Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Teaser Trail...
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 11:28:48 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 03:05:57 AMThat's more like it.

You should have said "do it, give in to the dark side"  :laugh:
Last post by SiL - Today at 11:22:37 AM
The prequels are fairly consistent that the pathogen creates things that are capable of reproducing.

As a movie threat, the Alien has no advantages over the pathogen or pathogen created things outside of acid blood. It has restraints introduced that make it less threatening and less destructive than the alternatives.

If nostalgia weren't at play what we see in Covenant doesn't sell the Alien as anything special.
Quote from: The Cruentus on Yesterday at 01:08:49 PMI do find it's easier to rewatch than the prequels, if only because the lore's not as damaged by it compared to the prequels.

If find the pussification and gentrification of both the Alien and Predator infinitely more damaging than anything the prequels add. Visually and auditorily underwhelming as well. It also undermines the Alien as an entity if it has been successfully contained on Earth numerous times.
If you take it as a parody rather than a proper entry, Resurrection is enjoyable.
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 11:00:08 AM
The Pathogen during Alien Covenant's depiction; a spore that enters through just any orifice, kills you or results in a gangly pale translucent skinned humanoid with barely any discernable features save for sonetimes back spikes, a tail, a pointed head and a goblin shark like pharyngeal jaw. They only kill things.

It is without that sexual component, even the method of incubation comes across more like a parasitic coincidence, than something with a deliberate analogue. If you want that stuff with the Pathogen's representation you have to get much more convoluted with something like Prometheus.

On top of being deeply psychosexual the Alien causes amnesia and takes a longer time to incubate allowing farther spread of itself, the Facehugger's able to be independent but creation of a Chestburster's consistent, it can perpetuate itself infinitely through a hive structure that it is able to use as camouflage and it uses acid for blood.

Even half aside not featured in that film it is imbued with some pretty clear advantages.
Alien: Romulus / Re: What do you want to see in...
Last post by Corporal Hicks - Today at 10:51:58 AM
You're not carrying it into the other sub-boards. Stop before you start.
FX's Alien Series / Re: Alien TV Series From Noah ...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 10:47:01 AM
Don't get me wrong, that's a really good movie from a visual standpoint. Actors are great, and the underlying story is interesting.

But I really didn't like the treatment of that story. Doing weirder and weirder shit for the sake of it didn't get me anywhere.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Cailee Spaeny Interview
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 10:40:26 AM
I'm dying to see it in all it's glory again.
Hi all, I'm Lozza and I'm 26. This is a long one but want to share my experience with like minded fans and the journey I had to becoming one.

I was exposed to the universes of Alien and Predator at a young age through the PC games AVP and AVP2, I use to watch my bothers and dad play from behind their chair and when I was a little older I braved the Predator campaigns but still crapped myself but was able to complete them. I could barley touch the marine campaign on AVP2 I was too afraid.

When the Quadrilogy came out I remember my mum picking it up when at a Tesco, the box freaked me the F out and I remember mum and dad inviting my sister and husband round and they all sat down with my older brothers too and watched Aliens. They said I could watch it too, the menu freaked me out so I went to bed being able to hear the movie and it scared me half to death.

Some time later, mum got AVP on DVD and when I had the courage to ask her "Can I watch it?" And she said yes I thought "This is it, brave it. You like the cool predators from the games." I open the case and it's a face hugger disc, it scared me to death because it was horrific and looked like a spider. So I didn't watch it then.

I eventually watched both the AVP films, and really enjoyed them because I was watching these two horror icons that scared me to death but grew the courage to watch them and I was a kid or was watching something I wasn't supposed but was allowed by my parents. When AVPR came out my dad brought the 2disc SE and I watch the bonus features because I liked to do that with the Star Wars prequels, but these had snippets of the alien and predator movies and I was watching this stuff I thinking this seems so cool and convincing myself that if I can watch these snippets I can watch the real deal. I couldn't.

Some more time, I get AVP 2010. Love it. I'm in my xbox gaming prime in middle school and feeling like the cool kid playing this game my friends wouldn't. I grew up in a house where my family all knew Alien and Predator but no one else I ever talked to did and for years it felt like I knew this niche thing and could only talk about it with my one of brothers. He said I could watch them with him because he knew I wanted to. I watched everything starting with predator then the alien films when the blu ray collection came out. I loved it.

I was lucky enough to see both Prometheus and Covenant at the cinema with my dad and really enjoyed them.

Quick fire now so you know where I stand but this is all my opinion:

Alien 3 is a misunderstood masterpiece and is not only a great film but when viewed as a trilogy the best of the original three as a final act.

Alien Isolation is the best representation of the xeno across the movies and the games I've played. With the new movie coming I think it could also be made into a film but most definitely needs a sequel.

The AVP pc games need to come to console with multiplayer.

Covenant was a truly bone chilling experience and the ending with David is one of the most horrifying ends in film. I also think whilst I would love a sequel to this film, the fact that we don't have one really hammers home the unsettling ending.

There needs to be AVP revival in both game and movies, it could easily be an alternate Universe situation.

To end because this has gone on long  enough, I'm incredibly excited for the new Alien movie and think it could be the scariest alien film we've ever got.

I would love to talk more, if anyone wants to pick my brain please do as I'll talk for hours, message me if you like for more direct conversation. Never be apart of a form but been using the website since in middle school.

You made it this far, thank you for your time!
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 10:38:14 AM
Exactly. Please stop playing with your PS5 and take a look at the PS2 I invented.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed