New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 114,795 times)

[cancerblack]

It's not even that, it's just all so tiresome at this point.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: R0N1N on Nov 21, 2020, 07:46:01 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 21, 2020, 07:32:44 PM
This f**king thread smh

I know, dude. People can't tell the difference between a strong female character and a Mary Sue. Realistic female characters who overcome the odds can and do work.

And why is this limited to "strong female character" vs "Mary Sue?" Does the fact that she's female even matter here? Shouldn't people be looking for "a character who [can] overcome the odds" regardless of gender?

One would think. But time and time again, we see that this conversation only ever really happens in the case of a female lead... which is absolutely disgusting.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 21, 2020, 07:55:10 PM
this conversation only ever really happens in the case of a female lead...

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 21, 2020, 07:49:28 PM
it's just all so tiresome 

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 21, 2020, 07:27:20 PM
Imagine if every male-lead action film got this kind of scrutiny the minute it was announced, with people analyzing and debating about whether or not the lead is "capable" of accomplishing his task based solely on his gender and concocting hypothetical reasons that might "justify" his ability to do so?

True.

Like for people who call themselves men, really do get their shit twisted like little whiny boys when a main female protagonist wants to achieve a different path in life than the normal cultural set. Also, dosent anyone remember that were female leads that did kill Predators the comics???

Plus, both Dutch, Harrigan, and Royce couldn't beat it in a straight up fight with pure strength alone, its all skills and wits from there. It always been either luck (Dutch finding and using the counter weight to smash Jungle Hunter), sheer will (Harrigan powers through fatigue and blood loss and thrusts the smart disk into City Hunter), or assistance (Isabelle shot Mr. Black with her rifle, giving Royce the edge in killing Mr. Black.)

Strength plays no real deciding main factor in any of these final battles. Seeing a Comache warrior woman taking on a Predator using skills and wits will be a joy to see. its about time Native actors get their time to shine!

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Nov 21, 2020, 07:59:49 PM
Like for people who call themselves men, really do get their shit twisted like little whiny boys

It's literally like toddlers. If they aren't getting 100% percent of the attention 100% of the time - tantrum.

And even if they were right, the end result is a bad movie nobody is making you watch?

Huggs

Hollywood makes the movies, so they get to make the decisions.

Nobody's going to be forced to watch the movie. It's a completely voluntary experience. See it, or skip it.

Gr33n M4n

I hope they don't screw up the Predator design.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: R0N1N on Nov 21, 2020, 08:06:00 PM
I hope they don't screw up the Predator design.

This is the actual issue at hand.

Gr33n M4n

Please god don't let it be a stupid Super-Predator. I hate those things more than the Crabators.

Nightmare Asylum

This sounds very back to basics. I wouldn't expect the Predator(s) to be anything out of left field. Probably a different face design, like Predator 2's compared to Predator's, so that it stands out as an individual, but it seems almost certain based on the premise that this will feature a classic Predator.

[cancerblack]

Yeah, I can't see them f**king with it too much in this case. On the off chance it's a female pred though, please spare us any lizard tits or chainmail bikinis.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 21, 2020, 08:25:35 PM
Yeah, I can't see them f**king with it too much in this case. On the off chance it's a female pred though, please spare us any lizard tits or chainmail bikinis.

^ This.

Gr33n M4n

I hate when they give female characters chainmail bikinis in medieval games/movies. It's like, you're literally exposing her vital organs. I can't see them doing that with a female Pred.

Jigsaw85

A predator decked out in wolf pelts might be neat.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: R0N1N on Nov 21, 2020, 08:39:17 PM
I hate when they give female characters chainmail bikinis in medieval games/movies. It's like, you're literally exposing her vital organs. I can't see them doing that with a female Pred.

An unfortunate number of people over the years have assumed that "female pred = big tits and a princess leia getup". Doesn't seem likely here at all (again on the small chance anyone bothers with a female predator in the first place), but it needed saying.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed