Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,726 times)

[cancerblack]

You're still (seemingly wilfully) missing my point and attacking one that I'm not making. My point is that taking something and arbitrarily sticking spikes on it is not good design. Especially when aliens are already pretty spikey. The "alien" elements of the design, such as the ribcage are spot on, but the exaggerated blades/spines, random spikes, completely inexplicable double tail blade and the use of literal dreadlocks make the design a bad one to my eyes. Get it yet?

PRJ_since1990

I actually liked the design you guys are talking about. It wasn't my favorite, but with a little work, it could be pretty neat.

What's your favorite Predalien design Cancer?

Powerloader

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Dec 14, 2013, 01:12:31 AM
You're still (seemingly wilfully) missing my point and attacking one that I'm not making. My point is that taking something and arbitrarily sticking spikes on it is not good design. Especially when aliens are already pretty spikey. The "alien" elements of the design, such as the ribcage are spot on, but the exaggerated blades/spines, random spikes, completely inexplicable double tail blade and the use of literal dreadlocks make the design a bad one to my eyes. Get it yet?

It's the best Predalien design I have seen.  The least goofy looking one, anyway.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Dec 14, 2013, 01:32:25 AM
I actually liked the design you guys are talking about. It wasn't my favorite, but with a little work, it could be pretty neat.

What's your favorite Predalien design Cancer?

I don't have one, I don't think anyone has pulled it off yet.

Xenomrph

I like the Predalien design they're using for the miniatures game, personally.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 14, 2013, 02:40:42 AM

As I said earlier, I'm warming to that one now. The image of it painted is a good departure from the yellow/pale colour scheme from the film.

Xenomrph

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Dec 14, 2013, 02:49:14 AM

As I said earlier, I'm warming to that one now. The image of it painted is a good departure from the yellow/pale colour scheme from the film.
And the best part is, since you paint them yourselves you can paint them any color you want. :)

[cancerblack]

I've been screwing around with some Tyranids to come up with my colour scheme. No luck so far but I'm getting closer, I'm attempting something that's off-black but blends sharply to sickly, drab greens and bile yellows around the details. If I was any good at lighting effects I'd be all over that NMM style the promo models are painted in though.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 14, 2013, 02:50:11 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Dec 14, 2013, 02:49:14 AM

And the best part is, since you paint them yourselves you can paint them any color you want. :)
I'm hoping to paint mine more akin to the brown-ish-black style Warriors from Aliens, maybe with a bit of that Predator skin tone on certain areas. Haven't decided yet but these are just my initial thoughts.

[cancerblack]

Doubt I'll be getting the Predalien really. For 5 quid more I could have another 5 Warriors.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

That's why I love this Kickstarter. They gave us plenty of options to choose from. I take it you won't take the free model then?

Also, anyone excited about the latest update?
"In other news, we have some pretty amazing news. We have been very kindly allowed to create versions of the characters 'Major Dutch Schaefer' and 'Lieutenant Linn Kurosawa' from the Alien vs Predator arcade game. These characters will be a first for the AvP Miniatures Game, as there have been no named characters as of yet. These two characters will fit into our timeline and story, both serving in the USCM. "

Looks like folks who DIDN'T fund the Kickstarter can get hooked up with Pre-Order prices too.

[cancerblack]

I thought the free models were Berserker and Praetorian, with the other free stuff being open choice (was going for sentry guns and more warriors with that).

Tex

no point taking the predalien as the freebie when you can get warriors or USCM instead...extra 5quid a piece free :P

[cancerblack]

Exactly. The Predators are basically a nice "bonus" on this for me. I'm after a squad of marines with sentry guns and a full alien hive really. Stuff like Kurosawa or a Predalien aren't really of any interest to me at all.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Dec 14, 2013, 07:49:38 PM
I thought the free models were Berserker and Praetorian, with the other free stuff being open choice (was going for sentry guns and more warriors with that).
You're correct. Honestly, I forgot what the other options were because I'm getting the Predalien. I'm basically going for a little bit of everything.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed