Dark Horse Announces Predator Hunters III!

Started by Katanu, Nov 13, 2019, 06:11:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Predator Hunters III! (Read 57,988 times)

Katanu

Katanu

Just announced:
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/dark-horse-comics-predator-hunters-iii

"However, with Predator Hunters III, Chris went back to the beginnings of our Predator cycle and brought in a couple characters who haven't been seen in thirty years or more. Longtime readers will be pleased, but even new readers will appreciate how these returning characters expand the Predator universe."

Could they mean Schaefer and Rasche? Maybe General Phillips?

Loving the covers.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Pretty much what the title says. You can read more below. It is scheduled to release in Feburary 5th, 2020.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/dark-horse-comics-predator-hunters-iii

Also, here are two covers for the upcoming series

Xiggz456

Oh shit! It seems that we may be seeing Schaefer make a return! Nice find Katanu

Samhain13

Those Predators look cool.

Katanu

Katanu

Will he finally get a first name?  :laugh:
I'm really glad they're continuing this series, enjoyed both 1 and 2 so far.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for the link, Katanu! Really really excited for this. I've been enjoying the Predator: Hunter series so much and I'd been worried we wouldn't be seeing a third series because of the radio silence! Really good team on this one too. I'm very fond of Thies' previous artwork and Dzoiba's colours are great (I still want a recolouring of the original AvP with him).

It really does sound like Schaefer is making a return! Wonder if it might tie into the jungle from Concrete Jungle and Dark River???

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Katanu on Nov 13, 2019, 06:11:03 PM
Could they mean Schaefer and Rasche? Maybe General Phillips?

Russ840

Yessssssss

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

A bit of baseless speculation on my end but what if this ties into Predator:Hunting Grounds? Sure jungles are just kind of a thing with Predator but we know somebody is gunning for Stargazer, they show up in the last series, and both Hunting Grounds and this will take place somewhere in South/central America. We know the game will release somewhere in 2020 and the summer season would be the ideal time to release Predator content even if the book will have wrapped by May.

Maybe this is just a bunch of coincidences but Ilfonic did say they got to see things we haven't and that thing might've been this comic. Perhaps it's going to have some narrative connections to the game or that the game will reference events from this.

Even if not I'm glad we're getting another, these comics have been really good.

Katanu

I would enjoy something like that. I'm all for a more connected Predator Universe. That's one of the cool concepts of this series, using characters from different comics.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Nov 13, 2019, 11:57:10 PM
A bit of baseless speculation on my end but what if this ties into Predator:Hunting Grounds? Sure jungles are just kind of a thing with Predator but we know somebody is gunning for Stargazer, they show up in the last series, and both Hunting Grounds and this will take place somewhere in South/central America. We know the game will release somewhere in 2020 and the summer season would be the ideal time to release Predator content even if the book will have wrapped by May.

And doesn't the prequel novel to Hunting Grounds come out in May?

Wysps

Quote from: Katanu on Nov 14, 2019, 01:06:57 AM
I would enjoy something like that. I'm all for a more connected Predator Universe. That's one of the cool concepts of this series, using characters from different comics.

I also like the idea of different characters coming together from across various comics. It's nice to experiment with it in the comics, even if they stay away from that angle for the movies.

Kradan

f**k yeah !

happypred

happypred

Hope we get something a bit more innovative this time

This has to be Detective Scaefer

Spoiler

Written by Chris Warner (Predator Hunters, Barb Wire) and injected with explosive art via Brian Thies (Predator: Life and Death, Star Wars: Legacy) colored by Wes Dzoiba (MST 3000: The Comic, Aliens vs. Predator: Three World War), this four-part miniseries heads back to the steaming green jungles to craft the next dangerous chapter in the Predator legacy.

The extraterrestrial insanity kicks off with ex-drug runner Raphael Herrera reliving his worst nightmare. After that horrifying night when his men were slaughtered by an unearthly monster, Herrera joined up with the Predator Hunters crew. Now, years later, cartel soldiers are being murdered in the thick jungles of Central America, indicating to Herrera that the dreaded Predators have returned!

"Predator Hunters III was a bit of special fun for me, getting to loop back a bit to the first Predator comics Dark Horse published," Warner tells SYFY WIRE. "I was an artist on that original series, and I'd always wanted to play in that sandbox again. And I was able to go about it while still getting to hang out with the team of Predator hunters I created for the first two Hunters series. Career-wise, I've come full circle, which means I get a set of steak knives, I think."

Predator 2
Credit: Dark Horse Comics

"Bringing together characters (or their descendants) from Dark Horse's many standalone Predator series is something I'd been wanting to do for a long time, and I think Chris Warner's handling of the union has been great," adds series editor Randy Stradley. "However, with Predator Hunters III, Chris went back to the beginnings of our Predator cycle and brought in a couple characters who haven't been seen in thirty years or more. Longtime readers will be pleased, but even new readers will appreciate how these returning characters expand the Predator universe."

Featuring a brutal main cover illustrated by Brian Thies and a wicked variant by Andy Brase, Dark Horse Comics' Predator Hunters III #1 strikes comic shops and online vendors on Feb. 5, 2020.
[close]

Wweyland

Sweet, was waiting for this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed