Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time.

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 06, 2019, 03:43:04 PM

Author
Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time. (Read 44,146 times)

BlueMarsalis79

What's this about the helmet light?

Prez

A question: In Aliens SE when the sentry guns are taking out our friends in the corridor I was always convinced on the monitor Hicks is watching you can (barely) glimpse one of the xeno's running through all the smoke and gun fire. Am I imagining things?

SiL

You're not. I think SM even posted video of it earlier in the thread. An Alien steps out of a door and gets shot down.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 21, 2021, 08:04:38 PM
What's this about the helmet light?

Regarding Cameron's painstaking continuity between the end of Alien and the beginning of Aliens, what he did get wrong though was that Ripley's space suit helmet did not have a floodlight mounted on top of the helmet. Only the surface suits that Kane, Dallas and Lambert wore had those.

SuperiorIronman

Not really a film thing but I only just noticed it.

Scarface has the P2 spear holstered in these images. No idea why it was changed but it might've been changed for an AVP tie-in or maybe it was originally a weapon upgrade or how we got the weapon originally? Regardless like the 87 plasmacaster this didn't make it's way into the final game. I do wonder if it's still somewhere in the code.

Prez

Quote from: SiL on Aug 22, 2021, 07:14:49 AM
You're not. I think SM even posted video of it earlier in the thread. An Alien steps out of a door and gets shot down.

Thanks Sil for confirming this.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Aug 29, 2021, 10:50:25 PM
Not really a film thing but I only just noticed it.

https://cdn.staticneo.com/p/2005/1/predator_concrete_jungle_image7.jpg

https://i.neoseeker.com/screenshots/MjAwNS8xLw==/predator_concrete_jungle_image9.jpg

Scarface has the P2 spear holstered in these images. No idea why it was changed but it might've been changed for an AVP tie-in or maybe it was originally a weapon upgrade or how we got the weapon originally? Regardless like the 87 plasmacaster this didn't make it's way into the final game. I do wonder if it's still somewhere in the code.

This' the most interesting thing in this thread to me, now if someone could crack open Concrete Jungle, and answer that question.

Huggs

Early in Resurrection, when dude is looking down through the glass floor at Ripley 8, you can see the camera guy's arm reflected in the glass. It becomes more visible as the camera rotates. His watch shines for a few seconds.

Kradan

Kradan

Scene from Tony Scott's 2010 movie Unstoppable:

https://youtu.be/0KH4rWipCuU?list=PLuJHlDVTf-DniK1Y2LTil6G3jZ4N5hGvV&t=76

Does it sound like bits of Brian Tyler's score for Requiem to anybody else ?

Also, it looks like Batman 89 re-used not only sets but also sound effects from Aliens:

https://youtu.be/we_eTOeNSEE?t=107

Some Old Dude

More of a personal observation but the hive scene in Aliens feels way more claustrophobic watching it in a cinema.

As far as noticeable details this was the first time I noticed the tip of the Queens tail was broken off at some point during the final fight. When they fall into the loading doors it's a stub.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Oct 18, 2021, 10:56:44 AM
As far as noticeable details this was the first time I noticed the tip of the Queens tail was broken off at some point during the final fight. When they fall into the loading doors it's a stub.

This one always cheesed me off, even though it may or may not have been intentional.

Local Trouble

Maybe the severed part of her tail morphed into the egg.

Some Old Dude

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 19, 2021, 07:48:18 PM]

This one always cheesed me off, even though it may or may not have been intentional.

It's genuinely the tail of the puppet broken off. I figure a mad perfectionist like Cambo wouldve had a little hose spurting acid rigged up to it otherwise.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 19, 2021, 08:41:46 PM
Maybe the severed part of her tail morphed into the egg.

Makes about as much sense as anything else lol.

[cancerblack]

QuoteI figure a mad perfectionist like Cambo wouldve had a little hose spurting acid rigged up to it otherwise.

Yeah but the same mad perfectionist would have glued the spike back on, surely?

BlueMarsalis79

I think it's intentional, so it's got nothing to stab Ripley with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed