Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 161,887 times)

Bughuntwilson

I gotta ask a question in the cmom they mention fighting a dinosaur on a planet is that a joke or is it reference to something the only thing i can think of is thay one alien vs predator novel with the cyborg xenomorphs that also had cloned dinosaurs i think

judge death

Its a reference/tribute to one comic if I recall right. :)

Oh, so they told what they are up to next already, sounds amazing! :D I will throw my money at them as soon as they present anything. Just wish they made that alien source book, oh well one day!

Also yes: they have done a such superb work on the lore, tying and referencing to dark horse comics and games and books, and made a lot work, its first time I see like 99% of us fans liking it and agree on its lore. Showcase of how to do the lore and franchise right. :)

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 06, 2022, 04:16:59 PM
A recent livestream with Andrew Gaska where, at one point, he mentions again that the upcoming release schedule for new content as of the moment is looking to be (in this order of release):

-The "Building Better Worlds" colonist/explorer source book
-Another cinematic scenario
-A 'space trucker' source book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpKOPT3Lgs8
STILL no announcement of the Alien RPG: Feline Survival Guide.

f**king bullshit >:(

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: judge death on Apr 06, 2022, 09:47:46 PM
Its a reference/tribute to one comic if I recall right. :)

Oh, so they told what they are up to next already, sounds amazing! :D I will throw my money at them as soon as they present anything. Just wish they made that alien source book, oh well one day!

Also yes: they have done a such superb work on the lore, tying and referencing to dark horse comics and games and books, and made a lot work, its first time I see like 99% of us fans liking it and agree on its lore. Showcase of how to do the lore and franchise right. :)
Im suprise we don't have a refrence to kenners atax though it would be cool if we get some organizations that actual make tech based on the xenomorphs and they would be a biological exosuit model called atax

Kailem

Quote from: judge death on Apr 06, 2022, 09:47:46 PMOh, so they told what they are up to next already, sounds amazing! :D I will throw my money at them as soon as they present anything. Just wish they made that alien source book, oh well one day!

Yeah fingers crossed it's something they have in mind and we'll see it one day. I remember in one stream a while back, before the release of the Colonial Marines Operations Manual last year, Andrew Gaska also mentioned the possibility of an android sourcebook, so that's a thing we might end up seeing at some point after these other books too.

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Kailem on Apr 07, 2022, 03:56:56 PM
Quote from: judge death on Apr 06, 2022, 09:47:46 PMOh, so they told what they are up to next already, sounds amazing! :D I will throw my money at them as soon as they present anything. Just wish they made that alien source book, oh well one day!

Yeah fingers crossed it's something they have in mind and we'll see it one day. I remember in one stream a while back, before the release of the Colonial Marines Operations Manual last year, Andrew Gaska also mentioned the possibility of an android sourcebook, so that's a thing we might end up seeing at some point after these other books too.
Hopefully the android sourcebook explores animal android more thoroughly like that one dog from the short

Xiggz456

Just finished up my read through of "Heart of Darkness" and there're are some very interesting and new concepts utilized in this campaign.

While reading (without getting into specifics) I felt that the following entries influenced aspects of this story:

Prometheus
Alien 3
Fire & Stone
Rage War
Gibson's A3
Harvest (short film)
Bloodlines (which PKJ has now confirmed is in the same timeline as the RPG)

Once again the artwork was phenomenal! Looking forward to the next expansion as well as what people playing think of the experience.

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Apr 13, 2022, 04:23:20 PM
Just finished up my read through of "Heart of Darkness" and there're are some very interesting and new concepts utilized in this campaign.

While reading (without getting into specifics) I felt that the following entries influenced aspects of this story:

Prometheus
Alien 3
Fire & Stone
Rage War
Gibson's A3
Harvest (short film)

Once again the artwork was phenomenal! Looking forward to the next expansion as well as what people playing think of the experience.
Tell me how the marvel comics fit into this

Xenomrph

Prometheus
Alien 3
Fire & Stone
Rage War
Gibson's A3
Harvest (short film)

Who is PKJ?

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 14, 2022, 12:17:25 AM

Prometheus
Alien 3
Fire & Stone
Rage War
Gibson's A3
Harvest (short film)

Who is PKJ?
The author of the alien marvel comics

BlueMarsalis79

Xiggz456

Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Apr 13, 2022, 10:31:48 PM

Prometheus
Alien 3
Fire & Stone
Rage War
Gibson's A3
Harvest (short film)

Spoiler
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

By debasing themselves.

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 14, 2022, 12:34:56 PM
By debasing themselves.
What do you mean by that exactly you think the marvel comics dosnt fit in?

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Apr 14, 2022, 12:19:39 PM
Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Apr 13, 2022, 10:31:48 PM

Prometheus
Alien 3
Fire & Stone
Rage War
Gibson's A3
Harvest (short film)

Spoiler
[close]
So the woman in the dark is makeing a comeback she proably my least favorite concept from the marvel comics

Xiggz456

Hey man can you put some spoiler tags on your post please? I'd rather not elaborate anymore until more people get a chance to read/experience the campaign.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed