1013

There's no way this film has links to the Predator/AVP universe, pretty sure i read somewhere that Ridley thought the crossover films nearly killed the franchise.

Cecil

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Jan 13, 2012, 08:40:12 AM
Quote from: Cecil on Jan 13, 2012, 06:27:35 AMHardly enough though, it would only have room from the sides, which isn't much at all, so it can't really get a good grip and the Jockey could easily knock it off itself.

Unless it was dead, or somehow incapacitated, or, by virtue of being in the chair, unable to move at all. One theme that stands out is that the Jockey is some kind of sacrificial lamb, a theme that has strong echoes of the Prometheus myth. The SJ is frozen in it's seat, as if it was in the middle of doing it's everyday thing - there are no signs of any kind of struggle.

-Chris

I don't see the point of impregnating something that isn't living, you would think it needs a living source to do so. But the other thing you said interests me...

So instead of Prometheus being chained to a rock, (If that is how the "Prometheus" lore goes, I'm not 100 percent sure.) we have the Jockey attached to a chair?  Interesting, I never thought of it that way.

MrSpaceJockey

It's pretty obvious now, that the facehugger impregnanted the YAUTJA (Hish species, i.e. "The Predator"). 

God created the predator species, who breed humans through the ampule samples so they can hunt Homo sapiens sapiens for sport.  After the Prometheus crew mess around with TecHishnology, the facehugger species is born, attacks the PILOT YAUTJA (Reponsible for transporting human seed across the universe to hunt), and melts into the predators face.  As the rest of the metal jockey TRANSPORT SHIP turns into an organic and bone like form, the hugged pilot crashes the ship onto LV-426. The jockey "tube" is really the hugger tail attached to the Hish's face. The predalien is born and now, the remaining Yautja crew (Dall, Ripper, and Parckker), must team up with Noomi and Theron to defeat the new, xenomorph alien extraterrestrial species once and for all.

Deuterium

The above sculpture of Giger's original Alien 3 design, made me think of this...

I recently read that Giger came to dislike his inclusion of the "pipes" along the original Alien's dorsal spine/back.  I understand his artistic motivation for including these protrusions was in order to "break up the creatures human shape".  Frankly, I think this detail was a stroke of genius.  He probably came to view these as a bit  "tacky".  However, I think the fact that they are so outrageous, and do not make any obvious biological "sense", is what makes the creature all the more "alien" and surreal.

ThisBethesdaSea

*note*

The above all caps exuberant Predator rant was complete sarcasm aiming at those desperate for a Predator connection. I couldn't want anything less if I tried.

I also like the tubes on the original creature...I thought it contributed to its otherworldliness quite well. The tubes don't need to make sense because the alien itself doesn't make sense. The creature in ALIEN3 lacked them and it never felt balanced.

Cureguy1

Ok. I'm starting to buy into this two alien species theory here. SJ's and Engineers. One big thing is convincing me of this.The flying "saucer" ship seen over the waterfall seems like a distinctly different technology than that of the "derelict" ship on Acheron. Thus, TWO species.The "saucer" is something we have not seen before in the "Alien" universe.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 13, 2012, 11:29:34 PMThe tubes don't need to make sense because the alien itself doesn't make sense.

That's true, but if you are going back to deal with the creature's origins it may be something that you want to address. You might look closely at the creature and try to work out a logical evolutionary path to each and every aspect of it, at the very least to inform your future design decisions. It's kinda like creating exhaustive back stories for the crew of the Nostromo. It fleshes out the concepts and informs the film, even though it is never actually addressed on screen.

I like the idea of the tubes having some evolutionary function personally. A trait it inherits from it's parent. I'm betting the Jockey is going to have something very similar.

-Chris

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed