The Art and Making of The Predator

Started by felix, Dec 18, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Author
The Art and Making of The Predator (Read 35,194 times)

Ultramorph

^That's true, I had no idea Predators 2010 existed until a month before it came out.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Also I forgot to mention , if Arnold won't come back as Dutch , maybe Disney should reboot predator and start from scratch, so a new Dutch can be in sequels ? remake the original and start from there as your starting point and start building a coherent storyline that is worthy of sequels , i know that by me saying the original should be remade will not make me many friends here , but it is the only way predator can get out of the hole it's in , in terms of true franchise story telling and strong character development .

Maybe it's time ? What else could hurt this franchise  anymore than things have done ? now it has nothing to lose , a new remake might just work .. maybe .

Ironically the dark knight trilogy was a reboot , so it can be done , that's why I have faith the formula could fit nicely with predator . It's dying for a nolan like director , a strong cast , a realistic premise  and a marvel styled budget .

Oh my god

Oh my god

You guys are so dramatic the world is ending sky falling
I am excited for this movie no matter what. At somepoint if they keep making predator films something good will come out of it.
The dark knight made me realise this

PredatordiedwithKevin

PredatordiedwithKevin

Why bitch about fox? Adi created this atrocity. Single blade is trash and the party city armor is just hilarious. A majority of people here say you can't judge until you see it this film will be a disappointment on the Paul Anderson avp level.

goose_3387

Quote from: PredatordiedwithKevin on Mar 20, 2018, 04:47:38 AM
Why bitch about fox? Adi created this atrocity. Single blade is trash and the party city armor is just hilarious. A majority of people here say you can't judge until you see it this film will be a disappointment on the Paul Anderson avp level.

Should be interesting to see the reactions when we first see the naked Predator-Human hybrid upgrade thing...

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Since the Arnold Schwarzenegger is not in the politics anymore, they should and could do a story more focused on his "Dutch" character somehow, for example replace our baby Boyd Holdbrook and add Arnold instead in it. That possibility was 100% here before they even finish their final version of scenario. Why they decided to offer Arnold only a tiny, silly quick cameo in the end of movie is beyond my understanding.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: greygoose on Mar 20, 2018, 08:48:06 AM
Quote from: PredatordiedwithKevin on Mar 20, 2018, 04:47:38 AM

Should be interesting to see the reactions when we first see the naked Predator-Human hybrid upgrade thing...

He's not that naked  :laugh:

Original Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 19, 2018, 10:08:57 PM
^That's true, I had no idea Predators 2010 existed until a month before it came out.

I remember watching the NBA finals and them having a preview every-other commercial break.  They went on a barrage for a bit but unless you followed this site or others like it, you didn't know it was coming.

Hollywood

Quotefor example replace our baby Boyd Holdbrook and add Arnold instead in it

Boyd Holbrook is 36 years old, how is he a baby? Arnold is 70 and was/is busy making Killing Gunther, Triplets, and a journey to China movie (all great scripts simply because he is in a central role). There was a poll here on whether or not fans wanted him in a central role, and as you can see 65% did not choose that option:

Should Arnold Schwarzenegger star in the Predator Sequel?

Yes, as a cameo appearance. (51%)
Yes, as a central role. (35%)
No, not interested. (14%)
Total Voters: 6,841

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/polls/

QuoteWhy they decided to offer Arnold only a tiny, silly quick cameo in the end of movie is beyond my understanding.
Well it was the most popular choice of 6,841 fans  :P

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Hollywood -You act like they should do everything what fans want, yet they still made pretty nonsense things judging by the script, things that fans never ever want or even think about. I will rather see Arnold in the lead role instead of Predators in human cargo pants, do I need to continue? You are still forget on the fact that Arnold was asking Shane if they want to change the scenario in order to give him more potential in it, so Arnold propably has that time for it, why he will be asking in the first place if he will be busy? Another fact is, that they dont want to change the story just for Arnold, so. . I dont need to think anymore about anything here, actualky everything is obvious.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

And yes, Boyd Holdbrook is just a baby for me, I dont have anything against him as a person. But his face and overall look just doesnt convince me that he can fit in this movie, especially as the lead actor. How many movies that guy has behind him? I dont even think that he has that much experience as an actor. They wanted the Benicio Del Toro previously instead him, and I think that was far better and convincing idea, I was dissapointed when they said tha Benicio dont be in it.

goose_3387

I like Boyd. Thought he was good in Narcos.

Hollywood

Hollywood

QuoteHollywood -You act like they should do everything what fans want
No, not really, especially since many fans don't agree on a lot of things. I simply pointed out why it's not ridiculous to give Arnold a cameo - because it was actually a popular opinion.

Quoteyet they still made pretty nonsense things judging by the script, things that fans never ever want or even think about. I will rather see Arnold in the lead role instead of Predators in human cargo pants, do I need to continue?
How about the actual choice of Arnold or Boyd Holbrook, though? I honestly feel we have enough old guy action movies lol there's always the expendables and Bruce Willis' next sleepwalk if that's what people are looking for.

QuoteYou are still forget on the fact that Arnold was asking Shane if they want to change the scenario in order to give him more potential in it, so Arnold propably has that time for it, why he will be asking in the first place if he will be busy?
I didnt forget, the point was he will do work as long as he's in the central role, the quality of which is questionable. I'm sure people will say Arnold being the main character would've been better no matter what but I'd disagree based on his recent work. If he'd rather do Killing Gunther or something instead of a cameo in a Predator film there's no big worries for him or Shane.

True they wanted Del Toro first but they clearly see something in Holbrook (there's a story Fox is giving him the green light to star in and write a thriller called 'Thirst'), plus I think he was good in Logan. He wasn't the standout in Narcos but he also wasn't an issue for me with the way he looks.

He was good in Narcos, I only say he wasn't the standout because I'm a big fan of Pedro Pascal. I watched the series before Boyd was announced as the lead here though so maybe I'll rewatch and pay better attention haha

ELDERCLANLEADER

Usually I'm against it , as I think normally it's a cash in , but I think predator is different, it needs a reboot, I honestly believe the Disney take over will prove to be the best thing for predator/alien in the long run . But I think they should scrap the current universe and build a new one centred around Dutch , from the ground up in order to create worthy sequels that are coherent.

As iv said batman has been rebooted and turned out to be an absolute gem with the dark knight trilogy, the new planet of the apes comes to mind here too ,  I see no reason why predator can't do the same .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed