Alpha predator

Started by (Bad Blood), Jun 24, 2021, 01:21:49 AM

Author
Alpha predator (Read 2,422 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Hey everyone! I was just wondering your thoughts on the Alpha Predator character created by Neca and featured in Predator Hunting Grounds. One question I've been really curious about is...is he a Yautja or not? On a website about him it lists him as a Hish, but aren't the Hish a completely different species of predators that change sex and have a "kill gland" or something like that?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Current lore has Hish as "ancient Yautja ancestors".

Here's the story:

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 24, 2021, 01:52:57 AM

Here's the story:

So then they kind of Rebooted the Hish idea from Predator Forever Midnight and took out all the weird stuff and switched it around to have the Yautja be slaves instead of the Amengi. So then the Hish are now considered just regular Yautja correct?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Jun 24, 2021, 02:24:40 AM

Here's the story:

So then they kind of Rebooted the Hish idea from Predator Forever Midnight and took out all the weird stuff and switched it around to have the Yautja be slaves instead of the Amengi. So then the Hish are now considered just regular Yautja correct?

While no one yet seems to have an inside track on what Disney might be doing or thinking, and considering Gaska was saying these Neca backstories were seemingly being added to the Predator license lore bible, and this is the last license product to address the Hish and no licensed product has addressed, challenged or overridden this notion since... then this latest piece of official lore is all we have to go with.  So yes:)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 24, 2021, 02:46:01 AM

Here's the story:

While no one yet seems to have an inside track on what Disney might be doing or thinking, and considering Gaska was saying these Neca backstories were seemingly being added to the Predator license lore bible, and this is the last license product to address the Hish and no licensed product has addressed, challenged or overridden this notion since... then this latest piece of official lore is all we have to go with.  So yes:)
Awesome! I really like this origin story, it's pretty epic. :)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Jun 24, 2021, 02:47:29 AM

Me too! I think it's pretty awesome!

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Jun 24, 2021, 02:47:29 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 24, 2021, 02:46:01 AM

Here's the story:

My preferred theory has always been that the primitive Predators species stole their technology from another malevolent species.  Cool to see that at least one source is including that in the lore! 

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Stealing technology, then expanding upon it, is just the perfect balance to me.  :)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

It makes perfect sense honestly.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 29, 2021, 01:05:54 PM
Stealing technology, then expanding upon it, is just the perfect balance to me.  :)

Indeed, Japanese created their famous Daito, that the uninitiated call a Katana (really is just a time period, like calling a sword Tudor) from a Chinese sword, and perfected the design.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed